Ticket

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticket

2006 GSXR 600 ,2004 CRF230F, 2003 GSXR 600(SOLD)

Ticket

NEED advice. ticket of 70 in a 40?
    in the car though :S
    no previous tickets
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    2003 Suzuki GSX-R 600 Alstare (SOLD)

Re: Ticket

go to court, plead not guilty... that or call a lawyer... those are really your best options...
    RR

any advice on how to prepare for court.
    Need help on this guys.
    No bike insurance next year if this doesnt work out
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

also, if u havent had your court date, do you have to admit to a ticket when renewing motorcycle insurance?
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Banned

no but you do have to report it if you are convicted

relax... id say consult somebody who has been to court already, they can maybe help you out more than i can, ive never been to court, or had a ticket...
    RR

well thats why ive posted here. i really need help guys and if anyone has experience, can you please help?
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Call Forch @ Redline

yo chris,
    i met u at johns house once.
    can u give me more info on who this forch guy is and if he can really help me.
    Last edited by Sebo; 12-02-2007 at 08:31 PM.
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Forch is at Dufferin and King location you can search these forums he has been very successful and he will show you everything you need to know when you go in and see him.

Read this sticky:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ead.php?t=1039

Take the ticket in saying you want to fight it. Mark the indicated boxes on the form indicating you want to disput the officers evidence and presto you innocent until your court date (which if you're in TO will be like a year from now). Go to court and hope the officer doesn't show. If no show your of the hook.

If the cop shows, bargin with the prosecutor. They'll probably knock it back to 20 over (3 pts and something like $110). Unless you where clocked going faster then 30 over and the cop was nice enough to knock it down already. Last time I was in court someone got ticketed doing 40 over on the highway and failed to produce insurance. They went to court it got knock down to 20 over and they provided proof of insurance so that charge got dropping. It went from aw **** to **** yeah.

Gh0sT

Quote Originally Posted by Sebo View Post
    no previous tickets
    Hope you weren't in a school zone.

luckily i wasnt lol
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

has anyone had any experience with FORCH? if so, can you guys give me details on how these people work?
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Read the sticky mentioned by B400. Also, review your ticket for errors....I had a ticket before and the intersection were the I was 'allegedly' speeding was way off. I fought it based on that...they tried to tell me that the officer would show up and he had already reduced my fine....I still said I wanted to fight it and just said I wasn't in the area mentioned on the ticket....officer didn't show up for the court date and I won. Good luck.
    "Is this a promise you'll keep...or one you'll break like the wind." Spinal Tap

--------------------------------

Burlington

The first thing to do is make sure you get a first attendance meeting. This will allow you to do 2 things. You get the prima facia evidence against you and it allows you to plea bargain before court.

The outcome of this meeting will determine if you go to court or not. If you go to court be prepared to defend yourself. If you are lucky the officer will not show. If you are even more lucky the court date will be so far in the future you can use the charter to get off. If you go to court and the officer shows up you then still have some choices. Do you have a good case? Are you innocent? If not then you can plea with the prosecutor and you will get a reduction. If you have a good driving record and you are sincere you should be able to plea down to a no points ticket.

Getting off completely when the officer shows is pretty hard. Unless you can show the officer made a mistake of somesort you will be convicted. This is how lawyers make a living....

no previous tickets
    Thomas Jefferson said "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty".

Quote Originally Posted by ddusseld View Post
    The first thing to do is make sure you get a first attendance meeting. This will allow you to do 2 things. You get the prima facia evidence against you and it allows you to plea bargain before court.

The outcome of this meeting will determine if you go to court or not. If you go to court be prepared to defend yourself. If you are lucky the officer will not show. If you are even more lucky the court date will be so far in the future you can use the charter to get off. If you go to court and the officer shows up you then still have some choices. Do you have a good case? Are you innocent? If not then you can plea with the prosecutor and you will get a reduction. If you have a good driving record and you are sincere you should be able to plea down to a no points ticket.

Getting off completely when the officer shows is pretty hard. Unless you can show the officer made a mistake of somesort you will be convicted. This is how lawyers make a living....
    I seem to remember that you have to request Disclosure separately, when pleading not guilty. Dave, do you remember if there was a separate box on the ticket that had to be checked off, in order to receive Disclosure?
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by ddusseld View Post
    If you are even more lucky the court date will be so far in the future you can use the charter to get off.
    Can you explain this in more detail? How would i get off exactly?
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Can you explain this in more detail? How would i get off exactly?
    Have a look in the sticky regarding fighting tickets. It's called a "Charter 11b" motion and has to do with denial of your right to a trial within a reasonable time frame. You generally can't make the motion until your trial date is approaching and must make it in the prescribed fashion.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Sebo, read the sticky. All the information you need is in there. And Rob is right. You need to file for disclosure separately. There is no box on the forms. You have to submit a written request to the courts and prosecutor.
    Please promote spelling and grammar:
    www.engrish.com