Installtion Red Light Camera

Thread: Installtion Red Light Camera

barabimbaraboom

Arrow Installtion Red Light Camera

Northbound on Bayview just south of 401 ''Red Light'' camera getting installed be aware, I've seen more than few accidents on that very spot people running the red. Any others pls inform.

Re: Installtion Red Light Camera

Hmm... I get the speed trap warnings... Cause most of you guys speed...

But red light traps? I am ok with people getting nailed at those.
    http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/4281/thatscrazy12qn4.gif

Actually, as a rider, I'm against red light cameras because they're indiscriminate. If my bike doesn't trip off the sensor and there's no traffic and I go through after waiting for about 5 minutes, I'll still get nailed with a ticket.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Actually, as a rider, I'm against red light cameras because they're indiscriminate. If my bike doesn't trip off the sensor and there's no traffic and I go through after waiting for about 5 minutes, I'll still get nailed with a ticket.
    Do something that is less illegal.
    Make a right than a u turn then a right again and your on your way.

There is another red light camera at Warden and McNicoll (between steeles and finch), i think that one is totally useless!

wrong... When you get a red light ticket it says how long the light was red before you ran it. So if the ticket says you were waiting for 5 min then you can fight that in court. Or just don't do that when there's a red light camera... they are clearly marked.

Traian, yes it's legal to run a red light if the light is defective... and the light is defective if you are waiting there for 5 min... You think making a U-turn near an intersection is more legal?
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Cool Re: Installtion Red Light Camera

Thanks for letting us know, I use that intersection often, and I've seen some who run the red, and also seen some bad accidents at same spot.
    Keep smiling, the best has yet to come...

I'd rather not have to fight it in court. And sometimes you have a divided "highway" so you have to ride for quite a bit before you can make a U.
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

videosilva

There is NO reason to be running a Red light, or trying to sneak through to make a quick left.

Those red light cameras might just save your *** one day.
    Last edited by videosilva; 01-14-2008 at 03:30 AM.

Under the circumstances that I mentioned, there's no other way in this day and age of magnetic-loop activated lights, many of which aren't sensitive enough to detect bikes. I'd rather run a red than wait for who knows how long, for some dead-tired cager to come up from behind and pray to God that he sees me in the first place. The only time waiting is an issue is late at night.

Under the circumstances that I mentioned, there's no other way in this day and age of magnetic-loop activated lights, many of which aren't sensitive enough to detect bikes. I'd rather run a red than wait for who knows how long, for some dead-tired cager to come up from behind and pray to God that he sees me in the first place. The only time waiting is an issue is late at night.

I agree with FireStart here I think a law should be passed which makes it legal in certain restricted times/instances to go through the red light.

I'd say, after 9pm? very little traffic etc. make it a reverse onus charge so if you are charged with running the red light you'd have to prove you were safely proceeding that's a decent compromise.
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Quote Originally Posted by mat2312 View Post
    I agree with FireStart here I think a law should be passed which makes it legal in certain restricted times/instances to go through the red light.

I'd say, after 9pm? very little traffic etc. make it a reverse onus charge so if you are charged with running the red light you'd have to prove you were safely proceeding that's a decent compromise.
    It is already enshrined in law that malfunctioning traffic lights should be treated as an all-way stop. If the light won't trigger for your bike after a reasonable time (several minutes), then you should treat it as malfunctioning and go through when it is safe to do so. You just might have to argue it in court though, if an officer doesn't agree with you.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde