Wanting To Stunt

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanting To Stunt

Wanting To Stunt

Hey everyone. I am fairly new to the sportbike scene (used to do motocross) and the one thing that I have always wanted to get into is stunting. I could do a few small things on my YZ but nothing too spectacular.

All my friends are big into the racing thing but I have always wanted to stunt. Plus, there don't seem to be all that many girls that do it around here so I want to break the ice a bit. I don't know a whole lot about doing it but I have a lot of resources to start getting things together for when the snow melts.

I would really appreciate some advice about getting started and such. I hear a good bike is an F4i. Anythings I should be aware?

Another reason I really want to get started is because I want to do some film work for the riders specifically in Canada. I figured I should be able to do what I show. Makes sense right?

Thanks so much for your input. If anyone is willing to take me on and show me a few things that would be sweet too. Thanks!

Re: Wanting To Stunt

With the kindest regards and best wishes...you don't seem to have the killer instinct...I'd love to be proven wrong.

Step 1: Buy a bike and set it up, crash cage, 12 bar, etc etc....F4i would be the best bang for your buck, unless you can afford to buy and trash something nicer/more eexpesive...

Step 2: Find spots and people to ride with, being a girl it should be easier for you to get invited to spots...LOL It will be easier to learn if you have people to watch ask advice and feed off of their riding...

Step 3: Crash get up maintain/repair the bike and keep going, dont let it keep you down...Its going to happen alot in the beginning, so be prepared to take some lumps...Both psysically and finacially

GSXR-SexHundred

It's really nice that you want to do this but.

1. A girl with broken bones, and occasional road rash is not attractive to any man, on the other hand men are.

2. If you are a female, you will really need to build your self physically, bike stunting, just like break dancing, martial arts, and the sort, requires some sort of acrobatic fitness.

3. You must master the finess of your throttle and clutch, thats all i can say, and the use of the rear break, if you plan not to fall everyday.

4. Stunting cost $$$, with the though your bike can be trashed in a second.

other than that, stunting is not huge in Canada like it is in states and from the insurance perspective, i think Canada wants to go back to the stone age one day with all these pathetic laws.

other than that, if you still want to do it, then do it, and best of luck.

Since me being a girl seems to be something preventing most of you from thinking I can do this. Let me just say - I am not the average girl.

I have spent the last 3 years of my life working full time in the army. My physical strength isn't in question here. Last time I checked I completed our Battle Fitness Test and I run on average 5km with a gas mark on at a pretty intense pace. I think I can keep up there.

Financially - me living in Petawawa means I pay pretty much nothing for rent, insurance or anything for that matter so I got money to burn.

As for not having killer instinct......last time I checked my job meant you kind of need that. Just a bit you know. I don't think it gets any more clear than that.

Now - for my appearance. See I have torn both ACLs, Rotator Cuff, Broken back, foot, nose , many many fingers, femur oh and hip dysplasia. Come on ..... I am not too worried about a few cuts and broken bones to add to my list. I am not some little girl who needs to be looked after much.

I can assure you all I am not wasting you time here. I am taking this seriously. I want to be able to do this. I don't want to be able to stunt to show those who don't think I can that I can. I got what it takes. I am sure I do. Please don't question my compatibility to your sport again.

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Since me being a girl seems to be something preventing most of you from thinking I can do this. Let me just say - I am not the average girl.

I have spent the last 3 years of my life working full time in the army. My physical strength isn't in question here. Last time I checked I completed our Battle Fitness Test and I run on average 5km with a gas mark on at a pretty intense pace. I think I can keep up there.

Financially - me living in Petawawa means I pay pretty much nothing for rent, insurance or anything for that matter so I got money to burn.

As for not having killer instinct......last time I checked my job meant you kind of need that. Just a bit you know. I don't think it gets any more clear than that.

Now - for my appearance. See I have torn both ACLs, Rotator Cuff, Broken back, foot, nose , many many fingers, femur oh and hip dysplasia. Come on ..... I am not too worried about a few cuts and broken bones to add to my list. I am not some little girl who needs to be looked after much.

I can assure you all I am not wasting you time here. I am taking this seriously. I want to be able to do this. I don't want to be able to stunt to show those who don't think I can that I can. I got what it takes. I am sure I do. Please don't question my compatibility to your sport again.
    Dont sweat it 90% of the people that will try telling you that you cant do it, dont stunt anyways...Sounds like you can kick my *** and I like to think Im not too bad at stunting, so just take the 3 steps and hopefully you keep intrest in it long enough to learn something...

Hahaha - Thanks. I appreciate it. I wont let myself be discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Dont sweat it 90% of the people that will try telling you that you cant do it, dont stunt anyways...Sounds like you can kick my *** and I like to think Im not too bad at stunting, so just take the 3 steps and hopefully you keep intrest in it long enough to learn something...

GSXR-SexHundred

You are assuming everyone's telling you not to, read the comments again, if you can bare will all what we said then yea, sure go ahead do it,

btw being in the army dosen't improve riding skill.

PS you can come to our spot in the sping and check out what the scene is like in the west end(mississauga/Brampton) if you like. Last year a few new people came out hard at the end of the season, and I was really impressed with their attitudes and how well they picked it up. This year I think its going to get even bigger in the GTA, and there will probably be alot of new riders commin out and giving it a shot....

You're right. But it improves physical condition which was in question at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by GSXR-SexHundred View Post
    You are assuming everyone's telling you not to, read the comments again, if you can bare will all what we said then yea, sure go ahead do it,

PS you can come to our spot in the sping and check out what the scene is like in the west end(mississauga/Brampton) if you like. Last year a few new people came out hard at the end of the season, and I was really impressed with their attitudes and how well they picked it up. This year I think its going to get even bigger in the GTA, and there will probably be alot of new riders commin out and giving it a shot....
    That would be great. Thank you!

Neither does sitting on the couch, at least shes keepign in shape....

There are fat people and 14 year old kids stunting F4is these days, you dont have to be a body builder to stunt...I always get the "How come hes so small but he can handle the bike like that" comments when people see me stunting..Im probably the smallest and most unathletic person stunting at our spot, and Im doing alright....Sounds like shes in better shape for this then most of us that have been doing it for 3 years now...

Stupid filter! Why would it filter KEEP-ING into keePolicen? LOL

Neither does sitting on the couch, at least shes keePolicen in shape....

There are fat people and 14 year old kids stunting F4is these days, you dont have to be a body builder to stunt...I always get the "How come hes so small but he can handle the bike like that" comments when people see me stunting..Im probably the smallest and most unathletic person stunting at our spot, and Im doing alright....Sounds like shes in better shape for this then most of us that have been doing it for 3 years now...
    Thanks .... go us 'not the usuall' people!

Thanks .... go us 'not the usuall' people!
    Oh BTW if you do come out, you wont be the only girl there. The member Weee from here and another girl I know, say they are going to start stunting big bikes too this year...Im sure Weee will have something to say about this when she sees it...

Oh BTW if you do come out, you wont be the only girl there. The member Weee from here and another girl I know, say they are going to start stunting big bikes too this year...Im sure Weee will have something to say about this when she sees it...
    Sounds sweet. I am for sure in. My friends were kind of ticked to know I was going to stunt rather than race. I live only 45 min from Calabogie so they figure I am wasting my time stunting rather then racing there. Oh well.

Sounds sweet. I am for sure in. My friends were kind of ticked to know I was going to stunt rather than race. I live only 45 min from Calabogie so they figure I am wasting my time stunting rather then racing there. Oh well.
    Tell them to race if thats what they like, do what you want to do for you not anyone else....

Racing has too many rules and restrictions for me personally, stunting is more like a free ride session. I woulndt even compare the 2, but alot of people do both....And I stunt everyday in the summer with my friends, sometimes all day into the night. I dont think you can get that much riding time in racing, even if you competed in every race possible...I dunno its just 2 totally differnt things.....Racing is more serious and and crap, we just go out and spend the whole day with friends no rules no winner/loser....Just fun

Tell them to race if thats what they like, do what you want to do for you not anyone else....

Racing has too many rules and restrictions for me personally, stunting is more like a free ride session. I woulndt even compare the 2, but alot of people do both....And I stunt everyday in the summer with my friends, sometimes all day into the night. I dont think you can get that much riding time in racing, even if you competed in every race possible...I dunno its just 2 totally differnt things.....Racing is more serious and and crap, we just go out and spend the whole day with friends no rules no winner/loser....Just fun
    I spent 16 years racing ski racing. I know what you mean. I wanted to be in the halfpipe and in the park while my team ran gates. Racing in just about every sport comes across like how you described to me. All rules and regs. Still fun nonetheless.

1. A girl with broken bones, and occasional road rash is not attractive to any man, on the other hand men are.

2. If you are a female, you will really need to build your self physically, bike stunting, just like break dancing, martial arts, and the sort, requires some sort of acrobatic fitness.

3. You must master the finess of your throttle and clutch, thats all i can say, and the use of the rear break, if you plan not to fall everyday.

other than that, stunting is not huge in Canada like it is in states and from the insurance perspective, i think Canada wants to go back to the stone age one day with all these pathetic laws.

1. You don't speak for all men.
    As long as she doesn't break her a**, jaw or hand then she is still attractive.

2. I know of one small female aready stunting better than most of the strong males on this site. (more like males with strong opinions and weak skills)

3. It is stunting that will help a rider to master finess of controls. This is not a prerequisite.

4. Stunting is cheaper than riding the street, the track, racing and posing too.
    Where My Rode Dawgs At!!

Reguardless of how big the sport is, if someone wants to stunt, they will do it.........

Do you speak for alll the million of men in the world.. in reguards to your comment about scars ?

The "chicks dig scars" line is definately over played by now... altho you still seem to be follwing it..
    Why shouold your opinion about someone/a female change if they have scars....from stunting or not ?

You've got strong opinions in your post.... but I have a feeling you dont even own a bike ? correct me if im wrong please....

Rear brake is key...............but using it everyday doesnt mean you're never going to fall. Every trick is differrent from the rest and no matter how good you are, its going to be difficult in the beginning of every new trick..

and by ending your post with " other than that...if you still want to do it, then the best of luck "

you've obviously got no hope...and for some funny reason thought your 1 post of no encouragment thought you could change her mind completely into stunting...