19 Male Insurance

Thread: 19 Male Insurance

arthur.s09

19 Male Insurance

I know these question gets asked alot but i was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea as to how much insurance would be for me. Im 19 with my GM2. Been insured as the primary driver on my car since i was 16. So im just wondering how much insurance on a 250cc or 600cc would be based on what you guys pay. Thanks in advance

Re: 19 Male Insurance

im still 18 and have a CBR600rr and am paying 3000 a year... that is roughly how much you will be paying for a 600ss... as for the 250, couldnt tell you...
    RR

arthur.s09

thansk man, just out of curiosity who are you insured with? and also if anyone has any recomendations on good started bikes insurance wise

I'm 21 with a 250cc bike and I'm paying $1000 a year with state farm. you should fall within the same category.
    '08 ZX6R

I am insured with Tribute... their number is 905 681 6977, and ask to speak to Mike, he is one of the owners there, and he'll give you a good quote...

As for good starter bikes that are cheap on insurance, anything less than 600cc is gonna be pretty cheap... the 250 bikes are the cheapest, and the 500 bikes are good too, as well as the sv650 etc... As soon as you get to the SS bikes though, thats where itll cost you...
    RR

Quote Originally Posted by wedginator View Post
    I'm 21 with a 250cc bike and I'm paying $1000 a year with state farm. you should fall within the same category.
    statefarm wont insure him... they dont insure motorcycle riders unless they have 5 years G license experience...
    RR

Quote Originally Posted by Marko G View Post
    statefarm wont insure him... they dont insure motorcycle riders unless they have 5 years G license experience...
    I don't have 5 years G license experience either.
    '08 ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by wedginator View Post
    I don't have 5 years G license experience either.
    wtf, howd u get insurance than? I was turned down because of that very reason...
    RR

I don't know how, but my agent was more than happy to insure me. I remember he didn't even ask if I had a G-class license. He just asked me the cc's of the bike and the year. That was pretty much it.
    '08 ZX6R

do you have a car insured with them?

joelhamilton5

i'm 20 with a gm2 and zzr 250. i'm paying 1350/year with kingsway. state farm quoted me in the 1000 range, but called back saying they couldn't insure me because i didn't have 5 years driving experience. boo-urns.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko G View Post
    Hey, State Farm accept people with 5 years G1 license... anyone under 5 years they do not insure motorcycle. Hope that helps.

I would suggest you speak with a broker. Your G license experience has nothing to do with your motorcycle license experience. Brokers are not bound by the same rules as an agent. Agents represent only one company whereas brokers represent several.
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

gdcgates

Exclamation Re: 19 Male Insurance

3000 a year @ 18 on a 600rr? jeeez my old R6 was 7000 a year at 17. for me to ride my R1 now, all quotes as me primary are well over 5 digits. im 19 now under my 60 year old dad who has no desire to ride it at all. 1100 a year.

3000 @ 18 is ridiculous!

teens on supersports usually only happens when they have fathers who have been riding for a looong time. i guess try going under ur dad first if he will let it, but no guarantees if you will save $. you dont even have to be living at the same location, at least not with primmum.

for the 250cc it should be about a thousand bucks give or take.