are you kidding me? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: are you kidding me?

Re: are you kidding me?

yea you should go with statfarm, i have a yamaha xj 550, and i got quoted $1100/ year

male/20/1 ticket (it was for going thru a do no enter sign)/ G1 since I was 18/ G2 when i was 19/ insured with a toyota tercel since i was 18

Quote Originally Posted by angelcorpse View Post
    I asked my broker to get me a few quotes the other day and they are bleeping ridiculous.
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F, 25 years old, female, got M2 2 months ago, full G for 6 yrs, took Humber course, no tickets. for full coverage Kingsway wants $12,000 and Jevco wants $14,000.
    Is it just me or is something wrong? The bike doesn't even cost that much. Do you have any ideas as to why it would be so much? My broker told me cause I'm a new driver. that doesn't make sense to me since my bf got insurance for a 2004 CBR600RR in 2004 after he got his M2 for $2000-$3000.
    I really want to get a bike at the show in January. I don't know what company would be good with my details, any suggestions?
    Told you all Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off bunch @#$%^&* of thieves.

Moderator Moderator TheGradyTrain's Avatar

I asked my broker to get me a few quotes the other day and they are bleeping ridiculous.
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F, 25 years old, female, got M2 2 months ago, full G for 6 yrs, took Humber course, no tickets. for full coverage Kingsway...
    Kingsway, is all you needed to say. Someday, I might just get around to writing up my Kingsway horror story.

As already previously mentioned, State Farm, has been know to give some pretty decent rates out for similar bikes and riders.

Good luck with the bike purchase and the insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiN View Post
    Statefarm all the way.

Just turned 25 last week and they called me up with a new low quote, got my insurance split right in half.

I'm riding a 04 Kawi 636, which is within the same 'cc class' as the bike you are looking at according to statefarm. (600-749cc range)

So thats male/ m2/ 25/ 1 ticket/ Aurora @ $908 a year, it was $1,845 a year before I turned 25.
    damn that sounds nice happy bday to you from statefarm haha

Call Leane Besky at Statefarm 416-690-7900. Probably end up at around $150 a month for the displacement.

Don't bother with the broker. I had a similar experience, but at 28 I'd been riding for two years and then parked the bike for two years. when I went for insurance for my older 750 gixxer the quotes were laughable. It's pretty ridiculous.
    Leave him alone Lock!
    Dyna Coils/wires, 750 ECU, Dyna Rev Limiter, Orient Express Drag 2nd Gear replacement, Rebuilt Tranny, Mikuni RS 36 Flatslides, BMC Pod Filters, GSXR 1000 '01 Titanium Header and Exhaust, Oil cooler base Mod,Busa Rear Shock, Braided SS Brake Lines &Clutch Line, Busa Clutch Master, Busa Clutch Slave, FP Clutch Detent Spring, Ape Manual CCT, GSXR K1 Fork Caps/Adjusters, Race Tech Springs,

Quote Originally Posted by ZiN View Post
    So thats male/ m2/ 25/ 1 ticket/ Aurora @ $908 a year, it was $1,845 a year before I turned 25.

What kind of coverage is that? lib only? collision? fire/theft? whole enchlada?
    Chris
    Stoney Creek
    2008 KLR650+

gdcgates

try primum. they specialize in motorcycles and do not just look at displacement like those other poser companies. primum was the difference between 5 digits and 4 for me. highly recommend. good luck!

Which state farm agent should i call Im 19 g1 since i was 16, g2 at 17, G at 18, i currently hold my M2 and am looking to insure a 88 600 katana, Statefarm told me i couldnt insure with them unless i had 5 years driving under my belt, but i see some people have insurance with them after only a few years?

angelcorpse

Thumbs up Re: are you kidding me?

thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it. I went to the motorcycle show the other weekend and I bought the 2008 Suzuki GSX650F, black. I just turned 25 yesterday so now I will call up the insurance companies for quotes.
    I have another question. I get my insurance through a broker and it doesn't expire until Sept. but if I go with State Farm they want my car too. will there be any problems telling my broker to cancel the insurance and not deal with her, like a penalty? thanks!

thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it. I went to the motorcycle show the other weekend and I bought the 2008 Suzuki GSX650F, black. I just turned 25 yesterday so now I will call up the insurance companies for quotes.
    I have another question. I get my insurance through a broker and it doesn't expire until Sept. but if I go with State Farm they want my car too. will there be any problems telling my broker to cancel the insurance and not deal with her, like a penalty? thanks!
    If you cancel your auto policy mid term, there will likely be a "short rate cancellation" (in other words a penalty). It typically works out to be approximately one month's worth of money. You shouldn't have to move your auto policy however, that's called coercive tied selling. It's illegal (not to mention unethical) to force someone to buy something they don't want in order for them to purchase something they do want. If you google coercive tied selling you'll find plenty of articles surrounding the issue.
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    What kind of coverage is that? lib only? collision? fire/theft? whole enchlada?
    Sorry Tat2, didn't see this and didn't get a notification in my inbox.

That recent quote is for theft/fire/lib only. Damn happy to have that much coverage for that price.

angelcorpse

Quote Originally Posted by Avi Singh View Post
    If you cancel your auto policy mid term, there will likely be a "short rate cancellation" (in other words a penalty). It typically works out to be approximately one month's worth of money. You shouldn't have to move your auto policy however, that's called coercive tied selling. It's illegal (not to mention unethical) to force someone to buy something they don't want in order for them to purchase something they do want. If you google coercive tied selling you'll find plenty of articles surrounding the issue.
    thanks for the heads up about the penalty. well state farm gave me a quote for the bike with my car and without my car. the best deal is if I bring my car and bike. if i do that then i save $700 a year. I'll have to find out what the penalty to cancel my car insurance is. i'm sure it will be well worth it to cancel and get the great deal with state farm.

+1 for state farm

Does anyone have a general price with my statistics? 25 Male (turning 26 in 3 months), G License for about 6 years time, M2 License for half a year with safety certification. 1 Speeding ticket two years ago. JInsurance on a SV650S I know i'm just too lazy to call around yet haha , and instead of Car & Bike at statefarm can i do House and Bike ?

Any suggestions? I need minimum coverage only for bike! Hobby on the weekends mostly for me.
    Last edited by Hedges; 01-21-2008 at 10:41 AM.

menglor

Quote Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
    Does anyone have a general price with my statistics? 25 Male (turning 26 in 3 months), G License for about 6 years time, M2 License for half a year with safety certification. 1 Speeding ticket two years ago. JInsurance on a SV650S I know i'm just too lazy to call around yet haha , and instead of Car & Bike at statefarm can i do House and Bike ?

Any suggestions? I need minimum coverage only for bike! Hobby on the weekends mostly for me.
    there is no magic formula unfortunately. hell the insurance company's cant get it right either.

I have heard Jevco, riders plus, state farm are all good.

for me, Statefarm bases their policy of everyone in the house, so since I am married and my wife has written off 2 cars. (even though she doesnt have a M or will ever get one) she is in the family household, she is a factor against my insurance. (and I should mention, I called 2 agents 5 months apart, and got 2 very different quotes)

You really need to call to get your numbers

Quote Originally Posted by menglor View Post
    there is no magic formula unfortunately. hell the insurance company's cant get it right either.

I have heard Jevco, riders plus, state farm are all good.

for me, Statefarm bases their policy of everyone in the house, so since I am married and my wife has written off 2 cars. (even though she doesnt have a M or will ever get one) she is in the family household, she is a factor against my insurance. (and I should mention, I called 2 agents 5 months apart, and got 2 very different quotes)

You really need to call to get your numbers
    Thanks man,

Yea I'm going to give them a call, I just bought a massive house and i went with cooperators for my house insurance which expires in a month or two, i might as well go shopping for bike & house together and get a good deal on both. I'm just living by myself currently and unmarried so i dont think that should be a problem. I'm hoping to get a quote of what people claim they are getting at like 30-50$ per month on there SV650. As for the car i cant budge on that, i put it all under business with the work vans and work trucks as with my parents other 3 cars so i cant take that out under another insurance for a steal of a deal insurance rate.
    Last edited by Hedges; 01-21-2008 at 11:35 AM.

Banned

riders plus is a broker, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Hedges View Post

Based on what you've posted here, Jevco would charge you $1,601/yr for Liability only. It would be less if you can prove having 12 months of continuous motorcycle insurance within the last 36 months.
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

menglor

2 things I neglected to mention.

- Not all insurance company's will do both home and vehicles.

- not all insurance company's will deal with people who dont have a M.

My home is currently with the cooperators, and I have been with them for 20 or so years. (car, home, rental home, ...) and when I talked to them, they didnt want to talk to me till I had my M for 3 years. and at that she said the rates would be too much (she was being honest)

so, I called PC Insurance (loblaws) the damn secretary was a dough head, stuck me on hold. kept asking me for my postal code and asking if I had PC Points , then putting me on hold (maybe about 5 times)

I was then told they dont do just motorcycle quotes , they would only do the whole package, which was fine, so I had to tell him, if the bike rate is too much, I wont bother. but he reminded me 5 times during the interview that they wouldnt do just the bike.

30 minutes into the call, he asked about my license, and I told him, I have a M2, and then said he couldnt give me a policy and then tried to get me for my home and car.

so, if you want to save time, tell them you want to do both home and bike, and that you have only a M2, if they still want to talk to you, then your good, will save 30-60 minutes of your life.

I am with Kingsway, my broker didnt want to touch my home and auto stuff, he says he only has room on his plate for bikes. to be honest, this guy got me the best rates compared to any other insurance company.

His whole business is bikes only. (but he is in ottawa)

Statefarm is the way to go!! I'm 25 years old, full G and M license, 1 minor ticket 2.5 yrs ago. I'm paying just under $100 per month for full coverage... and thats with bumping down detectable from $1000 to $500. Oh and I ride a zx6r.

Before Statefarm I called TD/Premium Insurance and they wanted $4000 just for liability only.