Am I with the right company?

Thread: Am I with the right company?

Am I with the right company?

Hi,
    ive been insured by statefarm so far, for my first canadian season. I have an M2, im 27, completely clean record, been driving since 1997, but only got my canadian motorcycle licence at the beginning of last season. I dont ride a sportbike anymore, which was my main reason for signing up with statefarm in the first place.

So my question is, given that Im not riding a sportbike, Im still paying $1700 for a 2007 kawasaki versys, and I can't help but feel that I could be getting a better rate.

Any opinions on this? Recommendations of any company I should check with are appreciated.

my rate is for full coverage with 1000 deductible.
    Last edited by rainman; 12-30-2007 at 10:02 PM.

Re: Am I with the right company?

It does sound a bit high but you havent been riding for long either. Try Riders Plus (Echelon) and Primmum

Re: Am I with the right company?

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Hi,
    ive been insured by statefarm so far, for my first canadian season. I have an M2, im 27, completely clean record, been driving since 1997, but only got my canadian motorcycle licence at the beginning of last season. I dont ride a sportbike anymore, which was my main reason for signing up with statefarm in the first place.

So my question is, given that Im not riding a sportbike, Im still paying $1700 for a 2007 kawasaki versys, and I can't help but feel that I could be getting a better rate.

Any opinions on this? Recommendations of any company I should check with are appreciated.

my rate is for full coverage with 1000 deductible.

My rate for $1M liability + $250 deductible All Perils would be $1537 for one year.
    Free Bike Insurance Quotes
    John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited
    Insuring Motorcycles since 1963
    Toronto - (905)479-2013
    Outside Toronto - Toll Free 1-866-383-3957