are you kidding me?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: are you kidding me?

angelcorpse

are you kidding me?

I asked my broker to get me a few quotes the other day and they are bleeping ridiculous.
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F, 25 years old, female, got M2 2 months ago, full G for 6 yrs, took Humber course, no tickets. for full coverage Kingsway wants $12,000 and Jevco wants $14,000.
    Is it just me or is something wrong? The bike doesn't even cost that much. Do you have any ideas as to why it would be so much? My broker told me cause I'm a new driver. that doesn't make sense to me since my bf got insurance for a 2004 CBR600RR in 2004 after he got his M2 for $2000-$3000.
    I really want to get a bike at the show in January. I don't know what company would be good with my details, any suggestions?

Re: are you kidding me?

yeah there is something wrong..

I've had good experiences with john duffy insurance and jerry kaspard. check the list on the site and I'm sure you will find something more realistic.

So is that the new katana? they changed from 600 to 650?

Try Mike Francis at State Farm. Those rates are crazy. State farm may cost you a little bit also because its a 650 and your under 25 but you can give them a call anyways.

Also check the sticky on the insurance forum for a bunch of motorcycle friendly insurance agents.

Banned

those rates aer their way of telling you theyre not interested in insuring you.

Quote Originally Posted by wassp223 View Post
    So is that the new katana? they changed from 600 to 650?
    It's essentially a Bandit 650 (frame, engine, running gear) with GS500F bodywork.

12 - $14,000 for insurance is completely out of line for that bike! Insurance should be about the same as the Bandit 650. Given the name of the new bike, are you sure you weren't quoted GSXR rates?

State farm is going to be your best bet. That's what I found at least. I did a lot of calling around before I got mine also...

Definitely something odd there. Keep hunting

Quote Originally Posted by angelcorpse View Post
    I asked my broker to get me a few quotes the other day and they are bleeping ridiculous.
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F, 25 years old, female, got M2 2 months ago, full G for 6 yrs, took Humber course, no tickets. for full coverage Kingsway wants $12,000 and Jevco wants $14,000.
    Is it just me or is something wrong? The bike doesn't even cost that much. Do you have any ideas as to why it would be so much? My broker told me cause I'm a new driver. that doesn't make sense to me since my bf got insurance for a 2004 CBR600RR in 2004 after he got his M2 for $2000-$3000.
    I really want to get a bike at the show in January. I don't know what company would be good with my details, any suggestions?

are you sure they don't think its a GSXR ? that would seem probable.
    Also, state farm won't be cheap cause its over 600 cc's

kingsway and jevco do not do super sports.

the $14,000 is there way of telling you to go away. they cant refuse to quote anybody.

you broker should be smarter than that, if you have a super sport... dont go to those companies.. they are stupid when it comes to insurance rates.

go to the people that are much better with rates... that specialize in super sport bikes.

you will find that the rates will come down.

To save you a lot of work I think you will find that TD Insurance is cheapest for new riders. Contact them at
    Home and Auto

1-800-338-0218

Do not try their online quote system, if by some freak chance it does actually give youa quote it will be way off. Call them for you best rate.

However, they were the cheapest by far for me for my first year, but next year State farm's rates are better since I have one year under my belt.

Hope this helps

You should call State Farm for a price quote, with no at-fault tickets or accident and if you are licensed with a G1 for a full 5 years; their rates are pretty good.

The primium next year for a brand new 2007 gsx600r would be $1875(if I insure my car with State Farm as well). I live in downtown toronto so the rates are considered good.

You also have a sport/touring bike which should be alot cheaper than what you have been quoted from those brokers.

You can try calling Kimberly @ State Farm (416)304-0196

Disclaimer* Quote for $1875 is if I insure with my car as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoGSX View Post
    You should call State Farm for a price quote, with no at-fault tickets or accident and if you are licensed with a G1 for a full 5 years; their rates are pretty good.

The primium next year for a brand new 2007 gsx600r would be $1875(if I insure my car with State Farm as well). I live in downtown toronto so the rates are considered good.

You also have a sport/touring bike which should be alot cheaper than what you have been quoted from those brokers.

You can try calling Kimberly @ State Farm (416)304-0196

Disclaimer* Quote for $1875 is if I insure with my car as well.
    I would call Kimberly and b-itch...My buddy got a 2007 GSXR this year and pays only $976 with State Farm with only having his M2. He lives in NewMarket. I know toronto has an insurance premium but an extra $900 seems steep.

Statefarm all the way.

Just turned 25 last week and they called me up with a new low quote, got my insurance split right in half.

I'm riding a 04 Kawi 636, which is within the same 'cc class' as the bike you are looking at according to statefarm. (600-749cc range)

So thats male/ m2/ 25/ 1 ticket/ Aurora @ $908 a year, it was $1,845 a year before I turned 25.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiN View Post
    Statefarm all the way.

Just turned 25 last week and they called me up with a new low quote, got my insurance split right in half.

I'm riding a 04 Kawi 636, which is within the same 'cc class' as the bike you are looking at according to statefarm. (600-749cc range)

So thats male/ m2/ 25/ 1 ticket/ Aurora @ $908 a year, it was $1,845 a year before I turned 25.
    hey Eric.. nice to hear your saving a nice chunk of change....
    do u have your car with them as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    hey Eric.. nice to hear your saving a nice chunk of change....
    do u have your car with them as well?
    Yeah, that got split in half too. Was a nice bday present I'll tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiN View Post
    Yeah, that got split in half too. Was a nice bday present I'll tell you that.

can't wait til october

I sounds like you got online quotes. If I were you I would call a few insurance companies for more accurate quotes.
    Or Email Duffy on their company website.

Gh0sT

Quote Originally Posted by angelcorpse View Post
    Ya. There's something wrong. And to understand what's happening, all you need to remembmer is this:

The Province and insurance companies are in bed together. One hand washes the other. The Province enables insurance companies through legislation, to financially rape you. Whether you allow them to, is entirely in your descretion. Me? I made up my mind from the beginning, I wasn't going to play their game. Sure. I'd love a GSXR 1000. But unlike my friends, I'm not going to morgage my home to ride one for 8 months a year (or at all, for that matter). Some people will, because for them, it's not about riding a bike. It's about "keeping up with the Jones'". I'm happy with my Katana 750, and my insurance is very affordable as a result. I'm 33 years old, riding for 5 years, with a spotless driving record. I'm sure as hell not about to let someone charge me 14 grand for a bike. Just on general principal.

WindsorRider

State Farm all the way.
    I have looked for better rates for years and these guys always take the best care of me.