Group ride - 150 the whole way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Group ride - 150 the whole way

Group ride - 150 the whole way

Who's down? From Toronto to London or Sauga to Durham, one thousand bikes strong doing 150kph safely and respectfully. Anyone?

Half Man Half Amazing

Re: Group ride - 150 the whole way

1000 bikes, doin 150, Gangsta.

Quote Originally Posted by roadtoruin View Post
    Who's down? From Toronto to London or Sauga to Durham, one thousand bikes strong doing 150kph safely and respectfully. Anyone?
    LOL, and what's that going to prove?

Thats a cool idea!! Honestly though, how long would that last? As soon as the riders see the red cherries on behind them how many of them are gonna try out the top speed on their machine--50-60% and then the media would just run with the "hooligan bike" theme as they always have.

D

You are GUARANTEED a speeding ticket of 49kmh over the limit

If you did manage to get 1000 people from this site...you could just ride 80-90-100 kmh across the lanes BUT then what would it be that you are bringing attention to.

With this type of traffic on the 401 I doubt u can hit 120km/h for 10 mins with 1000 bikes.

Just my thought
    Resident Loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    With this type of traffic on the 401 I doubt u can hit 120km/h for 10 mins with 1000 bikes.

Just my thought
    true. but if we ride on the shoulder and lane split we can manage that speed.
    "Fantino has been quoted saying he is "satisfied" with the 41 per cent conviction rate under the new law. I'm glad he's not running a brain surgery school" - Kenzie

Kriptik Riders: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2317743102
    Fighting a Ticket: http://www.roadwarriors.ca/ontario_traffic_tickets_speeding_tickets_tutorial
    http://www.naseinvestors.com
    http://www.jafrum.com

Quote Originally Posted by D View Post
    ...you could just ride 80-90-100 kmh across the lanes BUT then what would it be that you are bringing attention to.
    100 would be OK, but isn't "purposly slowing down traffic" covered under bill 203 as well?

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...hlight=slowing
    Last edited by tat2; 11-04-2007 at 09:05 PM. Reason: added link
    Chris
    Stoney Creek
    2008 KLR650+

Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    100 would be OK, but isn't "purposly slowing down traffic" covered under bill 203 as well?

But you'd have no choice but to follow the posted speed limit, can't get in trouble for following the law, can ya?

Covering 3 lanes at 100km/hr is illegal, I believe it is obstruction.

Is that 150 mph,if it isn't count me out,gotta at least make the national on CBC,you lead

Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post

If we have 100+ riders going 100, I doubt we can get into trouble for taking up all the lanes, even in a 5 lane that's 20 per lane.

An aerial picture would be beautiful...

if it gets organized i'm in
    A bike is like a girl friend - expensive and high maintanance but it's all worth the ride...

Sauga area, always up for a ride if i'm not busy. Drop me a pm...

ditto....that and if its a weekend

I wouldn't be holding my breath on this one.
    Luc Treau de Coeli

I think doing 100KM/h would say a lot more than doing 150+. I remember there was a case where some teacher with a friend did that and got a ticket. That is pure hypocrisy. The sign says 100KM/h. It does not say 100KM/h + 10 at your own digression. If you can get a ticket for going 100 it clearly means that the speed limits are too low.
    Hypothetical scenario. On a 80 two lane road some guy behind you wants to do 130KM/h. You can not move to the other lane. What do you do? Go 130? That is a ticket. Go 80? That is obstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    I think doing 100KM/h would say a lot more than doing 150+. I remember there was a case where some teacher with a friend did that and got a ticket. That is pure hypocrisy. The sign says 100KM/h. It does not say 100KM/h + 10 at your own digression. If you can get a ticket for going 100 it clearly means that the speed limits are too low.
    Hypothetical scenario. On a 80 two lane road some guy behind you wants to do 130KM/h. You can not move to the other lane. What do you do? Go 130? That is a ticket. Go 80? That is obstruction.
    You obviously don't ride around Fergus or Guelph that much LOL. 80 is 80 on a 2 lane blacktop, no one would ever get a ticket regardless how many cars (lunatic tailgaters, the lot) back up behind them. To the people doing 80 (and there are an awful lot of them out there), you're a freakin' maniac if you were to pass them and go 100kmph. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pearl View Post
    If we have 100+ riders going 100, I doubt we can get into trouble for taking up all the lanes, even in a 5 lane that's 20 per lane.

An aerial picture would be beautiful...
    Failure to give way to the right, for faster moving traffic, is an offence. The speed of the overtaking traffic isn't material to the issue. Five hundred tractors illegally on the 401 and blocking all lanes wouldn't be cited. You can bet that 100 motorcyclists would.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

So theoretically if everyone did 150 on 401 it would be legal? What is the legal speed limit?

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    So theoretically if everyone did 150 on 401 it would be legal? What is the legal speed limit?
    No, you are forgetting the rule about keeping right except to pass. This does not mean only the left most lane, but any lane to the left is for passing. Obviously a single lane road is not part of this rule, since you do not have a lane to the left to pass in.
    The legal speed limit is what is posted on the signs.