Banned rom Blue Line Forums - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned rom Blue Line Forums

Re: Banned rom Blue Line Forums

Quote Originally Posted by johnp View Post
    I do think people police should be allowed to rant.

If an officer is out there risking his life to support the constitution every working day he's allowed to rant about how much he hates it.

It doesn't mean he actually does hate it!

However, should you have been banned?.......
    They should be allowed to rant as private citizens. Ranting in the forum that is by it's own banner the voice of LE community on the Internet is not the same as posting as joeschmoe69 on mymommhatesme.net. It borders on standing on the soap box in Nathan Phillips Square, in uniform, yelling that supreme laws of this country are useless junk.

Police officers have chosen their profession and are paid to do what they do and risk what they risk. If the benefits of the job are not worth the risk and frustration they should do what other professionals do - quit and find another job/profession/country. Or suck it up, do their job professionally and do what they can to change what they think is wrong using methods acceptable by those who pay them - us.

I don't care about being banned. It's their shame, not mine. However, I did contact the Board Administrator as their banning message politely asked me to. I'm just curious what the response, if any, is going to be.

BTW, they didn't just block me from logging in and posting. They banned my IP address so I cannot even read what they are wtiting behind my back now. I can change my IP in minutes to read the posts and create another account to respond, but they are just not worth it.
    Last edited by Vlad; 01-05-2008 at 04:16 PM.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by this. I already explained why I was there, even though I don't see how that's relevant. I was just curious to read the posts there and would probably never even register if it wasn't for that "screw the Charter and Trudeau" (I'm paraphrasing) remark.

You completely lost me on the meaning of the second sentence. Anyone can rant, but consequences for those in position of power should be different. How many times do I have to say that there is no excuse for openly disrespecting the law you are sworn and paid to protect? Conflict of interest, bigotry, hypocrisy anyone?
    The first statement is quite simple to understand. A forum is like a bar, where people can kick back after work and vent. It's like you walked into a cop bar and started slagging police. Did you belong there? Clearly not. Could you be there? Sure, until you stepped on toes and got showed the door.

What I mean by the second, is that I've heard this sort of popping off from every walk of life that you can name, for as long as I've been on this planet. The internet makes it easier. It's rare that I hear it from someone who seriously thinks this way.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

wernt they discussing a slam dunk drug bust? is that a time to lecture about Charter?

Sometimes I think a forum is like the cyber-locker room - public yet private. Vlad I kind of think you walked into the lion's den and you got your head bitten off quickly - banned.

I hope your next feat is not to get on to a Hell's Angel forum (if there is one) and make a statement that Harley Davidson's are a p.o.s.

Banned after 4 posts ... what's the record on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
    This forum tolerates differing opinions. Its obvious police only want to hear their own voices and no other opinions are valid. I'm glad that most here are enlightened enough to argue differing opinions rather than just have someone banned for questioning them. My knuckles don't drag and I'm proud of that... otherwise I'd have to go hang out on Blueline.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    The first statement is quite simple to understand. A forum is like a bar, where people can kick back after work and vent. It's like you walked into a cop bar and started slagging police. Did you belong there? Clearly not. Could you be there? Sure, until you stepped on toes and got showed the door.

What I mean by the second, is that I've heard this sort of popping off from every walk of life that you can name, for as long as I've been on this planet. The internet makes it easier. It's rare that I hear it from someone who seriously thinks this way.
    Interesting analogy. I don't think it's a good one, though. Imagine a cop writing and signing that rant on a bulletin board in a public square. Now imagine that writing in stone, staying there forever and for everyone to read (Internet never forgets, even if they eventually prune the thread). I walk by, disagree with the writing enough to write my response under his. His colleagues cordon off the square without explanation or warning preventing me from ever writing on that board or even reading it again. They let everyone else through, so people can see what a bad guy I am, as per all the posts written under mine after I was banned. Some exercise in law enforcement, Kafka would envy them.

No argument with the second explanation. We just differ in the opinion whether police officers should be held to higher standards than the rest of us or not. Not to mention responsibility for the image of the organization formed and paid for by their citizens.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

I hope your next feat is not to get on to a Hell's Angel forum (if there is one) and make a statement that Harley Davidson's are a p.o.s.

That's really funny. Let's ALL do it.
    * It's about safety, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    This forum tolerates differing opinions. Its obvious police only want to hear their own voices and no other opinions are valid. I'm glad that most here are enlightened enough to argue differing opinions rather than just have someone banned for questioning them. My knuckles don't drag and I'm proud of that... otherwise I'd have to go hang out on Blueline.
    I know we're different from Blueline ... poked around on a few threads there out of curiousity and you quickly get the general atmosphere there ... hence the lion's den reference.

Just making a little light of it.

Sometimes I think a forum is like the cyber-locker room - public yet private. Vlad I kind of think you walked into the lion's den and you got your head bitten off quickly - banned.

I've been on public forums before thee Internet and the WWW (they were called BBSs then and had way less noise than today) and couldn't agree more with your assessment. People still think keyboard is a shield, their audience is as small as a pub and what they say gets forgotten as fast as a whisper in it's darkest corner. There's very little movement towards the awarenes that the written word hat can come back to haunt you in a decade as loud and clear as it was written today. I've made a few mistakes of my own in this communication medium and still do, but I'm constantly trying to improve too. In hindsight, posting there was a mistake and it won't happen again. The whole incident didn't solve anything and left me very dissapointed with LE0, something I will not easily recover from.

No intention of scrutinizing Angel's public opinions, as long as they are not paid by my tax money . I wouldn't be surprised if they allow me more than 4 posts and prove to have thicker skin though. I just hope these officers don't loose their cool so easily when push comes to shove.
    Last edited by Vlad; 01-05-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Vlad, it's a cop forum. How many trolls do you think they get on a regular basis? They probably have zero tolerance for it. You went in there and started scolding and insulting them.
    Your words:

"Shame on you for putting a big dent in my respect of LEO as professionals and humans "

"Just the kind of reasonable response that will prove wrong my impression of members of this board."

"I find it highly inappropriate for a LEO in a public forum at best and borderline fascist at worst"
    LOL! You weren't giving your opinion you were lecturing them on how they should act as officers and human beings. Not once did the words "I disagree with your opinion" or anything of the sort come from you.

You got banned so you ran back here to whine and get some sympathy.

Pssst, I don't believe that some drug mule from a foreign country should have the same rights and freedoms as a Canadian citizen does either. Does this make me a fascist also? lol

They should be allowed to rant as private citizens. Ranting in the forum that is by it's own banner the voice of LE community on the Internet ..............
    In spite of what the forum may claim it is NOT the voice of LE community. In fact you don't even know if that person who made the comment really is a police officer.

No intention of scrutinizing Angel's public opinions,
    Just sort of a humourous parody of how to get a similar 'cyber-swarming' like what happened on Blueline. But maybe they'd offer you a 'cyber-beer' afterwards ... Cheers

[quote=Z1K;513631]
    LOL! You weren't giving your opinion you were lecturing them on how they should act as officers and human beings. Not once did the words "I disagree with your opinion" or anything of the sort come from you.

You have taken my words out of context, but you are basically right. I havee no respect for people that disrespect basic human rights, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Z1K View Post
    That cannot be further from the truth. I asked for level headed opinions, and did get quite a few. How exactly did i whine?

Pssst, I don't believe that some drug mule from a foreign country should have the same rights and freedoms as a Canadian citizen does either. Does this make me a fascist also? lol
    Every person accused of committing a crime in this country has the same basic human rights as outlined by the Charter. If you think those rights should be denied to a person just because they are not citizens of this country than you basically believe that not all humans deserve to be treated as equals by law. I'll leave it up to you to classify your world view, political and social opinion - I know I want nothing to do with it and will oppose it any way I can.

All that said, I respect your right to voice your opinion and use non-violent and democratic means to put it into law, even if your goal is to deny similar rights to others.

Quote Originally Posted by johnp View Post
    In spite of what the forum may claim it is NOT the voice of LE community. In fact you don't even know if that person who made the comment really is a police officer.
    How am I to know they are not? Better yet, how is anyone reading those forums to know? Only if OPP/TP/RCMP publicly denounces them as renegades/imposters/impersonators .
    Last edited by Vlad; 01-05-2008 at 05:41 PM.

the reincarnation

Vlad, it's a cop forum. How many trolls do you think they get on a regular basis? They probably have zero tolerance for it. You went in there and started scolding and insulting them.
    Your words:

Troll on Z1K

All that said, I respect your right to voice your opinion and use non-violent and democratic means to put it into law, even if your goal is to deny similar rights to others.
    Nice try Vlad.

Just because I believe that we shouldn't accept criminals into our country doesn't mean I want to deny them basic human rights. I said the SAME rights as a Canadian citizen, NOT any rights whatsoever. But you will probably try and spin my words again to suit yourself.

Either way it doesn't change the fact that you were a troll and were treated as such.

Interesting analogy. I don't think it's a good one, though. Imagine a cop writing and signing that rant on a bulletin board in a public square. Now imagine that writing in stone, staying there forever and for everyone to read (Internet never forgets, even if they eventually prune the thread). I walk by, disagree with the writing enough to write my response under his. His colleagues cordon off the square without explanation or warning preventing me from ever writing on that board or even reading it again. They let everyone else through, so people can see what a bad guy I am, as per all the posts written under mine after I was banned. Some exercise in law enforcement, Kafka would envy them.

No argument with the second explanation. We just differ in the opinion whether police officers should be held to higher standards than the rest of us or not. Not to mention responsibility for the image of the organization formed and paid for by their citizens.
    The town square is for use by all and all walks of life pass through it. Bars and clubs tend toward a regular and relatively fixed client base, though anyone can ostensibly enter such an establishment. I would say that my analogy for a forum holds up far better than does your's.

Quite the contrary and you're making quite the assumption about myself and my motivations. I believe that police should be held to critically high standards of professional conduct. I simply don't think that they should be brainwashed automatons, incapable of having thoughts of their own. Their private lives, and thoughts, remain their own.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Nice try Vlad.

Just because I believe that we shouldn't accept criminals into our country doesn't mean I want to deny them basic human rights. I said the SAME rights as a Canadian citizen, NOT any rights whatsoever. But you will probably try and spin my words again to suit yourself.

Either way it doesn't change the fact that you were a troll and were treated as such.
    Who said anything about accepting criminals in our country? We are talking about people that were arrested IN this country and accused of comiting a crime IN this country. They are innocent until proven guilty and have the right to a due process like everyone else. You obviously do not understand that without those basic rights the whole structure of freedom we all enjoy would crumble. Unlike that of some LEO, your ignorance is mostly harmless because no one who can think logically would take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Quite the contrary and you're making quite the assumption about myself and my motivations. I believe that police should be held to critically high standards of professional conduct. I simply don't think that they should be brainwashed automatons, incapable of having thoughts of their own. Their private lives, and thoughts, remain their own.
    I never said they should be brainwashed or automatons either - they should just do the job they are paid for professionally and with respect to others. As for their private lives and thoughts, they are the only ones that can and should keep them private instead of airing them as dirty laundry in a public forum.

I apologize if my statements based on what you wrote here look like unfounded assumptions about you or your motivations. That wasn't my intention and I did whatever possible not to make it sound so. I have no desire to launch any personal attack on people I do not know. I just respond to your verbal actions here as I do to anyone else's. You are no special case - I'm an equal opportunity offender .

How am I to know they are not? Better yet, how is anyone reading those forums to know? Only if OPP/TP/RCMP publicly denounces them as renegades/imposters/impersonators .
    You proved it. You joined and posted. You're not a police officer.