Anyone to court on 203 yet? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone to court on 203 yet?

Re: Anyone to court on 203 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by busa_fanatic_gsxr View Post
    thats ******** ... IMPROPER RIDE HEIGHT??? what kind of F***KING CHARGE IS THAT???

"tire profile too low" thats B.S too.. those charges should NOT exist...
    ive seen a documentary how undercover cops come to these car meetups and how they bust them.. the showed how officers run up to a car mesure the height its from the ground, and bye bye charlie.. car impounded

but about that tire thing.. never heard
    if speed doesnt scare you, the truck around the corner will.

2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Current
    2004 Suzuki GSXR 1000 - Stolen
    2000 Suzuki GSXR 750 - Sold
    1995 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by FearNoSpeed View Post
    Could we PLEASE keep this about ACTUAL court outcomes instead of debates like I asked when I started this thread PLEASE !

Thank you.

I want to know how the courts & cops are dealing with this issue.
    Once again, not about 50 over charges per say.
    All we have to discuss right now are speculations, with a few cases that have been delayed to add into the mix. No need to get up in arms over an issue that isn't.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Hi RPM View Post
    ive seen a documentary how undercover cops come to these car meetups and how they bust them.. the showed how officers run up to a car mesure the height its from the ground, and bye bye charlie.. car impounded

but about that tire thing.. never heard
    HTA 69. (1) All self-propelled vehicles other than traction engines, and all trailers having a gross weight in excess of 1,820 kilograms, shall be equipped with rubber tires or tires of some composition equally resilient, and a vehicle shall not be operated on any highway with a tire that is broken or defective in such a manner as to cause additional impact or pounding on or cutting of the highway, and in the case of motor vehicles and trailers equipped with solid rubber tires there shall be at least 31.5 millimetres of rubber between the wheel rim and the roadway. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 69 (1).

... additional ...

Highway Traffic Act - R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 611
    7. (1) In this section,
    "construction type" means a type of tire carcass such as bias ply, belted-bias and radial ply and does not include variations in tread pattern or in cord material such as rayon, polyester and nylon used in building a tire carcass.
    (2) All tires installed on axles shall be inspected for depth of tread or sipes, tread and sidewall defects, proper size application, regrooving and combination of construction types and,
    (a) except for front tires on a vehicle in excess of 4,500 kilograms gross vehicle weight rating, no tire shall be worn sufficiently,
    (i) for the tread wear indicators to contact the road, or
    (ii) that less than 1.5 millimetres of tread depth remains,
    in any two adjacent major grooves at three equally spaced intervals around the circumference of the tire, and,
    (iii) despite subclause (ii), except for dual tires on an urban transit bus, no motor vehicle shall be equipped with tires that show indication of siping only, and in the case of an urban transit bus, the siping shall not be less than 1.5 millimetres in depth;
    (b) in the case of front tires on a vehicle in excess of 4,500 kilograms gross vehicle weight rating, no tire shall be worn sufficiently that less than 3 millimetres of tread depth remains in any two adjacent major grooves at three equally spaced intervals around the circumference of the tire, nor shall any front tire show evidence of siping only;
    (c) no tire shall have exposed cord;
    (d) no tire shall have tread or sidewall cuts or snags deep enough to expose the cords;
    (e) no tire shall have any abnormal visible bump, bulge or knot;
    (f) no tire shall have been regrooved or recut below the original new tire groove depth, other than tires specially designed for such recutting and marked as being tires so designed;
    (g) except in the case of a trolley bus, no front tire on a bus shall have been altered by the addition of material to produce a new tread surface;
    (h) no tire shall be of a smaller size than the vehicle manufacturer's specified minimum size or be sufficiently oversized as to contact any vehicle component which may affect the safe operation of the vehicle;
    (i) except for a vehicle fitted with dual rear tires, no mixture of construction types consisting of radial ply on the front and bias ply or belted-bias tires on the rear shall be fitted;
    (j) no mixture consisting of sixty or fifty series tires on the front and other series tires on the rear shall be fitted;
    (k) no combination of construction types or sizes, except where stated to be equivalent by tire industry standards, shall be fitted on an axle;
    (l) tires in a dual tire set shall not be in contact with each other or differ from each other in overall diameter by more than 13 millimetres or in circumference by more than 38 millimetres; and
    (m) no vehicle shall be fitted with a tire that,
    (i) bears the wording "not for highway use", "farm use only", "competition circuit use only" or any other wording or lettering indicating that the tire was not designed for highway use, or
    (ii) bears the letters "SL", "NHS" or "TG" after the tire designation.
    (3) All wheels installed on axles shall be inspected and tested for defects and damage and,
    (a) no wheel stud, bolt, clamp, nut or lug shall be loose, missing, damaged, broken, mismatched or have insufficient thread engagement;
    (b) no disc wheel assembly shall have any visible crack, elongated bolt hole, indication of repair by welding, or be so bent or damaged as to affect the safe operation of the vehicle;
    (c) no wheel rim or lock ring shall be mismatched, bent, sprung, or otherwise damaged so as to affect the safe operation of the vehicle;
    (d) no cast wheel shall show evidence of excessive wear in the clamp area; and
    (e) no wheel spoke shall be missing, loose or broken.
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 01-15-2008 at 07:44 AM.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

My case is wrapped up already actually. Story to follow just as soon as I can find the time to write the ridiculous tale in it's entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSS_guy View Post
    My case is wrapped up already actually. Story to follow just as soon as I can find the time to write the ridiculous tale in it's entirety.
    Take a day off man
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Please do, with as much detail as you can manage. It may help someone else down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Take a day off man
    Not a chance of that happening this month unfortunately... I'll try to write something up on Friday for you guys though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Please do, with as much detail as you can manage. It may help someone else down the road.
    Definitely, I'm discussing the case, officers notes, officers conduct, etc with my lawyer tomorrow to prepare my complaint.

Once I have his opinion on if/when & how much of my ridiculous ordeal to release to the public I'll let you guys know.

Once I have his opinion on if/when & how much of my ridiculous ordeal to release to the public I'll let you guys know.
    Good idea, but tell him we are waiting please
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Not a chance of that happening this month unfortunately... I'll try to write something up on Friday for you guys though.

Definitely, I'm discussing the case, officers notes, officers conduct, etc with my lawyer tomorrow to prepare my complaint.

Good idea on consulting the attorney first. You don't want to leave yourself open to a potential slander/libel suit. Say only what you can objectively prove.

my rule is if i bought it in a store and PAYED TAXES on it then it's legal.no exception..if the don't like it then pull it off the shelf.