"to seal or not to seal"...

Thread: "to seal or not to seal"...

"to seal or not to seal"...

well I got my yoshi Rs3 pipe today (woot woot!)..but nowhere in the instructions does it say I need to put selant on the connecting part where I cut the pipe ('02 Sv650s).

Should I put selant anyways? or does the instructions not mention it because in this case I dont need it?

Instructions: After I cut the pipe I'm to slip the new yoshi pipe over the cut pipe and make a hole where I put a rivet in and i cover the rivet with the tightening brace thingy. Ta-daaaaa ......doesn't mention selant...

Re: "to seal or not to seal"...

I say install as it sais. Then see if it leaks.
    If it leaks, put some seal.

NO?
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Some high heat silicone "permatex copper" wouldnt hurt.....

a friend's leo vince for his SV650 had similar instructions. no sealant. no leaks.

I'd put some on anyways and even a couple of spot welds to make sure nobody makes off with it.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]