Slow drivers targeted - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow drivers targeted

Re: Slow drivers targeted

Quote Originally Posted by Marko G View Post
    Another problem is when somebody is in the left lane driving 90, and you go to pass them in the right, and they speed up, because they refuse to let you by... Canada has a real problem with being considerate while driving...
    actually i think there is something in 203 about altering ones speed to prevent movement of another driver.

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/reg...s_070455_e.htm

8. Driving a motor vehicle without due care and attention, without reasonable consideration for other persons using the highway or in a manner that may endanger any person by,

i. driving a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates an intention to prevent another vehicle from passing,

why is it we never hear about these guys getting pulled over, its only the gus doing 60 over

Quote Originally Posted by chadta View Post
    actually i think there is something in 203 about altering ones speed to prevent movement of another driver.

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/reg...s_070455_e.htm

8. Driving a motor vehicle without due care and attention, without reasonable consideration for other persons using the highway or in a manner that may endanger any person by,

i. driving a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates an intention to prevent another vehicle from passing,

why is it we never hear about these guys getting pulled over, its only the gus doing 60 over
    If they actually enforced that part (which they should if their goal is actually saftety) They could just round up 75% of traffic on the 400 series highways. lol

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    If they actually enforced that part (which they should if their goal is actually saftety) They could just round up 75% of traffic on the 400 series highways. lol
    The intent is to stop people from speeding up to block people passing on 2 lane roads, which was already illegal, but the wording is far too broad.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

In the words of somebody else:
    "Lead, follow, or get out of my way."

donut

Deleted: Unnecessary comment
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 01-12-2008 at 09:18 PM.

Being bump from behind three times on the hwy, I am more worry about the idiots tailgating when I am on the slow or middle lanes than anythings else. Now I have to leave at least two cars of space in front of me just to avoid sudden stops.

If all the drivers are properly educated and using common sense, I would say even there is no speed limit, there would be less accidents on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Bill View Post
    Ahahahaa. slower roads, you aren't all that familiar with that neck of the woods are you Dave?

That leaves the Beach strip road, and the lift bridge, and if the lift bridge is lifted to let a slooooooow freighter through, you are screwed for 20 minutes, and for getting to work at time.

I'm exaggerating a tad.. i'm not the only one doing ~90 km/h, just in the minority, and always in the slow lane. Driving a slab-sided empty GMC Safari in higher winds on the Skyway is a skittish affair, no reflection on it's overall mechanical fitness or my driving skills. Usually i'm within sight of another Astro/Safari vehicle also taking the prudent way.

Whether i'm doing 90 km/h or 120 km/h, there is always some idiot riding your bumper in that neck of the woods, no matter what lane you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by rctyler View Post
    that's part of the problem...everyone refers to it as the "slow lane" and nobody wants to be "slow" so everyone stays in the left lane (the "fast lane"). the police should be ticketing people who use the passing lane for anything other than passing.
    no the police should not ticket people who use the left lane, we already have way too much traffic congestion

People who aren't comfortable driving at 120kph should not drive on the highway, In Bandit Bill's case he has a logical reason not to drive 100+ and sticks to the right lane that's fine. But he has the ability to drive faster if necessary.

Train people to drive properly, enforce sensible road rules (ie. signalling, tailgating, lane changes, NO CELL PHONES) and the speed factor becomes irrelevant.
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.