Banned rom Blue Line Forums

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned rom Blue Line Forums

Banned rom Blue Line Forums

I got banned from "The Voice of Law Enforcement on the Internet". It looks like their own voice is all they want to hear. I don't need support, but I'd be very interested to hear level-headed opinions of members of this board (no cop hating rants please). I'm afraid my previously high regard of LEO is definitely down the drain after this "discussion":

http://forums.blueline.ca/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14208

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: troll
    Last edited by Vlad; 01-05-2008 at 01:23 PM.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Re: Banned rom Blue Line Forums

You trolled the board and got booted. Did you expect them to give you respect when you went in there with the purpose of insulting them?

Jumping into any discussion and immediately scolding someone is not likely to win you much support, especially in "The Rant" section of a LEO board. I don't imagine a cop posting in "Trash Talk" here would have received much love, either.

There is a clear "us and them" mentality among us and them. Some of those guys have thousands of posts talking about dirt like us. That's there playground.. Blueline forums

Police should be allowed to rant too.

We don't necessarily believe the stuff that we say either.

My experience most police try to do a good job under very tough conditions.
    * It's about safety, stupid.

thats ******** if you got banned for that...
    RR

Thumbs down Re: Banned rom Blue Line Forums

Yup .. the coppers dont tolerate any other viewpoints for long on that site.

It is interesting reading though

Quote Originally Posted by Flywheel View Post
    Jumping into any discussion and immediately scolding someone is not likely to win you much support, especially in "The Rant" section of a LEO board. I don't imagine a cop posting in "Trash Talk" here would have received much love, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Z1K View Post
    You trolled the board and got booted. Did you expect them to give you respect when you went in there with the purpose of insulting them?

I didn't go in there with the purpose to insult anyone and I didn't attack anyone. I just felt repulsed by the views of people that are paid by my tax money to protect and enforce the laws of this country. They profess total disregard to the basic rights of people they are supposed to protect. I couldn't resist but to respond, so I told them what I think of their disregard for the law. Now I wish I never saw that board to begin with, it makes me sick in my stomach.

What is "trolling"? Is it a misdemeanor or a criminal offense? Which court decides how it should be punished and by what law?

If they didn't want to respond to my questions they could have just ignored me - I'm not the type who likes to talk to himself. By banning me they just proved incapable of civilized discussion, the conclusion I quickly got to after reading just a few of their responses.

I will not hold the views of these misguided individuals against the entire LEO community and will continue to treat them all with respect they deserve. Except for insignificantly small number of bad apples I always received due respect from them in direct contact. I'll chalk off the verbal flirting with attacks on basic human freedoms of the few to "frustration venting".
    Last edited by Vlad; 01-05-2008 at 02:56 PM.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

Quote Originally Posted by Flywheel View Post
    Officers do come on this board and do rant and scold. But they don't get banned for having a differing view point. I guess the same courtesy isn't extended.

Quote Originally Posted by johnp View Post
    Police should be allowed to rant too.

We don't necessarily believe the stuff that we say either.

My experience most police try to do a good job under very tough conditions.
    No argument here on any of these points. When you rant you should be prepared for an un-rant, especially if it's based on facts. I know I am, Irant often and get corrected frequently .

As for my respect for the police, I always treat them with respect and do what they tell me to. So far I almost always got due respect back from them, but if they do not play by the rules courts are my only chance to protect my rights. That's why it pisses me off to no end when someone with power to decide my life or death in some situations has the balls to publicly trash the basic rights of Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Law Enforcement includes enforcing and protecting the Charter, not ranting against it as a member of the law enforcement community in a law enforcement community public forum. It's just so bad PR for the police that I hate to think what kind of damage it can do to their image if it reaches the mainstream media. I sincerely hope it never will and this kind of incident will never happen again, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Last edited by Vlad; 01-05-2008 at 03:13 PM.

Draiter

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    No argument here on any of these points. When you rant you should be prepared for an un-rant, especially if it's based on facts. I know I am, Irant often and get corrected frequently .

As for my respect for the police, I always treat them with respect and do what they tell me to. So far I almost always got due respect back from them, but if they do not play by the rules courts are my only chance to protect my rights. That's why it pisses me off to no end when someone with power to decide my life or death in some situations has the balls to publicly trash the basic rights of Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
    You got exactly what you deserved.... you obviously cop hated.... What you did, going in there to express your opinion, would be like a Jewish person trying to scold Hitler.
    You feel that you are allowed to express your opinions but no one else is?
    Grow up a bit... you got your butt handed to you, you ran like a scolded dog with his tail between his legs, and now you are whinning....
    You went to their turf, and you need to play by their rules... plain and simple.

I guess the main point is whether or not they should have banned you, which point I think I missed (in my rant).

There's probably no forum etiquette guides.

I guess they really shouldn't have banned you since you were not at all abusive and presumably they do allow non-police on their forums, right? You simply pointed out that the officer was ranting. I suspect he knew he was and didn't want to be told that.

To be quite honest about it, it's no different that the sort of reaction of seen on this forum more than once.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    To be quite honest about it, it's no different that the sort of reaction of seen on this forum more than once.
    With all due respect, you are comparing apples and oranges. Even if that's the verifiable truth I don't think it's any excuse. Their forum is supposed to be populated by mature (of age) certified professionals trained and paid to serve and protect other citizens and the laws of this country. Not a practically random sample of general population as we have here. You cannot compare a rant from a police officer with a rant from a 16 year old who still lives with his momma and hasn't finished high school (or anyone else who acts like one).

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    With all due respect, you are comparing apples and oranges. Even if that's the verifiable truth I don't think it's any excuse. Their forum is supposed to be populated by mature (of age) certified professionals trained and paid to serve and protect other citizens and the laws of this country. Not a practically random sample of general population as we have here. You cannot compare a rant from a police officer with a rant from a 16 year old who still lives with his momma and hasn't finished high school (or anyone else who acts like one).
    If so, then why were you there?

Internet bravado knows nothing of age or position.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Draiter View Post
    You got exactly what you deserved.... you obviously cop hated.... What you did, going in there to express your opinion, would be like a Jewish person trying to scold Hitler.
    You feel that you are allowed to express your opinions but no one else is?
    Grow up a bit... you got your butt handed to you, you ran like a scolded dog with his tail between his legs, and now you are whinning....
    You went to their turf, and you need to play by their rules... plain and simple.
    So if someone on this forum doesn't like motorcyclists they should be banned from this forum? And what are their rules? don't criticize cops? hmm if only the rest of the world was as close minded and bigoted as blueline right? Have you actually read most of the crap on there? I guess the lesson cops have taught us is having a different opinion is bad. why practice tollerance... be a cop.

"There forum is supposed to be populated by mature (of age) certified professionals trained and paid to serve and protect other citizens and the laws of this country" HaHa in theory, practice and theory are the same but in practice they are not. Police are human too. If someone on this forum doesn't like motorcycles or motorcyclists and repeatidly drives that point home, he would be ostricized, no? The Blue forum did it sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by inreb; 01-05-2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: none

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    Officers do come on this board and do rant and scold. But they don't get banned for having a differing view point. I guess the same courtesy isn't extended.
    Just to add to that .. they are more cops on this forum than most on here are aware.
    Majority dont post anything at all, and just come to read the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    If so, then why were you there?

Internet bravado knows nothing of age or position.
    I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by this. I already explained why I was there, even though I don't see how that's relevant. I was just curious to read the posts there and would probably never even register if it wasn't for that "screw the Charter and Trudeau" (I'm paraphrasing) remark.

You completely lost me on the meaning of the second sentence. Anyone can rant, but consequences for those in position of power should be different. How many times do I have to say that there is no excuse for openly disrespecting the law you are sworn and paid to protect? Conflict of interest, bigotry, hypocrisy anyone?

I do think people police should be allowed to rant.

If an officer is out there risking his life to support the constitution every working day he's allowed to rant about how much he hates it.

It doesn't mean he actually does hate it!

However, should you have been banned?.......