Teen gets Biboed - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Teen gets Biboed

Re: Teen gets Biboed

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    I was thinking more in the lines of the media... I have used that page numerious times.... I have yet to receive any sort of reply
    How about the largest and most listened-to talk radio station in the country?

http://www.cfrb.com/

I tried John Moore and didn't get any traction, despite him being quite the civil libertarian. Perhaps if he heard from more people, who weren't complete nutjobs, he'd consider doing a segment? Hell, he had some whack-job anti-Islamic prof from Oklahoma on yesterday, just so that he could serve as an object lesson on how bloody crazy they're getting, south of the border.

You could also try The Motts Show. They're a husband and wife team who frequently take opposing viewpoints, which can help see both sides of an issue.

Overall CFRB is a conservative station, which means that they will generally support police for good or ill, but they are also in the business of making money. Controversy, in talk radio, is money.
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 01-08-2008 at 11:59 AM.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Just emailed CFRB about it.

I listen to their shows all the time..

Angus..
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Argyle View Post
    Just emailed CFRB about it.

I listen to their shows all the time..

Angus..
    Did you hit the general contact email, or one of the shows?

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

i didn't read through the entire post but I will just say the cop should have pulled him over before he got to 160, 150, 140, 130, 120 etc. If the OPP were so concerned about our safety they wouldn't have allowed him to get upto 160.

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post
    a post today from my local Mustang board:

OK!!! Listen to this. I've been looking for the audio clip, I can't find it... I wonder why!!

The OPP officer who caught this kid was on CBC radio this morning. He basically admitted to entrapment. He came up on the kid, so he was going faster to begin with. Yes the kid should not have sped up, but when the cop slowed down so did he and when the cop sped up he did too..all the way to 160.

The OPP officer was off duty on his way home in an unmarked cruiser without radar. He had to use his speedometer to get a fix on his speed.

I was furious when I heard what the cop was saying. He didn't think anything he did was wrong.

Did he speed up in an aggressive move to entice the kid? When I first read the story it appeared as if the 18 yr old came up on the cop from behind and tried to get him to race; this is now not the case...in the officer's own words.

Wait a second, if the cop was going faster than the kid then he was speeding (charge 1). By taking the speed up to 160kph he was breaking the law. There is no way a police officer should allow someone to break a traffic law so they can slap a bigger traffic charge on you. What if the kid spun out and killed someone @ 160kph, in my opinion that officer is liable.

Another thing, why was the cop using the police car while he was offduty? Their shifts end and they drop their cars off correct? I don't like the idea of my tax-funded police cars being used for anything but police business.

I'd like to keep an eye on this, I have a feeling a good lawyer would have this case tossed for entrapment especially since the officer ADMITTED to slowing down and speeding up.
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnn View Post
    i didn't read through the entire post but I will just say the cop should have pulled him over before he got to 160, 150, 140, 130, 120 etc. If the OPP were so concerned about our safety they wouldn't have allowed him to get upto 160.
    As another poster said, it could have gotten up to that speed rather quickly.