Duffy Insurance - Good Time to Insure

Thread: Duffy Insurance - Good Time to Insure

Duffy Insurance - Good Time to Insure

Most riders buy and insure their bikes in the Spring or early Summer.

At the end of the season riders can often find deals when looking to buy a bike. Riders may not be aware that this is also a good time to insure the bike and here's why:

Insurer's have not yet adjusted their rates for the upcoming season. This is done in the winter or early Spring. Therefore, by insuring in the Fall a rider will always be riding the next season at the prior year's rates.

The potential drawback would be premiums decreasing. However let's face it, over the long haul premiums increase and having your renewal come due in the off season will be an advantage. This is particularly pertinent to the more volatile segments such as new riders and riders of super sport bikes.

I'd be happy to answer any questions and provide other ways to save money on your bike insurance. Just call.

Brian Duffy
    Free Bike Insurance Quotes
    John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited
    Insuring Motorcycles since 1963
    Toronto - (905)479-2013
    Outside Toronto - Toll Free 1-866-383-3957

Re: Duffy Insurance - Good Time to Insure

aren't insurance rates also lower if you post a lower book value for the bike? since its season end, the bike value would be $1,000 cheaper, bringing down the price of the premiums slightly....

i think...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackenese View Post
    aren't insurance rates also lower if you post a lower book value for the bike? since its season end, the bike value would be $1,000 cheaper, bringing down the price of the premiums slightly....

i think...
    With most insurers bikes are rated based on year, make and model. It is important to note the value if you have customized your bike by adding chrome, pipes, windshields, etc. However, if a stock bike is just a year older it's not necessary to advise your insurer as this is already accounted for automatically.
    Free Bike Insurance Quotes
    John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited
    Insuring Motorcycles since 1963
    Toronto - (905)479-2013
    Outside Toronto - Toll Free 1-866-383-3957

Quote Originally Posted by Insurance Guy View Post
    Most riders buy and insure their bikes in the Spring or early Summer.

At the end of the season riders can often find deals when looking to buy a bike. Riders may not be aware that this is also a good time to insure the bike and here's why:

Insurer's have not yet adjusted their rates for the upcoming season. This is done in the winter or early Spring. Therefore, by insuring in the Fall a rider will always be riding the next season at the prior year's rates.

The potential drawback would be premiums decreasing. However let's face it, over the long haul premiums increase and having your renewal come due in the off season will be an advantage. This is particularly pertinent to the more volatile segments such as new riders and riders of super sport bikes.

I'd be happy to answer any questions and provide other ways to save money on your bike insurance. Just call.

Brian Duffy

I called John Duffy for insurance a summer ago and wouldn't consider insuring my gsxr 600 because it was from the US...
    Silly civic. Wings are for airplanes.

Wasn't this kind of thing the reason Jerry was kicked off the board?