Beware- Sulphur Springs Road/ Mineral Springs Road

Thread: Beware- Sulphur Springs Road/ Mineral Springs Road

Beware- Sulphur Springs Road/ Mineral Springs Road

Beware this road. Me and my buddy were riding it a week ago, ive ridden it a few times, but my buddy never has, and on one of the Hairpin turns, he didnt check his speed, and top sided on it. Hes ok, broke a mirror on his bike and his windscreen, but damn, it was freaky. Unless you have ridden this road before, take it very slowly... it can be very fun, as long as you know what your doing. Slow and steady, until you learn it.

Re: Beware- Sulphur Springs Road/ Mineral Springs Road

Like I mentioned in another post, fun road but not for newbs. Glad to hear your buddy is alright.

Wait, did this happen this past weekend? I took a boot through there with my car and saw a couple of bikes stopped just by the switchbacks but they looked alright.
    Please promote spelling and grammar:
    www.engrish.com

Quote Originally Posted by z31tt View Post
    Like I mentioned in another post, fun road but not for newbs. Glad to hear your buddy is alright.

Wait, did this happen this past weekend? I took a boot through there with my car and saw a couple of bikes stopped just by the switchbacks but they looked alright.
    You don't drive a Beemer do you? Model and colour?

As for Sulphur Springs/Mineral Springs, it's a kick arse road but it WILL bite you in the arse if you don't know what's coming. It's hard to get a slick rhythm through there. Gravel driveways, rubbernecking sunday drivers, bad pavement, think mini-Southwood with more critters. To extend the fun hook up with Crooks Hollow road a little bit to the North.

I grew up pedaling my bicycle down that road and know that road by who and what has crashed in every corner. The duct tape currently holding my fairing together is from that bastage road
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post
    You don't drive a Beemer do you? Model and
    Nah, I'm not one of the Ancaster folk. I'm in a red older Audi Quattro.
    Please promote spelling and grammar:
    www.engrish.com

Where is this road located?
    My ride: Suzuki GSX-R600

this road is in ancaster, going down from the mountain to dundas. You can access it through lovers lane i think? Its an awsome street course, but you have to be careful. No it wasnt this weekend, it was last week that it happened. Like i said, great street course, but i suggest driving down it in your car a few times until you know whats ahead before you try it on your bike... (theres a couple of 90dg turns there, and some are closer to 180dg tight turns).

103 deg w/43% grade in that last posted 10km/h turn (laser surveyed it for OAC Geography project )

z31tt: Was showing acoupla guys from Guelph/Waterloo the area last weekend and ended up playing tag with an older 318 Beemer through Sulphur Springs and Crooks Hollow. First time I had to work keeping up to a cage through there, whomever it was was flinging that thing around like a pro.

Loc: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...0338&z=14&om=1

It's not exactly in the middle of nowhere and gets some traffic on the weekends, better in the off hours during the week.
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post
    103 deg w/43% grade in that last posted 10km/h turn (laser surveyed it for OAC Geography project )

z31tt: Was showing acoupla guys from Guelph/Waterloo the area last weekend and ended up playing tag with an older 318 Beemer through Sulphur Springs and Crooks Hollow. First time I had to work keeping up to a cage through there, whomever it was was flinging that thing around like a pro.

Loc: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...0338&z=14&om=1

It's not exactly in the middle of nowhere and gets some traffic on the weekends, better in the off hours during the week.
    and it was a sweet road thanx for leading the way, but damn miatas

Nas