Road tax collection in full effect

Thread: Road tax collection in full effect

Road tax collection in full effect

Just givin you all the heads up. The police are in full tax collection mode...in the guise of a safe holiday season. My typical drive to work from Orangeville to Newmarket is usually police free. This week has been a nightmare of dodging police cars on the side of the road giving people speeding tickets. My average speed across 9 is 110km/h as is everyone else in the morning. No bubbles no troubles. This week has been a horror of people travelling between 70 and 90 km/h. Someone is gonna die...

Ian
    Power Corrupts, Ultimate power corrupts ultimately...GSXR!

Gh0sT

Talking Re: Road tax collection in full effect

"It's the most wonderful time of the year....."

Re: Road tax collection in full effect

Quote Originally Posted by Gh0sT View Post
    "Today... is Christmas! There will be a magic show at zero-nine-thirty! Chaplain Charlie will tell you about how the free world will conquer Communism with the aid of God and a few marines! God has a hard-on for marines because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your *** belongs to the Corps!"
    I saw that movie again last night. Awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by thislilfishy View Post
    Just givin you all the heads up. The police are in full tax collection mode...in the guise of a safe holiday season. My typical drive to work from Orangeville to Newmarket is usually police free. This week has been a nightmare of dodging police cars on the side of the road giving people speeding tickets. My average speed across 9 is 110km/h as is everyone else in the morning. No bubbles no troubles. This week has been a horror of people travelling between 70 and 90 km/h. Someone is gonna die...

Ian
    Last I checked, the speed limit in that section ranges from 60-80kmh. So all of a sudden, the weather gets bad, and people start driving according to the law and you are complaining? I dont think the problem is with the cops here....

Enough people are ending up in the ditch, slow down!
    CHOWDAH RIDAH

2007 ZX-14 -92,000km
    2006 BW'S -7,000km
    2005 ZX636R -63,533km (stolen)
    2004 SV650S -30,000km (sold)
    2003 ZZR250 -15,000km (sold)

Current tire choice: Pirelli Angel
    Last tire choice: Road Smart- 19,000 on last set (not the best though..)
    CSC Certified Riding Instructor

Not only have I seen a TON of cops out handing out tickets lately, I saw three different cops (just yesterday) with slowplows and city bobcats pulled over... No idea what was going on there...
    If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face - Rage Against The Machine

Quote Originally Posted by TBSS_guy View Post
    Not only have I seen a TON of cops out handing out tickets lately, I saw three different cops (just yesterday) with slowplows and city bobcats pulled over... No idea what was going on there...
    They were probably stunting! Pushing the snow probably caused the front wheels of the bobcat to leave the ground! Impound!

Quote Originally Posted by suprPHREAK View Post
    Last I checked, the speed limit in that section ranges from 60-80kmh. So all of a sudden, the weather gets bad, and people start driving according to the law and you are complaining? I dont think the problem is with the cops here....

Enough people are ending up in the ditch, slow down!

Actually this event started prior to our bad weather, and people were only slowing down due to the presence of the police. Which is fine, except people are slowing down to various speeds causing for more danger (today's crash was evidence of that) then a greater majority of people traveling at the very same speed of 110km/hr. Which IS well above the posted speed limit, but definately a safe rate of speed when everyone is travelling there. Also the very same rate of speed that the OPP completely ignores throughout the year normally.

There is a very very small minority of people in this province that think our posted speeds are even remotely realistic. Particularly on our highways and secondary highways.

PS: There are no 60km/hr zones between Orangeville and Newmarket.

ian
    Power Corrupts, Ultimate power corrupts ultimately...GSXR!