Few pics from the bike show - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Few pics from the bike show

Re: Few pics from the bike show

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    70 to 100 lbs heavier seems like overkill for no more then a combined total of perhaps 20 litres of liquid more... but then again, I'm still green. Anyone care to comment on the accuracy of that?
    I shipped my bike and had to weigh it and discover that the wet weight is 113lbs over what the manufacturer stated the dry weight is. It is surprising how much fluid weighs. 20L of gas accounts for 32lbs alone.
    Last edited by Lightcycle; 12-09-2007 at 09:59 AM. Reason: I was PMSing, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post
    Is that MV Agusta part of some eye candy display? And no red 848s, I still think Ducati's in white is just wrong?
    It was part of the Z1 Cycletech display. Eye candy only...
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by obr44 View Post
    Kawasaki was the only dealer not too have their bikes locked upright..

It was nice to sit on the ZX14 and see how light it was though
    so you trading in the 1200?
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcycle View Post
    I shipped my bike and had to weigh it and discover that the wet weight is 113lbs over what the manufacturer stated the dry weight is. It is surprising how much fluid weighs. 20L of gas accounts for 32lbs alone.
    Woah. I should have specified, I was thinking more in terms of a 10-11 litre tank, much smaller bike, think vespa or 250cc cruiser (marauder/rebel/v-star). Likely less oil, brake fluid etc. But if a 20 lt tank brought you 113 pounds over the stated dry weight it's easy to see the comparison. Thanks

Smile Re: Few pics from the bike show

My partner and I were planning on going, Sunday but after Saturdays X-mas party didn't have the energy. Thx everyone for all the pic's and laugh's. It almosts feels like we were there.
    Natalie
    Need for Speed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post
    Is that MV Agusta part of some eye candy display? And no red 848s, I still think Ducati's in white is just wrong?
    The MV with the floral paint job (did you notice the flowers on the lowers?) is owned and ridden by Steve Boan.I usually pit beside him at Mosport.The paint on most of the bike is fresh this year.That is his trackbike! He must have had the rims painted as well,because they are usually all scratched up from the many tire changes he needs to keep the pace up in the open class.The bike itself has a really cool story.It was in a shop in Mexico that was leveled by a huge hurricane,and he bought it for a few thousand and had it shipped back to Canada a few bits at a time for total Restoration.Every piece of it was corroded by the salt water.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Rick there was another MV, the $120,000 FF4 Claudio Castiglioni, on display. It was already in town for another event. It was Cagiva's further attempts to gauge interest and support on getting them into Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by topendz View Post
    Rick there was another MV, the $120,000 FF4 Claudio Castiglioni, on display. It was already in town for another event. It was Cagiva's further attempts to gauge interest and support on getting them into Canada.
    I saw the " Claudio Castiglioni" this past summer at the Mid-ohio AMA race, amazing looking bike.

Last edited by veteq; 12-10-2007 at 12:04 PM.

Nice pics veteq !

Here's my only good shot form the show...

i wasn't too inspired for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by topendz View Post
    tell these pricks to hurry up...i want an MV F41000
    51 Panhead FL Chop, 2011 MV Agusta F4

Quote Originally Posted by wassp223 View Post
    That red and white R1 on the previous page at the bottom had some models on it for a bit today. Pretty niceee.

On saturday it had some "models" on it. Let's just say some chicks shouldn't wear tight clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Green View Post
    On saturday it had some "models" on it. Let's just say some chicks shouldn't wear tight clothes.
    Seriously.
    I went to the show bright and early friday morning with the woman so we could avoid the havoc and chaos of the crowds to come. She practically demanded to come with me, because she knew friday evening was lady's free night and didn't want me meeting "biker chicks". Those models were uhm... I mean, if I were single, and drunk, sure, but otherwise...

There was one girl, not a model, but she may as well have been, at the Yamaha youth training booth tucked away on the back side of the show, who actually had a brain AND rode dirt. Damn!

Ah well, mine can cook, clean, and look good. I'll shut up and be grateful heh.

yeah i wasn't to impressed with the show this year as well, but thanks for posting and sharing the pics.

daniel.g

Anyone take pics of the black Ninja 250r?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    The MV with the floral paint job (did you notice the flowers on the lowers?) is owned and ridden by Steve Boan.I usually pit beside him at Mosport.The paint on most of the bike is fresh this year.That is his trackbike! He must have had the rims painted as well,because they are usually all scratched up from the many tire changes he needs to keep the pace up in the open class.The bike itself has a really cool story.It was in a shop in Mexico that was leveled by a huge hurricane,and he bought it for a few thousand and had it shipped back to Canada a few bits at a time for total Restoration.Every piece of it was corroded by the salt water.
    Oh it's THAT bike. Yeah I've seen other postings by him, that is quite the story. He did have quite the time getting his "deal" roadworthy again though didn't he?

Edit-- http://www.mvagusta.net/registryprofile/1811/
    Last edited by Dilligaf0220; 12-22-2007 at 01:38 PM.
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

Mysterio

that Ducati sportclassic is badass....one day my friends....it will be mine

SpeedFreak

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    that Ducati sportclassic is badass....one day my friends....it will be mine
    Someones living in the past

What lens are you using?

if the lighting is bad would a 50mm f/1.8 suffice this year?