Fireball Coatings B+

Thread: Fireball Coatings B+

Fireball Coatings B+

Going with the old addage you can get something done fast, cheap, or with quality, but you can't have all three, they definately come through on the qualilty and speed. I had them coat a header I built for my car and their quality of work was top notch. I've had other coaters do high temp stuff for me in the past that was just marginally above me using high temp spray paint. Turn around was 2 days which was reasonably quick, but the price I thought was what I would consider a bit high.

I'm of the feeling that my long branch header could have been priced 10-20% less than what I paid. But if the coating holds up like I'm expecting, then the price is a small premium to pay.
    Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

Re: Fireball Coatings B+

+1.

They have done a few pipes for me. Their quality is top notch and the finish is really tough.

I've got a pipe on an old snowcross sled that still looks and performs like new after 5 years.

Fireball did my bike's exhaust -- a bulletproof coating and after a season, it looks the same as the day I had it done.
    Wherever you may roam
    May you own your road.

Fireball has done a couple of headers for me and they came out great, great service and all. A bit far for people in Toronto, but worth the trek.

The downside to the coating is that it loses its lustre when the exhaust surface temps approach 650-700 °C. So... do all your dyno work and then get the exhaust coated! Or get as many fans on the headers as you can when on the dyno.

Any idea on the cost to coat 2 mufflers from my GSX1100 ? I dislike the dull aluminum finish and like to go gloss black.

Yeah I wouldnt mind getting both mufflers on my ex250 done in black...interested in hearing about cost as well

Just email mark at fireball -- I'm sure he'd quote a fair price.

What I love about the ceramic coat he did on my exhaust is how much cooler the pipes run. 5-10 minute after I shut off the bike, I can touch the pipe without getting burned.

"why would you do something like that?"

just to see. . .
    Wherever you may roam
    May you own your road.

I received a pm from aesthetics who runs a powder coating business in the GTA http://aestheticdesigns.org/ His stuff looks good!! Powder coating the mufflers may be a better alternative. I've also emailed Mark at Fireball. I'll post the results of my research. I'm definitely going to get them done ceramic or powder coated.
    2007 Suzuki M109
    1985 Suzuki GSX550F
    2004 Honda Aero 750

their product is great, but they did kind of mess up on my dad's old ZX-11 pipes...they didn't do gloss finish where they agreed upon, and finished the whole system in a matte finish. Awesome product though, was a few days for turn around.
    Justin in Barrie...

Quote Originally Posted by NP6000 View Post
    Fireball has done a couple of headers for me and they came out great, great service and all. A bit far for people in Toronto, but worth the trek.

The downside to the coating is that it loses its lustre when the exhaust surface temps approach 650-700 °C. So... do all your dyno work and then get the exhaust coated! Or get as many fans on the headers as you can when on the dyno.

Hmmm, losing lustre? My three snowmobile pipes are as shiny from end to end as the day they were Ceramic coated. My EGT probes get as hot as 1350 degrees! Must bikes I don't think get that hot.