Now this is good Auto-Drama!!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now this is good Auto-Drama!!!

Re: Now this is good Auto-Drama!!!

My street is a 40km/hr limit, i love it in the winter when ppl do 40+ down the street and come to the bottom where there is a nice 90 degree turn and end up on our front lawn makes me laugh, but people are so dumb, i think one person even hit the light post. I don't know how people can do that in the winter. ilove sliding around corners but ive never wound up on someones lawn :s, Good article though, people shouldnt do more the 40-50ish down roads with lots of houses and kids IMO.

Jeff_89

Maybe speed wasnt the main issue, did anyone think that it could be due to inexperiance. or maybe the media just believes what they want to and ignores the bigger issue. There are too many inexperianced drivers on the roads. They should of been an outrage for better driver education.

Gh0sT

Unhappy Re: Now this is good Auto-Drama!!!

30km/h? Any slower, and you'd have to put the car in neutral and push it.

Jeff_89

Quote Originally Posted by Gh0sT View Post
    30km/h? Any slower, and you'd have to put the car in neutral and push it.
    that would save fuel costs... lol

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    well...it WAS an editorial wasn't it?
    So at least one person on this board understands the difference between a news piece, an editorial and a column?

Fantastic, and here I thought it was a secret only journalists knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Royson View Post
    So at least one person on this board understands the difference between a news piece, an editorial and a column?

Fantastic, and here I thought it was a secret only journalists knew.
    Perhaps that's because media outlets like Faux (Fox) News have purposely blurred that line and several Canadian outlets have followed suit, to a greater or lesser degree?
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkee View Post
    suburban street is usually 40km/h. So he probably driving 70km/h on the local street. It might be okay if its big street without lot of driveways, but its probably unreasonable on a small street with lot of driveways and cars park on the side.
    I agree.

You all realize they are talking about side streets right?

In my neighborhood if there are cars parked on the sides of the road only one car can pass through. Yet still there are a few of the younger generation who feel the need to do 70kph or faster down my street.

All the driver training in the world won't stop your vehicle any faster when a little kid chases a ball out in front of you.
    05 DRZ400SM
    93 ZX-7
    02 RM125

[quote=Rob MacLennan;490193]A 30 Kmh limit? Has anyone here actually tried driving at 30 Kmh for any length of time? Create unrealistic limits like that and people will certainly ignore them quote]

There are actually lots of streets in Toroto with a 30km/h limit. They are all in residential areas and most are near schools. It is hard to drive at 30 km/h but in areas where there are children is it not worth it?
    ROADRASH - A mid winter skin condition caused by the stress of not riding my bike!!
    http://madleyphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by 7614 View Post
    There are actually lots of streets in Toroto with a 30km/h limit. They are all in residential areas and most are near schools. It is hard to drive at 30 km/h but in areas where there are children is it not worth it?
    I think that it makes more sense to have a realistic speed limit and make sure that drivers do their due diligence.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde