price on minor headwork

Thread: price on minor headwork

price on minor headwork

I am not able for find a used head for my 2004 R1, so it looks as if I'm going to have to fix the one I have. Its not really bad at all. I dropped one intake valve in #4 cylinder and all I need to fix on this head is
    ~replace a cracked valve guide
    ~resurface the valve seat area (very minor mark, but I want a perfect seal)
    ~install new valve and spring

Can anyone give me an approx price to do this work (assuming that I am correct in that is all that needs to be done)? I have already been quoted a few prices that are very low, however I want to bring it to a guy that is reputable, and people on here recommend.
    thanks

Re: price on minor headwork

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=48833

Is this what are referring to?
    Did you call Gordie? You WILL NOT find anyone more reputed in Canada... or most of the states for that matter.
    I don't think you're going to convince Smokey Yunick to work on bikes.

yes that is exactly what i am talking about. I DID call Gordie and he was VERY helpful. I just dont really know him and I wanted to make sure I get a few good references for him off of here. You have given me exactly what I needed. Looks like I will be dropping it off to him for repair. Thanks again for all the help guys.

Gord is good albeit slow.
    His old partner in crime Frank Lietner works at Steffan Engine works. Also does top work. The owners name is Brad he has been building engines since before Henry Ford and has a top machine shop 905-728-8916
    I can do it as well if you need it done lighttwins@yahoo.com