Poll: Have you been charged under Bill 203 ?

View Poll Results: Have you been charged under 203 Legislation ?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i sure have

6 4.55%
  • Nope, and i wont ever be, i ride too safe/slow, or im a good runner !

51 38.64%
  • Not Yet, but i fear its comming.....

75 56.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Have you been charged under Bill 203 ?

Poll: Have you been charged under Bill 203 ?

Just a poll......
    Last edited by F4i_Guy; 10-15-2009 at 11:45 PM.

Gh0sT

Re: Poll: Have you been charged under Bill 203 ?

I picked choice number "3", because based on Fantino's own words, he wants to see the speed lowered more substantially. Pretty soon, it won't even be safe to accelerate past a vehicle driving recklessly. They'll bag-and-tag your vehicle at 110km/h.

I fully expect that having both my wheels off the road, standing on the pegs, or doing a quick lane change will eventually result in my running afoul of this law.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

D

just an observation:
    The Police seemed to get a law passed that is being argued that it violates the Charter etc...

BUT

What if they already knew this and KNEW it would take 2 years before it could be repealed....see how much money they collected in the meantime.

NOW

they just keep running the same types of things up the flagpole until 2 years later that it gets taken down...then they do it again...a cycle...withone goal...they keep collecting the cash$$$$.

Just an observation...as Rob and Brian mentioned, it will take a GOOD 1-1.5 years before this even gets to a Judge.

Quote Originally Posted by D View Post
    just an observation:
    The Police seemed to get a law passed that is being argued that it violates the Charter etc...

BUT

What if they already knew this and KNEW it would take 2 years before it could be repealed....see how much money they collected in the meantime.

NOW

they just keep running the same types of things up the flagpole until 2 years later that it gets taken down...then they do it again...a cycle...withone goal...they keep collecting the cash$$$$.

Just an observation...as Rob and Brian mentioned, it will take a GOOD 1-1.5 years before this even gets to a Judge.
    Meaningless, because the money doesn't go to the police.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

It will go to the police in an indirect fashion, (through budgetary channels). Plus, I'm sure plenty of boys in blue will be making some kickbacks from the tow companies and impound yards for giving them some good business. This will be a revenue generator for a good couple of years at least. I'm sure within that 2 years they will attempt to amend the law to include a higher percentage of infractions.

I voted number 3. When you ride a sportbike, you feel like a bit of a target.
    Please promote spelling and grammar:
    www.engrish.com

No, I haven't been charged. I got my 50+ ticket a few weeks before this came into effect. It hurt a lot, but not as much as this would have.

Quote Originally Posted by z31tt View Post
    It will go to the police in an indirect fashion, (through budgetary channels). Plus, I'm sure plenty of boys in blue will be making some kickbacks from the tow companies and impound yards for giving them some good business. This will be a revenue generator for a good couple of years at least. I'm sure within that 2 years they will attempt to amend the law to include a higher percentage of infractions.

It'll go into general revenues, from which it'll be split 5000 times.

You can feel whatever you want. Prove it, or it's libel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    You can feel whatever you want. Prove it, or it's libel.
    That's the kicker. Good luck proving it. Even if you go through and try to follow up the accusation, most of the tow / impound places work off the books. Either or, the key point I'm trying to make is that this is a revenue generation law.

Another thing that strikes me as interesting is the lack of information available to the public through the general media. They all know about the 50 over element but 95% of the population have no idea about the other infractions involved with this bill.
    www.engrish.com

Da Bridge 06 636, 05 R6, 03 R6, FZR600, CR500R and .....

It will probably be like this :

I saw you swerving and changing lanes back a km or two...............

But I was swerving to mis a pot hote, some leaves and that dick in the car that almost pulled into my lane. !!!!

That's not what I saw .....

Busted.....

The 50 over thing doesn't bug me so much.
    Play the game....take your chances.

Thinkin about it takes all the fun out of it !

SpeedFreak

Quote Originally Posted by FZR 400 View Post
    No, I haven't been charged. I got my 50+ ticket a few weeks before this came into effect. It hurt a lot, but not as much as this would have.
    You too eh? I got dinged with 60 over a couple years ago and ended up winning in court, well actually my paralegal won. But still i couldnt imagine loosing my license and car for a week when in the end i was found to be "not guilty"

the new law has some serious flaws to it...
    RR

Gh0sT

Personally, I don't need this law to protect me on the road.

I'm just as content watching some Moto GP wanna-be, go skipping long the highway on his backside, as a result of trying to act cool. And should he come in contact with myself, just as pleased to sue to pants off him.

At least this way, I make money. Not the Province.

You'd think that by not riding a super sport I'd be pulled over less...

Times pulled over on my GSXR 750: Never.

Sold the GSXR 750 out of fear it would kill me due to my reckless behavior and retarded speeding.... and bought a nice slow and fun DRZ 450 Super moto.

Times pulled over on the super moto? Twice.
    First time, a cop cut me off in my lane because he thought I wasn't street legal. He didn't even get out of his car. He was traveling Northbound on Wentworth, I was traveling Southbound, and he put his lights on, and swerved into my lane, blocking it. I had to emergency brake. He pulls up beside me and asks if I am street legal. I tell him hell yes. He apologizes for being a retard and leaves.

Second time: I was pulled over because "He heard me before he saw me". I was doing the speed limit. He gave me a 72-hour-produce ticket as my insurance slip was a temp and had expired. I went home immediately and found the correct slip and stopped in at the po-po station and had them make a copy and absolve the ticket.

Note to self: Start riding closer to farm fields and trails.

Nites

Quote Originally Posted by Marko G View Post
    the new law has some serious flaws to it...
    Like the fact you are guilty until proven innocent?
    Like the fact a (sometimes) college educated cop is now the person who decides if you get to keep your car and license for the next week?

Lovely how screwed our legal system is now.

Nites
    Last edited by NiteshadeTA; 11-19-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NiteshadeTA View Post
    Like the fact you are guilty until proven innocent?
    Like the fact a (sometimes) college educated cop is now the person who decides if you get to keep your car and license for the next week?

Lovely how screwed our legal system is now.

Brad Farmer
    our government and police are not addressing the real important issues that are plaguing our province, ie. gun problems, theft problems, DRUG problems etc. They cant do anything to the real criminals, so they divert their attention to honest people that are speeding on the roads. Also, the roads are not any safer because of this new law. Just because we have gun laws, doesnt mean that people still are not getting shot. People are still not checking their blindspots, are still cutting others off, and not being aware of their surroundings. This new bill is just a way to make money, and the insurance companies are loving it, and probably backing it 100%. The new law is flawed for many reasons... i dont know whats going to happen with it in the future...
    RR

You have to keep in mind that different divisions handle different issues. OPP is not involved with drug / gun / theft in the GTA. They are only responsible for the 400 series highways. In smaller communities they handle these other duties as well but around here, it's the regional forces that handle these crimes.
    www.engrish.com

Quote Originally Posted by z31tt View Post

Police don't get kickbacks from tow companies and impound yards. When a vehicle is impounded the tow company and impound yard are under contract with the police service. The vehicles don't go to any impound they go to the yard that is under contract for that area the officers have no choice.
    ROADRASH - A mid winter skin condition caused by the stress of not riding my bike!!
    http://madleyphotography.com

"...the tow company and impound yard are under contract with the police service..."

And how do you think the tow companies win these lucrative contracts? Open you eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Baironzini View Post
    "...the tow company and impound yard are under contract with the police service..."

And how do you think the tow companies win these lucrative contracts? Open you eyes.
    Generally by open bid in the government mandated RFP procedure, which is scrutinized by auditors, various levels of government, and is available for public comment under freedom of information.

Why? How do YOU think that they get it?