Future of 'Administrative Suspensions' - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Future of 'Administrative Suspensions'

Re: Future of 'Administrative Suspensions'

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    L.o.L! Awesome! Sucker got burnnned!

for the record, ADLS suspensions do show up on driver MVRs, however, insurance companies are unable to rate for these suspensions. if there is a conviction as a result, the conviction can be taken into account, but not the ADLS itself.

i'm guessing the same would apply for the 7 day suspensions...if you're not convicted, they can't take any action.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    I've long suspected that MADD were perhaps being overly active, but I never thought the corruption ran that deep. Wow ... good find.
    Given the amount of press this has gotten over the last five-or-so years, I'm honestly shocked that this is coming as a surprise to anyone.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

never paid much attention to them, now for sure I won't.

am I the only one that is getting scared to even go in my car nowadays?

I'm afraid whenever I see a cop that I may be doing something wrong, even though I'm a law-abiding citizen. This fear-mongering needs to stop.
    Police work for the people, not the other way around.

http://www.madd.ca/english/news/stories/n20071130.htm

Even police have doubts about the constitutionality of all this new crap.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Insp. Kirk Mason, who runs the Windsor police Community Support Services, which oversees the RIDE roadside-test program, believes the added penalties will deter more people from drinking and driving.

"The way it is right now, the 12-hour suspension doesn't really have any consequences," Mason said.

"This has been spoken about for years because, basically, with the 12-hour suspension, there's no record and nobody's the wiser, no matter how often it happens.

"Now, there's going to be more teeth to it, so it will be a greater deterrent.

Newsflash buddy: Driving with .05 BAC isn't unlawful, so why should there be an increased "deterrent"? Why should there be ANY?!

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Newsflash buddy: Driving with .05 BAC isn't unlawful, so why should there be an increased "deterrent"? Why should there be ANY?!
    It scares me how easily the general public eats this **** up. I've been chatting to co-workers and they have bought the scare tactics hook line and sinker. They ask why I support Drunk driving and I keep pointing out that under 0.08 it isn't drunk driving. you are not impaired. They seem convinced that one beer makes you kill babies with cars. I just can't believe how uninformed people are.

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    It scares me how easily the general public eats this **** up. I've been chatting to co-workers and they have bought the scare tactics hook line and sinker. They ask why I support Drunk driving and I keep pointing out that under 0.08 it isn't drunk driving. you are not impaired. They seem convinced that one beer makes you kill babies with cars. I just can't believe how uninformed people are.
    Your a baby killer supporter...

Your a baby killer supporter...
    Its the only way to ensure that my own 4 month old will get his share of the resources in the future overcrowded Toronto

Well... wtf can we do about all of this.

I have a co-worker with 2 small children and he thinks this is all ridiculous....

My taxes are also on the rise (3.7% for god sakes) this year in Halton mainly because of Police Services demands.

The committee heard presentations from several organizations, like the Halton Region Police Service, which sought support for its $99 million budget. Police Chief Gary Crowell outlined where the money goes, such as $86.9 million to staffing and support costs, $5.6 million to fleet operations and $4.2 million to building costs.

He also spoke about the pressures on the police service.

"Demands for police time are increasing due to the changing type of crime in our community and also due to legislated complexities and the judicial system," he explained.

POLICE SERVICES TOPS REGIONAL COSTS

Topping the list of regional costs is police services at $427, followed by $150 for transportation services, $130 for waste management, $88 for housing initiatives and $70 for services for seniors.
    I missed the chance it seems... who the hell can go to 1pm meetings anway... I tell you who... Suzie Soccer mom wailing about safety and the children...

http://www.burlingtonpost.com/news/article/142824

Well... wtf can we do about all of this.

I have a co-worker with 2 small children and he thinks this is all ridiculous....

My taxes are also on the rise (3.7% for god sakes) this year in Halton mainly because of Police Services demands.

I missed the chance it seems... who the hell can go to 1pm meetings anway... I tell you who... Suzie Soccer mom wailing about safety and the children...

http://www.burlingtonpost.com/news/article/142824
    We can attend meetings, write letters, and speak out against things like using police as a source of revenue, for one. If not, then li'l Suzy Soccer Mom will be the only voice heard.

Now, please excuse me. I need to get back to juggling those burning babies.

Now, please excuse me. I need to get back to juggling those burning babies.
    Use a catchers mitt... it helps allot

We can attend meetings, write letters, and speak out against things like using police as a source of revenue, for one. If not, then li'l Suzy Soccer Mom will be the only voice heard.
    The governing body knows exactly how busy the regular person is... they actually count on it... and of course the constant diversion of sports when it comes to the men.

The governing body knows exactly how busy the regular person is... they actually count on it... and of course the constant diversion of sports when it comes to the men.
    And after we've said that we're too busy to do anything about it, it's our own bloody fault that things fall apart. Too many of us complain, without ever stepping up to the plate.

And after we've said that we're too busy to do anything about it, it's our own bloody fault that things fall apart. Too many of us complain, without ever stepping up to the plate.
    This is true. I do make calls and send letters... but that stuff is easily ignored in the name of safety.

This is true. I do make calls and send letters... but that stuff is easily ignored in the name of safety.
    Which is why it's best to do so just prior to elections, then try and raise a public stink about it.

The problem with the issues we bring up is that we come from an angle of calculated risk. We analyze our actions and find an acceptable point. Our views are going against people that are trying to enforce and create zero risk. At least to the eyes of the majority anyway. How can we easily justify that it should be okay to have a certain level of alcohol in your system when having none is even less risk?

I'm simply tired of having government try and legislate how I should assess risk. I had parents growing up and I don't want another big brother bugging me my whole life trying to tell me what is right and wrong. We all know that this is simply another revenue generating initiative. I just really wish that more people would stand up and take notice of the rising restrictions placed on the way we live.
    Please promote spelling and grammar:
    www.engrish.com

Wow, 3 month suspension on the spot for a first offence, seems a little steep. I"m assuming that that's based on a .05 reading, which still isn't illegal.

It's especially crazy when you consider that there's a TON of studies/information on the web about how inaccurate those hand held breathalyzers are...

...Or do the police get to legally break your arm to take a blood sample as was mentioned in another thread in conjunction with this?