Newbie looking for chat friends and possibly for ride buddies once I get bike.

Thread: Newbie looking for chat friends and possibly for ride buddies once I get bike.

Wink Newbie looking for chat friends and possibly for ride buddies once I get bike.

Hello GTAM members,

My name is Robert, and I am glad to announce that I have finally been bitten by thew two wheeled bug. And the best thing is that I told my wife that once I turn 40 that the next summer I would get my motorcycle licence done.
    Well Nov. 27th was my 40th B'day, and about 2 weeks later I won the Humber Motorcycle training course from Q107. So I will be looing forward to getting my M2 this spring. Any suggestions as to which month will be the best time for me to take the course and go for the M2 test?
    Regards, Robert

P.S. If anyone has a spare helmet and riding gloves they want to sell, well just PM me and I will reply ASAP. Thanks.

Re: Newbie looking for chat friends and possibly for ride buddies once I get bike.

Quote Originally Posted by vadasz1 View Post
    Hello GTAM members,

My name is Robert, and I am glad to announce that I have finally been bitten by thew two wheeled bug. And the best thing is that I told my wife that once I turn 40 that the next summer I would get my motorcycle licence done.
    Well Nov. 27th was my 40th B'day, and about 2 weeks later I won the Humber Motorcycle training course from Q107. So I will be looing forward to getting my M2 this spring. Any suggestions as to which month will be the best time for me to take the course and go for the M2 test?
    Regards, Robert

P.S. If anyone has a spare helmet and riding gloves they want to sell, well just PM me and I will reply ASAP. Thanks.

Congrats. Take your M1 60 days prior to your actual Riding Course because you must hold an M1 license for at least that minimum amount of time for you to get your M1 Exit License (M2). Best time to take the course would be earlier so you can maximize all the riding time in spring and summer....Good Luck!
    Silly civic. Wings are for airplanes.

Re: Newbie looking for chat friends and possibly for ride buddies once I get bike.

Thanks K1,
    The only problem I will have once I write the M1 test is that I don't think I will have axces to a bike until the course date. Any suggestions as how to get some seat time in before the course starts?

Thanks K1,
    The only problem I will have once I write the M1 test is that I don't think I will have axces to a bike until the course date. Any suggestions as how to get some seat time in before the course starts?
    Don't worry about that part because you learn everything during one weekend. From the basic operations to a motorcycle all the way through learning how to push steer and so on. They will teach you everything you need to know for the test...

PS: You'll get plenty of seat time during your weekend. Believe me when i say it!
    Silly civic. Wings are for airplanes.

Welcome to 2 wheels

Suggestion: Try to take your M1 course when it is not too hot outside. Trust me on this one...Unless you want to be drenched with sweat after each day I lucked out and scheduled mine when it was overcast. Still was exhausting pushing around bikes for the first part of the course but that is the stepping stone to learning how to ride.
    A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once.

'08 Yamaha WR250X (SuperRetard)
    '03 Suzuki SV1000S Current (Silver Surfer)

'07 Aprilia SXV 5.5 Teefed (Redstar)
    '04 Honda 1000RR Previous (Red1.2)
    '05 Yamaha R6 Previous (Red1)
    '89 Suzuki GS500E Previous (SuziQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Steinberg c/o bjturner View Post
    Tim, if you are reading all this, you should grow the **** up and not be such a ******. you give all us Canadians a bad name. ps, you are no longer welcome here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Steinberg c/o bjturner View Post

Ben Steinberg Deals Gap Resort Manager

Welcome aboard. If I were you, I'd take the M1 in late February and do the course around mid-april. That will maximize your riding season, without you freezing your butt off during the course.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Congrats! We'll go ride later in 2008 when I get my bike :P

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Congrats! We'll go ride later in 2008 when I get my bike :P

Haha, me to swift, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by wassp223 View Post
    Haha, me to swift, me too.
    Haha fa sho

It sure is nice to see that there are people willing to help newbies still. Guess none of you are unionized workers....LOL

Well I think I will take my M1 in around mid February then take the course & M2 test in the end of April.

Too bad we can't ride all year long in the GTA. I wonder how Miller would react if we could stud our tires for a winter ride...... >

Ya i'm sure we all long for "mexico like" winters (most of the time)

Welcome! March or April is good time for an M1.
    anyone can hurt a fighter not everyone will get a chance to excuse

Welcome to the board. Only one note here: u wouldn't buy used underwear, so don't buy a used helmet (even if its for ur passenger). Search the other threads on this. There are enuff cheap new helmets like HJC out there.
    Got Torque?

KBC is another option. Not too heavy, easy on the noise, decent ventillation and it has a Snell endorcement. As for the gloves, for that course you can use regular $10 el-cheapo leather gloves you can buy from Wal Mart. Your best bet for cheap rates would be Royal Distributing either in Guelph or Barrie. I got a pretty nice pair of kevlar-knuckled gloves for $30 down there.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]