203 - Have you been/seen/heard anyone who has been booked for early left at green?

Thread: 203 - Have you been/seen/heard anyone who has been booked for early left at green?

203 - Have you been/seen/heard anyone who has been booked for early left at green?

iv. making a left turn where,

(A) the driver is stopped at an intersection controlled by a traffic control signal system in response to a circular red indication;

(B) at least one vehicle facing the opposite direction is similarly stopped in response to a circular red indication; and

(C) the driver executes the left turn immediately before or after the system shows only a circular green indication in both directions and in a manner that indicates an intention to complete or attempt to complete the left turn before the vehicle facing the opposite direction is able to proceed straight through the intersection in response to the circular green indication facing that vehicle. O. Reg. 455/07, s. 3
    First off, I think it's ridiculous that this is under the same label as 50 over, but it is "law", and is one I probably am most susceptible to.

I was pulled over a year ago for this act, but I was just scolded. Now, they can take my car away? Wtf?

So do you know / seen anyone in thus situation?

BIG_RED

Re: 203 - Have you been/seen/heard anyone who has been booked for early left at green

ya cops will look for any excuse to get you

Re: 203 - Have you been/seen/heard anyone who has been booked for early left at green

thats insane, i didnt know that was under bill 203... thats the most facked up piece of legislature ever passed...
    RR

Quote Originally Posted by bmnb1tches View Post
    First off, I think it's ridiculous that this is under the same label as 50 over, but it is "law", and is one I probably am most susceptible to.

I was pulled over a year ago for this act, but I was just scolded. Now, they can take my car away? Wtf?

So do you know / seen anyone in thus situation?
    Actually this particular action is one of the most dangerous. It is more dangerous than simply doing 150 on an open highway and I have damned near been killed by people doing it on more than one occasion.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I don't know why they added the "the driver is stopped at an intersection ..." part though. I would of loved to see this part omitted because I hate it when I see that one (or 5) car(s) turns left but the advance green is over, making everyone on the opposite lane wait for him.
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

The intent is to stop green light jumpers who turn in front of traffic that has right-of-way, when the on-coming traffic can have no expectation of someone doing this. The idiots who continue to turn after the advanced is over are at least doing so in full view of stopped traffic. Someone doing the described action is literally 'racing' the oncoming traffic (though I believe that section is part of 'stunting').

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

want an even better charge within this bill 203??

how about when you're at a light and you nudge forward before the light turns green in anticipation of the green light, you can be charged under this law as well.

every single person has done this at one time or another.

So would this also include the person that is stopped at a light and goes through before the light turns green because the oppsite direction has the advanced turning green?

Quote Originally Posted by scarface View Post

how about when you're at a light and you nudge forward before the light turns green in anticipation of the green light, you can be charged under this law as well.

...I've never done it. allow me to cast the first stone at you.
    Dennis
    http://img222.exs.cx/img222/6786/wheeliecropped150pixels6jz.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty K View Post
    So would this also include the person that is stopped at a light and goes through before the light turns green because the oppsite direction has the advanced turning green?
    The way that I read it, no. Then again, that person would be running a red light, no? Oddly enough, the penalties for running a red (3 points) are lighter than racing through a green, under this legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by scarface View Post

You could be charged, but the charge wouldn't survive hearing. You haven't done so, "...in a manner that indicates an intention to complete or attempt to complete the left turn before the vehicle facing the opposite direction is able to proceed straight through the intersection..."

And no, I haven't done this, because I stop behind the white line that indicates where people are supposed to stop, which is something that few people seem to do these days. If I roll forward, I'm still behind the line. Do you realize that if you stop beyond this line, you can be charged for making an improper stop; effectively running a red?

This is something that I'm fine with. I'm flabbergasted when I see people doing this. Countless times I've watched near collisions because someone was trying to beat the traffic on a left turn, and someone in the oncoming direction was anticipating the green, or just taking off harder than normal.

The state of the general public's driving skills are downright horrid, nearing abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman13 View Post
    This is something that I'm fine with. I'm flabbergasted when I see people doing this. Countless times I've watched near collisions because someone was trying to beat the traffic on a left turn, and someone in the oncoming direction was anticipating the green, or just taking off harder than normal.

The state of the general public's driving skills are downright horrid, nearing abysmal.
    Actually I find that people's skill levels are just fine. When something goes wrong they generally react in an appropriate manner. What is lacking, is courtesy and attention. Everyone considers their own 'needs' before anyone else's and is willing to put someone else's life in peril to save a few minutes' travel time. We've become a society of sociopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Actually I find that people's skill levels are just fine. When something goes wrong they generally react in an appropriate manner. What is lacking, is courtesy and attention. Everyone considers their own 'needs' before anyone else's and is willing to put someone else's life in peril to save a few minutes' travel time. We've become a society of sociopaths.
    People and society have not changed, as selfishness, courtesy and attention are fairly stable traits. However the density of people and cars on the road, the stresses of the daily commute, and other factors have all worsened. This gives people more reasons and opportunities to behave in their usual asinine ways.

TheToeCutter

What is lacking, is courtesy and attention. Everyone considers their own 'needs' before anyone else's and is willing to put someone else's life in peril to save a few minutes' travel time. We've become a society of sociopaths.
    Might I add patience, (lack there of), to that list as well, plzandthks.

Quote Originally Posted by croco View Post
    People and society have not changed, as selfishness, courtesy and attention are fairly stable traits. However the density of people and cars on the road, the stresses of the daily commute, and other factors have all worsened. This gives people more reasons and opportunities to behave in their usual asinine ways.
    I disagree. Yes, population density has changed, but the people here, in the Greater Toronto Area, aren't the same people I knew when I was growing up. I came to Toronto when I was 5 years old. And have lived within 50 Kms of the city core for going on 40 years now. People used to be polite and thoughtful, to one degree or another, regardless of the pressures of traffic, crowded stores, what have you.

No, I'm not giving a generic, "It was better when I was a kid." old guy rant. This is an honest appraisal, based on my observations. I've always been a people watcher. People are more selfish now.

I disagree. Yes, population density has changed, but the people here, in the Greater Toronto Area, aren't the same people I knew when I was growing up. I came to Toronto when I was 5 years old. And have lived within 50 Kms of the city core for going on 40 years now. People used to be polite and thoughtful, to one degree or another, regardless of the pressures of traffic, crowded stores, what have you.

No, I'm not giving a generic, "It was better when I was a kid." old guy rant. This is an honest appraisal, based on my observations. I've always been a people watcher. People are more selfish now.

I agree. People and societies do change, sometimes drastically, over time. What evidence is there to suggest that the above-mentioned traits are stable over time?

--- D