TRIAL RESULTS - GTAM: Wasaga Beach Group Ride 02/09/07

Thread: TRIAL RESULTS - GTAM: Wasaga Beach Group Ride 02/09/07

Talking TRIAL RESULTS - GTAM: Wasaga Beach Group Ride 02/09/07

For all of you GTAM riders who were part of our group ride on Sept 2, 2007 to Wasaga Beach, this post will be of some interest to you.
    Ed and I went to trial today to fight our ticket. Mr. Hunt was one of the cops that blocked us in at Georgian Mall. We didn't think any of the were in attendance, but he was in a suit.
    As the trial began, Mr. Hunt was forced to show Ed his notes that he was using to refresh his memory. Back to that in a moment. Nothing Mr. Hunt said was going to pin the charge of parking in a fire zone stick, but he did say that he "witnessed" a mother and child being forced off the sidewalk onto the roadway because of our bikes. Ed did not see any note of this in the note. He asked him a question about that but I forgot what he said (should have tape recorded this it was rather funny). He asked him if there were any posted or painted signs where we were parked designating it as a fire zone. Mr Hunt could only say no.
    The judge asked to see this law in the book to see who was right because she had never heard of a motorcycle recieving a ticket for this. She said the a fire zone was either a roadway or yard, and because we were on the sidewalk we were not breaking the law. She suggested that we not park there in the future. Case dismissed
    My turn...
    Some lady in front of the judge said something about my case being identical and that the result be the same. So here was my 6 seconds in court...
    (NAME)
    (JUDGE says I'm free to go)
    ("thank you")
    ()
    FIGHT your tickets guys. Guys who do fight there tickets, SHOW UP TO YOUR COURT DATE!! 1 guy from our group must have slept in or something, now he's getting the $75 + standard court fees.

Da Bridge 06 636, 05 R6, 03 R6, FZR600, CR500R and .....

Re: TRIAL RESULTS - GTAM: Wasaga Beach Group Ride 02/09/07

Thinkin about it takes all the fun out of it !