"Squids", are not just in North America......

Thread: "Squids", are not just in North America......

Gh0sT

"Squids", are not just in North America......

Re: "Squids", are not just in North America......

I'm surprised that it didn't happen sooner in a country where they have public health care.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Was just there this past summer... not a helmet in sight!
    wonder how fast this'll catch on

Probably fairly quickly since the lids cost about $10. That means that they'd probably meet the minimum DOT standards
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

actually $10 over there to the average family is alot. the average monthly income of a person over there is $30-$40 per month.

I don't know about that... where do people get these stats!?
    But yes, that's not a particularly small amount to many of the scooter drivers there, considering most taxi's are scooters (in Hanoi at least). And man, the way they drive, I'm not surprised there are so many accidents! After some time on youtube, I ain't getting back on one of those taxis again!

I still cannot understand why in some (so called modern and educated) States, the wearing of helmets is not mandatory? And there are still people lobbying against it. Maybe if they whacked their bare noggin from three feet up at 10 km/hr onto cement, they may change their mind. If there is one left.
    We're not here for a long time, so make it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit boy View Post
    I still cannot understand why in some (so called modern and educated) States, the wearing of helmets is not mandatory? And there are still people lobbying against it. Maybe if they whacked their bare noggin from three feet up at 10 km/hr onto cement, they may change their mind. If there is one left.
    i think just like wearing seat belts it dosn't hurt anyone except the person who chooses weather to do it or not and personally i think it should be that way - the goverment dosn't care about you but they do care about the revenue from the tickets.

it's like saying riding without leathers is insane, if i go on a ride with you and you're wearing a t-shirt i might suggest leathers is a good idea but i'm not going to look at you weird just because you choose not to, i sometimes leave my gear at home aswell depending on the conditions. no helmet is extreme but it's the same concept, i always wear mine but what if your helmet gets stolen and your bike is 2min from home?
    Last edited by Mariusz; 12-16-2007 at 04:18 PM.
    A bike is like a girl friend - expensive and high maintanance but it's all worth the ride...

Sauga area, always up for a ride if i'm not busy. Drop me a pm...

Gh0sT

From someone who's sold them in the past, I am of the notion that we should just leave the decision up up to the rider. Let the process of natural selection thin the herd a bit. If you know what I mean.

Nothing drove me crazier, than having to listen to some angry, anti-government, white-trash hillbilly yelling at ME, because SOMEONE ELSE is making him wear a helmet. I spent the first few years arguing for the issue, and the remaining ones arguing for freedom of choice. Spend a few years in motorcycle accessories retail, you'll see where I'm coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariusz View Post
    i think just like wearing seat belts it dosn't hurt anyone except the person who chooses weather to do it or not and personally i think it should be that way
    This is not a proper comparison. I know someone that was killed in a car accident, who was wearing their seatbelt, because someone else who was not wearing a seat belt came flying and hit them. Not to nit pick, but it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by FZR 400 View Post
    This is not a proper comparison. I know someone that was killed in a car accident, who was wearing their seatbelt, because someone else who was not wearing a seat belt came flying and hit them. Not to nit pick, but it happens.
    LOL! That's crazy!