5 over rant!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 over rant!

5 over rant!

Friend of mine is going west on Burnhamthorpe in Etobicoke, and right around Mill rd he gets stopped by a radar trap. Cop comes to the window and says "Sir do you know how fast you were going!" My buddy says "I dunno 60 tops"....Cop replys "NO! you were doing 55!"

Can you ****in believe he actually wrote him up for 55 in a 50!

Re: 5 over rant!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Friend of mine is going west on Burnhamthorpe in Etobicoke, and right around Mill rd he gets stopped by a radar trap. Cop comes to the window and says "Sir do you know how fast you were going!" My buddy says "I dunno 60 tops"....Cop replys "NO! you were doing 55!"

Must have not bent over and kissed *** as much as they expect.... pathetic.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Seen it before. Some "citizen" phones in and complains that there are cars flying past his house at all hours of the day, then the city gets up in arms, asking police to nail everyone.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

This is one to fight. Love to see the JP's and Crown's face using up court time for 5 over....... .priceless

Quote Originally Posted by spankayf View Post
    This is one to fight. Love to see the JP's and Crown's face using up court time for 5 over....... .priceless
    They can also turn it around on you... what are you doing wasting the courts time for such a minor violation.... so you better have an answer ready...

Trust me... been there done that

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    They can also turn it around on you... what are you doing wasting the courts time for such a minor violation.... so you better have an answer ready...

Trust me... been there done that
    They can try and turn it around all that they want to, but the fact of the matter is you have a right to dispute a charge that is brought against you. They have to prove it, not the other way around, no matter how it seems to be spun these days.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Exactly what are they going to do? I'd file an 11b motion as well so they have to argue that before the trial and then have a 10 page list of cross examination questions ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    They can try and turn it around all that they want to, but the fact of the matter is you have a right to dispute a charge that is brought against you. They have to prove it, not the other way around, no matter how it seems to be spun these days.
    I am not saying don't fight it... I am simply saying be ready for that question... thats it.

I have first hand experience with this

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    I am not saying don't fight it... I am simply saying be ready for that question... thats it.

I have first hand experience with this
    My answer "a minor ticket is still a ticket in the eyes of my insurance company so I have every right to be hear to contest this"

Quote Originally Posted by spankayf View Post
    My answer "a minor ticket is still a ticket in the eyes of my insurance company so I have every right to be hear to contest this"
    Good answer, then they come back... how is that our problem?

I think I got a dick that day anyway... lol.

5 over!

That cop must have been having a bad day! I didn't think that they would bother with 5 over. speedometer error could be argued easily enough for a differance of 5 km, could it not?
    http://www.maximumcycle.ca
    ^^^^my first website!^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by fightingbouncer View Post
    5 over!

That cop must have been having a bad day! I didn't think that they would bother with 5 over. speedometer error could be argued easily enough for a differance of 5 km, could it not?
    Some insight for you....

http://forums.blueline.ca/search.php...&submit=Search

Wow .. what a waste of resources.

And i thought i had it bad when i got pulled over a few years ago for doing 90 in an 80 ..

attitude test ,, UG.
    jerks...
    Knowledge Without Mileage is Useless

*worry about your own spelling not mine.

Guess they decided to institute a zero tolerance or 'no discretion' policy (does that sound familiar) and not announce it. How do you fight it? Technically you broke the law but this ticket is a waste of everyone's time. What a joke!!

And remember there was a 'victim' in your crime as evidenced in that extra 'victim surcharge' fee tacked on.

Good luck ....
    Last edited by zeekat; 12-19-2007 at 12:35 PM.

Have him fight it..... I got a simple 10km/h over. Which was a $40 fine, and no points. I looked at is as ....Pffffft....and just payed the fine. Turns out they bumped my bike insurance by $500 for the year

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
    Have him fight it..... I got a simple 10km/h over. Which was a $40 fine, and no points. I looked at is as ....Pffffft....and just payed the fine. Turns out they bumped my bike insurance by $500 for the year
    Thats just the first year as well figure that out over 3 years. You never know if its going to push you into the next premium threshold and when you try and switch companys its unlikely you'll get the best rate.

Quote Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
    And remember there was a 'victim' in your crime as evidenced in that extra 'victim surcharge' fee tacked on.
    I would like to be able to see that bloody money trail... what a pile of BS.

hahahahaha this sounds like that scene from Super Troopers:
    "do you know how fast you were going?", -"65", -"No, 63", -"Sir, the speed limit is 65".
    I hate that intersection; that's where I got my 1st ticket. For me nothing good has come from cops since that day. Burnhamthorpe West becomes a 60km/h zone right after mill road, so if the cop stopped him after Mill Rd. he should win in court.

How old is your friend, and what kind of car was he driving? I'd say age and vehicle are important for cops to come up with some BS ticket like this. Again, cops showing what they are out there for: cash-grab.
    I remember when I took driving school, the instructor told me it's ok to do up to 5km/h over the limit. But then again, in court I also remember a judge saying even if it's 1 Km/h over it's speeding.
    So who should we trust, the people who teach us, or the people who punish us?

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi86 View Post
    hahahahaha this sounds like that scene from Super Troopers:
    "do you know how fast you were going?", -"65", -"No, 63", -"Sir, the speed limit is 65".
    I hate that intersection; that's where I got my 1st ticket. For me nothing good has come from cops since that day. Burnhamthorpe West becomes a 60km/h zone right after mill road, so if the cop stopped him after Mill Rd. he should win in court.

How old is your friend, and what kind of car was he driving? I'd say age and vehicle are important for cops to come up with some BS ticket like this. Again, cops showing what they are out there for: cash-grab.
    I remember when I took driving school, the instructor told me it's ok to do up to 5km/h over the limit. But then again, in court I also remember a judge saying even if it's 1 Km/h over it's speeding.
    So who should we trust, the people who teach us, or the people who punish us?
    My buddy is 25 and he was driving his mothers older Toyota corolla, and he wasnt giving any attitude either. He couldnt! he was in too much shock to say anything really, when the cop said "No you were dion 55" he just looked at him with a puzzled look. He honestly had to ask himself "is this cop for real, or is he pulling my leg?"

He goes that way all the time and we all know theres often radar there, thats why he was putting alot at 55....I think the ticket was $27