Maybe Fantino should take some of his peeps off the road - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maybe Fantino should take some of his peeps off the road

Re: Maybe Fantino should take some of his peeps off the road

How many times can you say "Police State?"

Quote Originally Posted by cycling View Post
    How many times can you say "Police State?"
    Apparently as many times as you like. It still doesn't make it true.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Jeff_89

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Apparently as many times as you like. It still doesn't make it true.
    all in due time

and the worst thing is that were all ****** of about it, but none of us are willing to man up and do something about it... not that we really can do much about it... where would we even start?
    RR

Quote Originally Posted by Marko G View Post
    and the worst thing is that were all ****** of about it, but none of us are willing to man up and do something about it... not that we really can do much about it... where would we even start?
    Some of us have already started, in the only real way possible; letters to editors, MPPs, Provincial government officials.....

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Some of us have already started, in the only real way possible; letters to editors, MPPs, Provincial government officials.....
    i know that you are doing youre best, but i dont see that doing anything... unfortunately the only real way to get through would probably be a revolution, which i know sounds extremely stupid, but this isnt just about the police force, its the government too, who are making nice revenue from all of this happening... Ernesto Guavara had the right idea, but the end result isnt that spectacular... depressing really that we live in a "democracy" but we cant do anything about our government, we just sit there and take it... V for Vendetta anyone lol...
    RR

Quote Originally Posted by Marko G View Post
    i know that you are doing youre best, but i dont see that doing anything... unfortunately the only real way to get through would probably be a revolution, which i know sounds extremely stupid, but this isnt just about the police force, its the government too, who are making nice revenue from all of this happening... Ernesto Guavara had the right idea, but the end result isnt that spectacular... depressing really that we live in a "democracy" but we cant do anything about our government, we just sit there and take it... V for Vendetta anyone lol...
    If you talk about it enough, it will eventually work it's way in to the public consciousness whether it's true or not. For example, take a look at this Ernesto "Che" Guevara that you mention. He was a murdering bastard, but today many people elevate him to virtual sainthood.

Right now all they are hearing is the "evil racers" line. Give them all of the information and let them see for themselves what is right, and what is wrong.

Right now all they are hearing is the "evil racers" line. Give them all of the information and let them see for themselves what is right, and what is wrong.

yes....keep writing....and keep talking.....just over the xmas holdays alone I enlightened a handful of my friends that I don't see often......they had no idea Manchester was drunk.....they had no idea street racing was responsible for 0.12% of deaths.......they had no idea people are getting zinged in transition zones (aka doing 110k....NOT 150k).....they never even heard of the ERASE program....they got very angry too

I'm sure everyone wouldn't mind the roads being a little safer.....but getting blatantly lied too for nothing other than a camoflaged cash grab is just farkin wrong

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post
    yes....keep writing....and keep talking.....just over the xmas holdays alone I enlightened a handful of my friends that I don't see often......they had no idea Manchester was drunk.....they had no idea street racing was responsible for 0.12% of deaths.......they had no idea people are getting zinged in transition zones (aka doing 110k....NOT 150k).....they never even heard of the ERASE program....they got very angry too

I'm sure everyone wouldn't mind the roads being a little safer.....but getting blatantly lied too for nothing other than a camoflaged cash grab is just farkin wrong
    I wonder if they're sitting at the bottom of the hill where Winston Churchill enters Terra Cotta, to catch people in the transition zone or who slide their wheels on the ice

you have to remember though, that they have changed the definition of 'racing' to suit their agenda. I suspect that suddenly more than 50% of traffic deaths could be said to involve 'racing' or 'stunting'

Are you also aware of the nation-wide programme to improve traffic safety, that could easily be regarded as an inter Provincial contest?

*EDIT* Here's a link for you. If you can find it here, have a look at the PDF file that shows our relative safety record when compared to other nations.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/vision/menu.htm
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 01-02-2008 at 09:09 AM.

So Fat Fantino was yappin on the news about charging people with careless driving for single car accidents. Even i don't accept that BS, even the best most careful driver on the planet could hit a slippery spot and lose control.

According to him, if you lose control and leave the road, you are a bad driver and should be removed from the roadway.
    Let's start right here shall we>

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_18189.aspx

Can you say Hippo-Cryt

Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    No f'in s*** hey...

Maybe we need to send this to him.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Don't be silly, by tomorrow they will have a story to justify his driving.
    Such as>
    "The officer was responding to an emergency, several disabled orphans were freezing to death when their wheelchairs got stuck"

So Fat Fantino was yappin on the news about charging people with careless driving for single car accidents. Even i don't accept that BS, even the best most careful driver on the planet could hit a slippery spot and lose control.

According to him, if you lose control and leave the road, you are a bad driver and should be removed from the roadway.
    Let's start right here shall we>

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_18189.aspx

Can you say Hippo-Cryt
    Well that was TPS and Fantino is OPP

Well that was TPS and Fantino is OPP
    There is something about tarring and brushes... the actual wording escapes me now
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    There is something about tarring and brushes... the actual wording escapes me now
    Sounds familiar.... Something that some broad told me years back

now isn't that just pefect timing

hmmmm....if we use Fantino's logic......

the 1 officer that crashed out of how many cruisers on the road in the city????......and compare that too the number of civilian crashes verus the number of civilian cars on the road?

damn......we might just be able to twist the numbers and discover that we have an epidemic of careless cop drivers on our roads.......call the media....we need to have a press conference....enough is enough

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post
    now isn't that just pefect timing

hmmmm....if we use Fantino's logic......

the 1 officer that crashed out of how many cruisers on the road in the city????......and compare that too the number of civilian crashes verus the number of civilian cars on the road?

damn......we might just be able to twist the numbers and discover that we have an epidemic of careless cop drivers on our roads.......call the media....we need to have a press conference....enough is enough
    Fantino doesn't care about numbers per 10K vehicles, like most of the reputable statistics keepers do. He just cares about the "OMG! Look how many and THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!" factor.