Poll: Have you been charged under Bill 203 ? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Have you been charged under 203 Legislation ?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i sure have

6 4.55%
  • Nope, and i wont ever be, i ride too safe/slow, or im a good runner !

51 38.64%
  • Not Yet, but i fear its comming.....

75 56.82%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: Have you been charged under Bill 203 ?

Re: Poll: Have you been charged under Bill 203 ?

well looks like everyone is preaching but no one has actually been charged with this... Well I have...last week i was on4 wheels not 2..and i learned allot from the officer that gave me a ride home as my car was being towed away.
    2 lane 80 km hiway. There was a car infront of me constantly hitting the brakes for no reason then speeding up then slowing down...so i passed the car and looked in and it was an old grandma barely looking over the wheel looking lost. so i sped past and merged back into my lane and kept accelerating...bad choice. opp was tailing a car on the oncoming lane and when i saw the car i looked down and realized i was moving pretty good.. all in all i was doing 52km over. lost my car for 7 days and my licence for 7 days. Summons for court next month and i am currently being charged under excessive speed/stunter/racing.

As i was in the back seat of the opp cruiser getting a ride home i asked the officer if she had ever had any runners? she said only 2 and they were bikes and it was at night and had to let them go.I dove deeper into this and asked what she would do if a bike blew past her doing well over 50 in broad daylight.would you pursue?. she smiled and looked at me and asked if i had a motorcycle. i said yes and told her to answer the question.
    All i know now is that if I see the cherries go behind me next summer and im on 2 wheels, im not pulling over.
    right now I know my best case court scenario and my worst case.
    best case: $2000 find and 4 points
    worst case: $10,000 find and licence gone for 2 years...(thats if the charge for racing goes in)
    chop it down and paint it black

I don't know about everyone else but I for one feel much safer with this new law passed. I haven't been taken out by a single street racer! I used to fear that daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Generally by open bid in the government mandated RFP procedure, which is scrutinized by auditors, various levels of government, and is available for public comment under freedom of information.

Why? How do YOU think that they get it?
    Thank you.. Some cops get kickbacks, but not many.. Rob is 100% right.. Its not up to the cops on the road. Its the higher ups that make the decisions.
    And Those cops get the same amount of kickbacks from tow companies as they do from insurance companies, because you know insurance companies will make more money on this..
    99 R1, SS Swing Arm, Mag rims, wolf undertail exaust... and more toys not going to mention.
    02 Gsxr 1000

Quote Originally Posted by RoadHogg View Post
    And Those cops get the same amount of kickbacks from tow companies as they do from insurance companies, because you know insurance companies will make more money on this..
    Cops should never get kickbacks by companies with vested interests in the outcome of their work I don't care who hands them down. There job is to be unbiased and not think about getting a kickback if they make this decision as opposed to that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    Cops should never get kickbacks by companies with vested interests in the outcome of their work I don't care who hands them down. There job is to be unbiased and not think about getting a kickback if they make this decision as opposed to that decision.
    I believe that he was being facetious.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Who me... No way lol
    99 R1, SS Swing Arm, Mag rims, wolf undertail exaust... and more toys not going to mention.
    02 Gsxr 1000

Quote Originally Posted by RoadHogg View Post
    Who me... No way lol
    Please guys... we have rules to follow. No facetiousness for you.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Please guys... we have rules to follow. No facetiousness for you.
    Awww man your no fun...
    02 Gsxr 1000

Oh... It all makes sense now. lol

Quote Originally Posted by roadtoruin View Post
    I don't know about everyone else but I for one feel much safer with this new law passed. I haven't been taken out by a single street racer! I used to fear that daily.
    lol.. same here!! ha

Quote Originally Posted by serialk View Post
    2 lane 80 km hiway. There was a car infront of me constantly hitting the brakes for no reason then speeding up then slowing down...so i passed the car and looked in and it was an old grandma barely looking over the wheel looking lost. so i sped past and merged back into my lane and kept accelerating...bad choice. (thats if the charge for racing goes in)
    What did the officer say when you told her why you passed the old lady?

Quote Originally Posted by roadtoruin View Post
    me too...much safer.

perhaps they can work on preventing some of this (or at least catching some of those responsible):

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_17122.aspx