"Inadmissible"

Thread: "Inadmissible"

"Inadmissible"

Anyone try to import a so called "inadmissible" bike. One not on the riv. list. I really had my heart set on an mv agusta, had called my insurance broker and got a quote. Is there any loop holes so to speak in getting these rare ltalian bike into ontario.

Re: "Inadmissible"

Call Dave at Seven View Cycle and ask. If not, then he could hook you up with some other Italian exotica.

905-669-6215
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

thanks.

"Inadmissible" means "you can't do it", so FORGET IT.

Anyone who claims to be able to put one of these on the road, is doing so illegally.

Who cares. it's an MV agusta dude - not some POS chinese fall-apart-bike.

Nites

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post

Anyone who claims to be able to put one of these on the road, is doing so illegally.
    Yes and no... You may be able to register it as a "home built" like all these bike builders here in Ontario do. I never understood that either, how a production bike like the MV doesn't meet safety standards in Canada, but bikes like these custom choppers with hardly any lighting, strteched out front ends... ect. can legally be put on the road here.
    http://www.maximumcycle.ca
    ^^^^my first website!^^^^

Just for the record, I wouldn't help someone get a vehicle on the road illegally Brian, but I think you already know that. Dave is dealing with Italian product, several different lines, and I thought that he might have an idea on whether or not this was something remotely possible in the future.

Enfields were being ridden on Canadian roads for roughly 2 years before they could officially be imported. They were "inadmissible."

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I just don't get why certain bikes are not allowed. whats the reason? That riv. motorcycle list is a joke. The funny thing is; this weekend at the toronto motorcycle show they are featuring the new mv agusta(msrp $120,000.us)whats the point. i just find it funny since you can't bring'em into the country. just my 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by talonc View Post
    I just don't get why certain bikes are not allowed. whats the reason? That riv. motorcycle list is a joke. The funny thing is; this weekend at the toronto motorcycle show they are featuring the new mv agusta(msrp $120,000.us)whats the point. i just find it funny since you can't bring'em into the country. just my 2cents
    Not all that funny actually. Why would you go to all the trouble required to have a model homologated, if no one is going to buy it? First you check interest, then you analyze if it'll pay to bring it into the country.

Just something else to consider when looking for "LOOPHOLES" on one of these inadmissable bikes.

If you are able to jump though one of these loopholes and get it licensed, this really isn't the hard part, nor the part to be concerned about as most MTO employee's couldn't tell the difference anyway.

HOWEVER, insurance companies are VERY good at finding ways to not pay you when you make a claim.

Sure, they'll insure you, take your money, then, when you're expensive, imported Italian bike gets run over by suzie soccer mom, they'll void your policy and not pay you a nickle.

When you ask why, they'll simply say "This bike isn't legal in Canada" and

"You provided false information when you obtained the policy, which is automatic cause for cancellation."

I just don't get why certain bikes are not allowed. whats the reason?
    The original manufacturer has not put the vehicle through the official Transport Canada approval procedure and certified that the original vehicle meets all Canadian motor vehicle safety and emission standards.

If the manufacturer has not gone through the approval process then it is IRRELEVANT whether the vehicle actually is in compliance or not. YOU as a private individual are NOT ALLOWED to do it - the original manufacturer has to do it. (And in any case, it costs a few hundred grand to do it.)

By the way, home built vehicles are not so easy to register. It still has to conform to Transport Canada's standards. I know someone who built a Titan chopper kit from the USA, and he could not get it legally registered.

Most Canadian-based builders of such vehicles are registering them based on, say, a 1960's Harley VIN number. There may be nothing left whatsoever of that particular 1960's Harley except the VIN plate, but that's all that counts ... (The year of that VIN has to pre-date the safety and emission standards that the vehicle doesn't conform to ...)

Most Canadian-based builders of such vehicles are registering them based on, say, a 1960's Harley VIN number. There may be nothing left whatsoever of that particular 1960's Harley except the VIN plate, but that's all that counts ... (The year of that VIN has to pre-date the safety and emission standards that the vehicle doesn't conform to ...)

Most of the customs I've seen are usually the customers SIN number as the VIN number of the bike. You don't need a pre-existing one, and you can choose your own VIN.
    One of the other bike mechanics I work with owns his own custom bike shop. This is one of the bikes he built.
    http://www.saskma.com/content/view/292/4/
    I'll have to pick his brain tomorrow on how to register a home built bike.
    http://www.maximumcycle.ca
    ^^^^my first website!^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by fightingbouncer View Post
    Most of the customs I've seen are usually the customers SIN number as the VIN number of the bike.
    Talk about making identity theft easy!

I would not go the "home built" route, insurance companies hate to insure these.

a vendor at the motorcycle show had an mv agusta with ont plates. So it can be done. Went to see the $120000 mv agusta. The rep there gave me a business card, telling me to email them, to get them to bring the agusta here.

a vendor at the motorcycle show had an mv agusta with ont plates. So it can be done. Went to see the $120000 mv agusta. The rep there gave me a business card, telling me to email them, to get them to bring the agusta here.
    Yup, that would be Steve. That thing has an interesting paint job. I doubt that I could put the mileage on it that he does though. He's on this site, but be damned if I know what username he goes by.

Draiter

Quote Originally Posted by NiteshadeTA View Post
    Who cares. it's an MV agusta dude - not some POS chinese fall-apart-bike. Nites
    POS Chinese fall-apart-bike???? When did they start making these? MV Agusta is just some POS Italian waste-of-money bike.....
    120,000 for a motorcycle??? LMAO.... That's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.... Take 13,000 GSX-R 1000 put 10,000 into and you will have no problem with that 120,000 pos....