Attention STUNT Riders - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attention STUNT Riders

Re: Attention STUNT Riders

Quote Originally Posted by 23Chills View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but did Teach not just win Stuntwars??? Dude is a freaking teacher so he rides on weekends and a few weeknights????

I think there is a selected few I have seen in person that could hold their own and continue to compete at that level... they could, if they pushed themselves to infact probably pass several US riders...

Its just my .02...

Teach isnt a full time teacher anymore, but he also doesnt live down south..He does however do alot of raod trips, and gets to ride with all sorts of pros...

Wee is right only being able to ride 6 months instead of 12 does put us a little behind, and lets not forget weve only been at this for 3 years. People like Teach who are at the top have been at it for more...And people like Aaron Colton dont have day jobs so one year of his riding is like 2 of ours....

When the amount of people doing this here goes up, so will our level....I can count the number of people in the GTA that I would consider serious stunt riders, on my hands...

Wee has a good point kinda but there are people in Europe that are even better then US riders, so the US isnt the #1 country for stunting...And even if your the best stunter in the world you might not win comps, being sic at freeriding is alot differnt then what it takes to win comps with a well put togther run...

LOL easy there cowboy its only me..... not some stunter hating squid...

Yes you're right Teach did win..... but his run wouldnt have been so flawless if he didnt have allll that practise under his belt.......no ? The mans a teacher but still has time to ride the lots..................trust me.

I think theres a few in our area that could compete....BUT if they were out riding every single night practising/perfecting their tricks and skills not having a 3-4 month break and have to shake off the rust after getting back on... then they could have been taking the podium a lot earlier.

practise makes perfect

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Teach isnt a full time teacher anymore, but he also doesnt live down south..He does however do alot of raod trips, and gets to ride with all sorts of pros...

Wee is right only being able to ride 6 months instead of 12 does put us a little behind, and lets not forget weve only been at this for 3 years. People like Teach who are at the top have been at it for more...And people like Aaron Colton dont have day jobs so one year of his riding is like 2 of ours....

When the amount of people doing this here goes up, so will our level....I can count the number of people in the GTA that I would consider serious stunt riders, on my hands...

Wee has a good point kinda but there are people in Europe that are even better then US riders, so the US isnt the #1 country for stunting...And even if your the best stunter in the world you might not win comps, being sic at freeriding is alot differnt then what it takes to win comps with a well put togther run...
    there are a TON of better Europian riders than US.... i never said Us was #1.... just for clarification

Quote Originally Posted by weeee =) View Post
    there are a TON of better Europian riders than US.... i never said Us was #1.... just for clarification
    I know you didnt say that exactly but you did say this

"but the games steppin up by the day in the US and not getting to practise and work on new tricks every single day holds the canadian stunting back a lot"

Most of Europe has a short riding season just like us, so my point is simply if guys in Europe can be on the same level as the US guys, why cant someone in Canada?

The game can be stepped up daily anywhere, where your from or where you live doesnt make you what you are...I hate the cold but some of the other guys are still out ridin the lot...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    I know you didnt say that exactly but you did say this

"but the games steppin up by the day in the US and not getting to practise and work on new tricks every single day holds the canadian stunting back a lot"

Most of Europe has a short riding season just like us, so my point is simply if guys in Europe can be on the same level as the US guys, why cant someone in Canada?

The game can be stepped up daily anywhere, where your from or where you live doesnt make you what you are...I hate the cold but some of the other guys are still out ridin the lot...

ya you're right.

if i had to think of someone out there riding the lots in this weather Jacksons my first guess lol I dont know how he does it tho.

the conditions out in the lot arent great reguardless tho.... so even if you were out theres still going to be something limiting you from practising to your full potential.

Why dont we just all move to the sun ? Everyone wil be happy....no ?

ya you're right.

if i had to think of someone out there riding the lots in this weather Jacksons my first guess lol I dont know how he does it tho.

the conditions out in the lot arent great reguardless tho.... so even if you were out theres still going to be something limiting you from practising to your full potential.

Why dont we just all move to the sun ? Everyone wil be happy....no ?
    Thats why Im not out there with them, if Im not comfortable then Im not really progressing. So Id rather wait and not trash my bike just to be ridin, but not really progressing...

I think a indoor spot is the key, for me anyway....moving just isnt possible..One day it will happen I know it, just havent met the right people yet

+1 on the comfort thing. It took me forever to get comfortable riding the lots while being in the sun with you guys around...and i still **** up and make the stupidest mistakes out of nervousness sometimes..... but im kinda of over that..............................kinda...

Ive been trying to find an indoor spot........but convinced its impossible because it has been so far. Moving sounds nice but in reality isnt going to happen for me for a while.... but Im already saving for it because I know i wont end up in Canada.... as much as I dont wanna live in the states and follow their rules.... theres no way I can stay here forever.

Holy ****....

My point is...... and its not me I am suggesting here...

That based on what I have seen and what I currently see on vids and everything else via the web... that we have some serious game here and I think some would fair well overseas or in the USA.

So did this dude pick someone yet or is this guy gonesky?

I pm'd him but no response . . .

I pm'd him but no response . . .
    So then your not good enough either....LOL Hey at least were not alone

So do you want to start up a ****** stunt team ?

Great news boys, and nina...
    My bike goes in for paint THIS saturday!!

WHAT COLOUR ?

Wait a minute..... YOU won and are trying to hide it from us !!!!!!!

Your bikes guna be covered in red rain graphics next time i see it isnt it ??

and thanx for including me... l o l

hah nah I was joking but back to the Canadian scene, its not a very old stunt scene is it? Just looking at how fast the roaddawg guys and the INCers got this season from last or the guys who jsut started this season I dont see why it wouldnt be possible for Canadians to be a top name one day. Like Johnny said theyve only been at it 3yrs and when you see the guys in the USA who been at it for like 5-10yrs they arent far off, and Im pretty sure that has to do with how much Johnny and the guys maintain their bikes, it might sound stupid but if you have a top running machine youre going to learn more and faster than if you are running a POS that after you get back from chainsawing it and crashing at the lot you just throw it back into the garage untill the next weekend when you go back out and ride a sloppy bike.

about the stunting not bashing anyone just its the way people look at us here in the states they ride all year and people love it here only handfull like to see us do ****, they rest just wait for us to crash which i do. roaddawgs and the stunters inc have been at it for while they are oldskool gangsters

I just think that something needs to happen here at somepoint... it'd be nice to see a Canadian event within the XDL's or something....

PS Rally and the Blocko arent enough for CDN people to get their name out there....

but I guess at the end of the day what it comes down to is.... do they really want to be big or do they just want to ride lots and thats that....

See for me, racing is becoming a dead end.... there is only so far you can go here when it comes to MX.... unless you have a FULL FACTORY US sponsership and can race every week/weekend in the states it does not matter how good you are there is just no avenue to go anywhere here....(I could be very wrong) but I just don't see the opportunity here that riders in the states have....

I think there is room for something BIG in stunting here... but the key players really have to push something....otherwise nothing is ever going to happen....

wish xdl throw some event down here in toronto...

ill be the first one there buyn a t shirt

Quote Originally Posted by izzo View Post
    wish xdl throw some event down here in toronto...

ill be the first one there buyn a t shirt

LOL how about I just bring u back one

pew just make sure they are xl

wow thanks nina early valentines presents eh?

lol early ? the competition isnt until March 22nd