Ticket - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ticket

Re: Ticket

Rob,

I believe you are correct. In my last few tickets I've received my disclosure at the first attendance meeting. I actually had the last one thrown out because the crown did not have the officer's notes and did not seem to believe there were any. Blind luck on my part..

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    I seem to remember that you have to request Disclosure separately, when pleading not guilty. Dave, do you remember if there was a separate box on the ticket that had to be checked off, in order to receive Disclosure?
    Thomas Jefferson said "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty".

I just had a rep from redline go to court for me in Oct. over a similar situation (80 in a school 40 zone) fought it, was brought down to a 10 over and a $30 fine :P no points

Quote Originally Posted by Sebo View Post
    NEED advice. ticket of 70 in a 40?
    in the car though :S
    no previous tickets

2006 GSXR 600 ,2004 CRF230F, 2003 GSXR 600(SOLD)

do u want to give me this guys info from redline?
    Thanks in advance.
    Btw, wut are his fees like?
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    2003 Suzuki GSX-R 600 Alstare (SOLD)

do u want to give me this guys info from redline?
    Thanks in advance.
    Btw, wut are his fees like?
    i don't want to sound like a dick but check out www.charged.ca
    the number is there and you can call for a free consultation

they will tell you all your options and fees and whatever else you need to know and they will also ask you things that will help them answer your questions

this is going to be much faster than waiting for us trying to answer your questions.

you dont have much time left

"We all undertake a modicum of risk everytime we thumb the starter - it's just inherent to the sport."

-Manners are free, everone should have them-

Quote Originally Posted by oioioi View Post
    i don't want to sound like a dick but check out www.charged.ca
    the number is there and you can call for a free consultation

they will tell you all your options and fees and whatever else you need to know and they will also ask you things that will help them answer your questions

this is going to be much faster than waiting for us trying to answer your questions.

you dont have much time left
    +1

How many more times do guys have to post "Read the sticky" to you?

All the info is in there.

2006 GSXR 600 ,2004 CRF230F, 2003 GSXR 600(SOLD)

maybe if u looked at my question you would realize that all the info is not there. i was now asking about paralegals. please dont post if you dont know what your talking about
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    2003 Suzuki GSX-R 600 Alstare (SOLD)

Fight Fight Fight!
    Do everything you can to have the ticket removed from your record.
    I thought that insurance companies don't improve your rating, until 3 years since your last conviction. I was wrong.

I just found out that they dont consider the consider the conviction date or the date of the offense anymore.
    They wont take your last ticket off their record until three years after you PAID the ticket.

maybe if u looked at my question you would realize that all the info is not there. i was now asking about paralegals. please dont post if you dont know what your talking about
    Before you even consider talking to paralegals though, you have to follow the process of telling the courts that you want to fight your ticket and to check off the box that says you want to dispute the evidence on the crown. If you look on the ticket you got, it should be on the back. This is what the sticky tells you to do and what you should get done ASAP after getting a ticket.

Then you'll have plenty of time to CALL paralegals and get some consultations. One step at a time my friend.
    Please promote spelling and grammar:
    www.engrish.com

Quote Originally Posted by bsl View Post
    Fight Fight Fight!
    Do everything you can to have the ticket removed from your record.
    I thought that insurance companies don't improve your rating, until 3 years since your last conviction. I was wrong.

I just found out that they dont consider the consider the conviction date or the date of the offense anymore.
    They wont take your last ticket off their record until three years after you PAID the ticket.

How would the insurance company find out when you paid the ticket? Your drivers abstract gives the date of the offence not the date of conviction or the date you paid the fine.
    ROADRASH - A mid winter skin condition caused by the stress of not riding my bike!!
    http://madleyphotography.com

any advice on how to prepare for court.
    Need help on this guys.
    No bike insurance next year if this doesnt work out
    If you need advice on how to fight the ticket you need a good paralegal to do it for you. E-mail me for contact.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Step 1: Request first attendance. The court will mail you a letter with the date. You do not need a paralegal or lawyer to represent you at this stage. You can but you'd probably be wasting your money.

Step 2: At the first attendance you will discuss with a prosecutor about your charge and he/she will ask you what you would like to do. Just say you would like the charge to be reduced. You have a better than 50/50 chance your charge and fine will be knocked down. My advice, show up looking respectable and behave politely. It's not a trial so don't try and argue against the charge. The cop isn't going to be there so his notes will not be present. You will be asked to describe the offence and you can use this to your advantage by not highlighting anything you actually did wrong.

Step 3: There are 2 outcomes from Step 2. You are offered a reduced charge or you are not offered a reduced charge. Most likely you will be offered so if you accept the lesser offence then they ammend the charge and that takes place in the courtroom with the justice of the peace. You plead guilty to the lesser charge and waive your right to a trial. Pay the reduced fine and your out the door. If the prosecutor doesn't offer you a lesser charge then request a trial, get a lawyer and hope for the best.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40