throttle return spring ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: throttle return spring ?

throttle return spring ?

do u guys take the spring that closes the throttle if u dont hold the grip off ? all the bikes i've seen that spring closes throttle real fast, and when i see videos of peeps standing on bikes, obviously bike keeps going.

do u guys ride on the street with it off ?

- Kons
    99 Busa, 159rwhp/97rwtq, 10.1@142mph ( old time, with 153hp )

Re: throttle return spring ?

no .... the idle is turned up
    Pm me if you need something painted!!!

whats your idle at ?
    99 Busa, 159rwhp/97rwtq, 10.1@142mph ( old time, with 153hp )

i cant do any tricks but i till ride it at 4000 rpm

Quote Originally Posted by CopMagnet5oh View Post
    whats your idle at ?
    For general slow wheelies and idle tricks 2700-3000rpm, depending on what your doing...3000-3500 for no handed stuff.

mine is at 11000 **** j.p and izzo. hey nippy whats the word on the cage i got the money here let me no when ur ready.

Quote Originally Posted by hondacbrf3 View Post
    mine is at 11000 **** j.p and izzo. hey nippy whats the word on the cage i got the money here let me no when ur ready.
    Yeah that sounds about right, considering your pow pow power wheelies 200km/h + speeds....LOL

^^^ ahh listen here dont hate the powa wheelies . this year will be at the lot a bit more i am waiting to get the cage and plus the bike is legit well you no what i mean. p.s what a good cage to get.

^^^ ahh listen here dont hate the powa wheelies . this year will be at the lot a bit more i am waiting to get the cage and plus the bike is legit well you no what i mean. p.s what a good cage to get.
    Tyger shark are the best IMO, but they are also expensive and you have to wait 2 weeks for it to be made....MXD, Sickinnovations, would be my second choice....

yeh tyger sharks looks like a monster but i dont want nothing too bait on the street and ride street as well thats one extra reason for those mofos to chase me. i was giong with f.i but chan said they were **** so tiger it is.

yeh tyger sharks looks like a monster but i dont want nothing too bait on the street and ride street as well thats one extra reason for those mofos to chase me. i was giong with f.i but chan said they were **** so tiger it is.
    You guys are funny...LOL you and your street ****...You dont learn anything on the street but how to run....There are people that have learned more in 2 weeks in the lot, then a lifetime on the street....Your just holding yourself back with that "I stunt the streets" attitude.....If you really want to stunt then commit to the lot, otherwise youll just be a stunt poser. Guy with a cage on his street bike that cant even idle wheelie or 12...LOL

About the cage its the same thing do you to learn some real stunts or just pose? If you want to actually learn stuff youll need something thats going to take a beating, Tyger Shark will but the FI would be better for just posing....Ive seen them blow apart after 1 drop...

^^^ahahah jesus who the hell ****** in your corn flakes ahahah nah i am coming to lot 4 or 5 times a week this season. i am giong to get the shark but i waiting on chan to let me no when he is ready to order. On a side note run is what i do the best sir.

Just put the bike in high gear (5th or 6th) and it will do about 30-40k at normal idle or turn on the fast idle lever (on 636). Otherwise turn up idle.

Btw...I would never run...it's not worth it!!
    Where My Rode Dawgs At!!

^^^ahahah jesus who the hell ****** in your corn flakes ahahah nah i am coming to lot 4 or 5 times a week this season. i am giong to get the shark but i waiting on chan to let me no when he is ready to order. On a side note run is what i do the best sir.
    You got it all wrong my friend I laugh about this not cry.....Sounds good we will just have to wait and see if you actually step up to the plate....

Just remember what I said
    "There are people that have learned more in 2 weeks in the lot, then a lifetime on the street"

These new guys to the game, have stepped it up and Im impressed...

Quote Originally Posted by CopMagnet5oh View Post
    do u guys take the spring that closes the throttle if u dont hold the grip off ? all the bikes i've seen that spring closes throttle real fast, and when i see videos of peeps standing on bikes, obviously bike keeps going.

do u guys ride on the street with it off ?

- Kons
    You can buy a throttle lock for about $30. It mounts beside your grip and holds it in position when you lock it. Then you have to flick it off to decelerate.
    I wouldn't advise disabling the throttle return, it's a PITA to ride with a sticky throttle.
    2009 Hypermotard 1100

When I first got my bike the throttle didnt return back and I didnt have any problems with it, I dont really see why someone would if you dont just let go of the throttle to drop the revs to shift or whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Cann View Post
    When I first got my bike the throttle didnt return back and I didnt have any problems with it, I dont really see why someone would if you dont just let go of the throttle to drop the revs to shift or whatever...
    I hate sticky throttle, or too much throttle play....I like when things work properly and are adjusted properly....When you get into technical tricks you need the throttle to be dead on, if its not it can affect your smoothness...Stunting has alot to do with throttle control, how can you have smooth throttle control if its sticking?

sportbiker kev was sayin its a pain in the *** to ride with a non-springy throttle i wasnt talking about stunting...but now my throttle is all fixed, it didnt stick just didnt return but it doesnt feel any different to me thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Cann View Post
    sportbiker kev was sayin its a pain in the *** to ride with a non-springy throttle i wasnt talking about stunting...but now my throttle is all fixed, it didnt stick just didnt return but it doesnt feel any different to me thats all.
    Just checked and I am in the stunting section, so anything in here should apply to stunting should it not?

A unproperlly adjusted throttle bothers me equally street or stunt.....

PS a throttle that does not return is a sticky throttle

Idk if you ask me a sticky throttle is one that sometimes returns and sometimes doesnt, something unpredictable. But maybe its like you say "potatoe" I say "potata" or however that saying goes.

And when you hit the new posts button its easy to forget what section youre in...sorry!