Suspension set up and spring rates

Thread: Suspension set up and spring rates

Suspension set up and spring rates

Been looking further into some issues I found with my bikes that have opened my eyes to a few things. Need some advice here.

I'm a lightweight (no, that's not the revelation, har har har) and I can not properly acheive a satisfactory "sag" measurement on my bikes. I'm sure i'm not alone as there are plenty of other lightweight riders out there - particularly those that need to lower their bike i'm sure - that could stand to GAIN either performance and/or longevity of components with proper spring rates.

So here's the question - when someone needs a SOFTER spring rate wtf do they do?!??!! The market does not cater to this on the large, as typical aftermarket offerings supply stiffer rates (even then usually noted as racing components).

I know that an alternative for the rear is to purchase an aftermarket shock and select a spring rate to suit, which can be a very successfull solution, but some people don't want to have to spend $1000 on a rear shock. While a successfull option, it's also a very expensive solution.

And then ..... what about the front?!?!?

PATIA!
    Andrew
    '05 CB919 and '04 CB599 shared with the missus (Jenerator)

Re: Suspension set up and spring rates

go to racetech.com
    input your info
    if they have a solution it should be listed

Quote Originally Posted by STORMTRO0PER View Post
    Been looking further into some issues I found with my bikes that have opened my eyes to a few things. Need some advice here.

I'm a lightweight (no, that's not the revelation, har har har) and I can not properly acheive a satisfactory "sag" measurement on my bikes. I'm sure i'm not alone as there are plenty of other lightweight riders out there - particularly those that need to lower their bike i'm sure - that could stand to GAIN either performance and/or longevity of components with proper spring rates.

So here's the question - when someone needs a SOFTER spring rate wtf do they do?!??!! The market does not cater to this on the large, as typical aftermarket offerings supply stiffer rates (even then usually noted as racing components).

I know that an alternative for the rear is to purchase an aftermarket shock and select a spring rate to suit, which can be a very successfull solution, but some people don't want to have to spend $1000 on a rear shock. While a successfull option, it's also a very expensive solution.

And then ..... what about the front?!?!?

PATIA!