Radar detector anyone? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Radar detector anyone?

Re: Radar detector anyone?

And where would you use this radar detector in the GTA?

BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Driver: "OMG, radar detector is going off, I better slow down."

Passenger: "Idiot, we're on the DVP in after work rush hour, our break neck speed of 12 kmph isn't going to get us a ticket, but having that radar detector on will!"
    Shama-la-ma-ding dong!

Quote Originally Posted by l33t Rider View Post
    And where would you use this radar detector in the GTA?

BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Driver: "OMG, radar detector is going off, I better slow down."

Passenger: "Idiot, we're on the DVP in after work rush hour, our break neck speed of 12 kmph isn't going to get us a ticket, but having that radar detector on will!"
    It is amazing how TPD finds just those "perfect" spots to set their traps. But its not TPD that I need worry about

Quote Originally Posted by spankayf View Post
    I cant explain why its not there. I've been told by Leos about the revision and I know from people that have been charged within the last 3 years.

I'll see if I can find another link here it is

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/DBLaws/R...h/940339_e.htm

Regulation 339/94 (Section 20 - Item #37) states that section 79 (2) of the Highway Traffic Act (Drive motor vehicle equipped with or carrying a speed measuring warning device) carries 3 demerit points.

Yup... looks like your right...
    Very strange that it's not included in the link I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by spankayf View Post
    It is amazing how TPD finds just those "perfect" spots to set their traps. But its not TPD that I need worry about
    Also, in some small counties in the states, they put radar emitters on all city vehicles and school buses, which essentially makes a radar detector go crazy without ever having a cop turn his radar on. A pretty passive way to get radar detector users to slow down.
    Shama-la-ma-ding dong!

Quote Originally Posted by l33t Rider View Post
    Also, in some small counties in the states, they put radar emitters on all city vehicles and school buses, which essentially makes a radar detector go crazy without ever having a cop turn his radar on. A pretty passive way to get radar detector users to slow down.
    I always thought that was brilliant when I was travelling in the States with mine. Basically every little town on a major interstate would have something to set off the detector as you enter the town, and then it stops when you leave. Got me to always drive at or below the limit in the towns...

Any areas you're not familiar with you need to slow down and respect the alert but you do learn the spots and alert types as you travel.

The real problem in the States is the number of clowns riding around with Cobras and RMRs that leak RF so badly they set off falses in the better RDs

Ahh... radar detectors... such lovely money saving devices.

Of course, our government doesn't want us having them so we can periodically check our speed and prevent any monetary deposits through our local courts... then our fantastic police services would be in a position to find drug dealers, violent crime offenders and other personally negative affecting individuals rather than generate income for the cities in which they serve.

hehe what was it... "To punish and enslave".. or maybe "To oppress and fine" is more suiting? "To serve and protect" really doesn't do it anymore.

Can't you use blinders which detect laser and most of the new up to date tracking systems? I mean I know blinders don't alert you but they make you invisible to radars alike.
    When you plan your work and work your plan, you find that God is in man.

Quote:
    At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Lazy View Post
    I always thought that was brilliant when I was travelling in the States with mine. Basically every little town on a major interstate would have something to set off the detector as you enter the town, and then it stops when you leave. Got me to always drive at or below the limit in the towns...
    Motion sensors that trigger automatic doors are picked up by detectors all the time.
    That's why many RDs have city and hwy mode (different sensitivity levels to avoid such false alerts).

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen_1 View Post
    Can't you use blinders which detect laser and most of the new up to date tracking systems? I mean I know blinders don't alert you but they make you invisible to radars alike.
    Blinder is a good first generaton laser jammer using LEDs. They'd work perfectly fine on a bike not so good on a white suv. I'm not sure they jam all the laser guns that are out there though

Fortunately we dont have to deal with the auto system they have in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    Ahh... radar detectors... such lovely money saving devices.

Of course, our government doesn't want us having them so we can periodically check our speed and prevent any monetary deposits through our local courts... then our fantastic police services would be in a position to find drug dealers, violent crime offenders and other personally negative affecting individuals rather than generate income for the cities in which they serve.

hehe what was it... "To punish and enslave".. or maybe "To oppress and fine" is more suiting? "To serve and protect" really doesn't do it anymore.
    You didnt mention that Bels are mfg in Mississauga. Good Canadian workmanship

Smile Re: Radar detector anyone?

Waiting patiently for the v1 to become spectre proof... that combined with a jammer or veil coating should buy a couple of seconds to slow down!

From what I hear Valentine make the best ones.......

wait wait

tell me more about these blinders

Quote Originally Posted by 2000GSR View Post
    Waiting patiently for the v1 to become spectre proof... that combined with a jammer or veil coating should buy a couple of seconds to slow down!
    The right jammer and you wont need Veil

The stealth V1 has been rumoured for too long and the newer versions are actually less stealthy than the old. I'd love see them do it but I'm guessing he cant without giving up the arrows feature
    Last edited by spankayf; 12-07-2007 at 12:19 PM.

I would have jumped all over the sti when it came out but I want the arrows! I guess thats why Mike is taking extra time to engineer something that will have arrows and be stealth at the same time.