Why do tickets get "quashed" by the Justice of the Peace?

Thread: Why do tickets get "quashed" by the Justice of the Peace?

Why do tickets get "quashed" by the Justice of the Peace?

I recieved a speeding ticket back in the April and did not have the funds to pay it right away. So I put it off untill I recieved something in the mail stating when I would have to pay. But that never came, I recieved nothing in the mail. So in fear that my license would be or had been suspended already I phoned the MTO and gave them my DL# and they said that I was still licenced and gave me the number for the Ontario Court system that deals with traffic fines to see if I still had a charge against me. I called and lady said that the ticket I got back in April was "quashed by the Justice of the Peace back in June" I said "OK" (with a big smile on my face) and thanks and hung up. This is the second time this has happened to me, not that I am complaining. But the time before the fine was ~$400

Why does this happen? Mistakes on the ticket? officer not properly filing the ticket?
    http://www.maximumcycle.ca
    ^^^^my first website!^^^^

Re: Why do tickets get "quashed" by the Justice of the Peace?

You got lucky, and it looks like lightning struck twice. It can happen for the reasons you've listed and who knows how many more.