Group Buy for Kawasaki 250R in Canada - Deadline January 11th

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy for Kawasaki 250R in Canada - Deadline January 11th

SUCCESS - Group Buy for Kawasaki 250R in Canada - Deadline January 11th -SUCCESS

Success!!! I went over to the dealership this morning, and we have met our minimum number of people! This means that those that has signed up WILL get their bike for $4400!!! (The licensing fee that I mentioned earlier turns out to be $80, but that's with ANY dealership, because this money goes to the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario. So final final final cost will be $4480, ALL fees, ALL taxes, ALL whatever included)

And another good news, the dealership has agreed to keep the group rate for anyone that decides to join in the next two weeks. Let me know if you want to jump on the offer!

The dealership also said they are quite low on inventory for this bike, and would like us to know it's on a first come first serve. So don't take too long to decide!!!

Soon to come: a group ride for all our new 250R owners!!!

----------------------------

I have excellent news

I contacted several dealerships today and found amazing prices on 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R.

A dealership is willing to do 4400 OTD, the condition is that we must have a certain number in our group. We are currently short a few people, if you want to join in on this excellent group buy, let me know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. The deadline is 11:59pm, January 11th.

I will need:
    Your FIRM Decision
    Your Name
    Your Phone number (I won't be calling you, it is for the dealership)

Some info:
    The dealership is IN Ontario, less than an hour from Toronto.
    I was guaranteed that we will all be on our bikes BY April.
    Yes, there will be warranty on the bikes since this is a Canadian dealership.
    You will have to pay for licensing, but that's with ANY dealership. I believe it's $20. MTO for more info
    They also have gear for sale, so you can probably get some deals with them on gear as well.

Let me know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
    Last edited by pearl; 01-12-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Re: Group Buy for Kawasaki 250R in Canada - Deadline January 11th

IN.

im in for the green 250!

pm sent

PM Sent.

I'm in. PM sent.

newb250r

PM sent.

4400 otd... not too shaby...
    what happen to the US group buy? just asking, cause I remember seeing it

It's still here, I've just been too busy with this group buy because we will be making our move within a week.

I will go back to focusing on the group import after this week

movie?
    you're making a movie? thats awesome.. any bikes in it? can i be the lead actor? I have no acting experience

Yuma

As much as I'd like to take advantage of this, I don't like not knowing who the dealer is in advance.

Lets say I agree now and you have exactly the number of people you need, and I meet with the dealer later but decline, are the rest of you screwed? I don't want that to happen either.

(And to top it off, the three 2008 colors are waaaaay beyond ugly, someone please tell me they have others )

wow, considering some dealerships were selling at about $7k OTD last year, this is amazing!
    http://www.hi5exposure.com
    F4i > CB360T > CB750K > CBR954RR > GSXR1000 > 640Adv > Vino125 > SR50 > GSXR600 > Vespa 250 GTS > GS500 > CBR125r > zx-6r

Quote Originally Posted by Yuma View Post
    As much as I'd like to take advantage of this, I don't like not knowing who the dealer is in advance.

Lets say I agree now and you have exactly the number of people you need, and I meet with the dealer later but decline, are the rest of you screwed? I don't want that to happen either.
    The reason I am not disclosing the name of the dealership here is because I know from experience (from the Group Import) that there are always some people out there that will try and mess up other people's work, so I am not going to post too much info online. Also, I don't want to do anything that may upset the dealership, and not deal with us anymore

If you are serious and ready to purchase this motorcycle, let me know and I will put you on the list.

I understand I am just some random guy on the internet so I completely understand why you're worried - I would be too. If you are worried, I would suggest the following steps:
    1. wait for dealership to call
    2. ask for their name and location
    3. call Kawasaki Canada and ask if the dealership is legit and ask if they could tell you the name of the owner
    4. go to the dealership in person and ask the owner for some ID

If you feel comfortable, THEN sign papers and put down money.

let me know if you have any more questions, I completely understand why you are worried.

rsx.ca

PM sent

Just wanted to give everyone a friendly reminder

Deadline is coming up very soon, if you want to get this bike for only $4400 OTD, let me know as soon as possible, and definitely before 11:59PM on January 11th, 2008.

If you have friends that are serious about getting into the sport, pass on the message, hopefully we can negotiate for an even better deal if we get a lot of people. It'll be tough, but it's worth a try.

Thanks!

rsx.ca

So do we have enough people yet?? Just wondering because the deadline is coming up.

crap i seen your post on kijiji, sweet looking bike for a 250, good luck with the group by, and i know if was looking for a 250 i would sign up.

Nas

kingkao

uhm...the MSRP on this bike is $4249...

JonW

Quote Originally Posted by kingkao View Post
    +tax
    +delivery/license/registration etc fees

And it's only the manufacturer's suggested price, there's nothing that says a dealership has to sell that "low" if they can get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkao View Post
    The groupbuy price is $4400 out the door, including taxes, PDI, etc.

MSRP + Taxes alone is $4801 then add PDI and admin fees and you're over $5000.

Hope your dealer has allocation/ inventory for the group purchase. This bike is really hot and that usually = short supply and high prices. Good luck.