2007 progression report!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2007 progression report!

2007 progression report!

Its been a great year for myself and my skills have improved alot, aswell Ive added a ton of tricks to my bag.

Coasters sitdown, stand up, and just started woking on SS coasters
    Seat stander circles and off the peg combos RALPH LOOOOOOUIE!
    Stand up circles to the left, figure 8 circles, with clutch stalls in between
    SS stalls with jump back to SS and clutch out
    Broke my fear of high speed stoppies and am now able to roll 200ft
    180 stoppies both ways

A few guys came out really strong at the end of the season, and I have to say my "most improved rider" award would have to go to Shelly of RD...In a very short time he went from power wheeling to 12ing, idling and now steering idle on the verge of getting circles...And on the most pigish 600 Ive ever ridden 01-03 GSXR6, if he gets on a 636 or F4i everyone better step it up or get plowed over...Hes closely followed by Spyder who has also come a long way in a short period of time...MAD RESPECT to those guys for stepping it up gettting stuntbikes and comming out big! Not talking about it(like the rest), just comming out and doing it!

So has anyone else had a good season? learn anything new, big plans for next season?

It would be cool to get everyone together one last time before the freeze hits us.....

Re: 2007 progression report!

LOL GTAM edited "most P I G I S H" to policeish......LOL

Seiko came outta nowhere with the circles and stepped his game up about 300% from his gsxr days.....riding streets is gettin old....I need something on a trailor....

Quote Originally Posted by biggie636 View Post
    Seiko came outta nowhere with the circles and stepped his game up about 300% from his gsxr days.....riding streets is gettin old....I need something on a trailor....
    He did step up his game, but he always had it he was just too much of a pretty boy. He used to clean his bike way too much...LOL...He has been stunting the same amount of time as me, he just never pushed hard in the past...Example in 3 years Ive been through 5 crash cages, 4 sets of bodywork, 2 motors, frames, rearsets, headlights, 3 set of wheels etc etc....And he was on the same cage and only dropped his bike 2 or 3 times in 3 years....

Now he drops his bike at least once every session and hes learning stuff, go figure....I like to say if your not crashing, your not trying hard enough, and your not learning either......

Same goes for your brother, he wasnt improving much with that minty bike of his all season. He crashed it on the street recently, we ziptied it togehter and now he doesnt seem to worry so much about how it looks. And now all of a sudden in only 3 days hes doing slow wheelies and 12 oclocks....Hummm do you see a pattern? I do crash and learn, ziptie that ****, crash again and learn more....

Time for you to step it up and start crashing you own bike for yourself, and not let everyone beat on it....NO?

I've probably spent well over 20 grand on that thing over the last 2 years from aftermarket parts to insurance to good ol Forch.....I'm sicka fighting tickets, having idiots drop my **** and paying insurance....

From the begining of the summer til 2 days ago at the spot.... everyone has progressed with their skillls... its amazing.

Johnnny........ the Ralph Louuuieee is one of the SICkest tricks..... with the worst name posssible... rename that **** !

I was reallllllllllly impressed with the bosss the other night. I havent seen him in the lots in the longest time..... then outta no where he's coasting stand ups like its nothing....it was wikkked

It seems as tho everyone at one point in the lot was alll about the circles. It was fun to watch 3 bikes at a time doin circles....would've been good video footage too.

Everyone stepped up their game and its good to see.

Good Job

did you mean to write 20 ft stoppies or 200?

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    did you mean to write 20 ft stoppies or 200?
    It says 200 ft and I meant 200 ft, I was stuck at about 50ft for a long time.....

That's really good man. The rest of the tricks are awesome too..

Thanks its been a really good year for me, didnt get hurt too much and didnt break too much on the bike either....

How about you guys? Anything new? Havent had a chance to ride with any of you guys, so I have no idea what level your at.....Is anyone out there doing technical stuff like circle combos?

This season was my first season starting wheelies.. I skipped power wheelies and went straight to learning clutch ups and only recently found a legit spot.. Over the season my goal was to be able to scrape my 12 bar atleast once before winter and I did that like 2 days ago so I'm hyped.. To go from nothing to scraping my bar is pretty cool, and I like the feeling of doing something new.. Now its time to set more goals so I don't get stuck in a deadspot

Keep up the good work everyone... I wanna see some CDN Names in the top 10 in US comps next season!!!

This season I will call a growing period.... Season started looking promising as I was set to ride with local sponser on a brand new Kawasaki KX250F... deal went sour shortly after some marriage issues caused the loss of the bike and the sponser... lesson learned.

Bought a street bike to set up as a stunt bike but was forced to sell after an accident riding at Tapps.... Spent four months on the DL with broken wrist,hand,thumb

Season ended on a good note snagging a new sponser for next season and both a support ride and a race bike....

Support ride... 02CRF450
    Race bike for next season 08CRF450X

Looking forward to better things to come. and to taking top spot in CMX GP Class.

I can do circles

Congrats to you Johnny, on your "Deep Bag". It's great to see how much you've accomplished since 04. You might not be the best yet, but you are my favorite stunter and I think you make those around you better(or at least try harder).

As for me, 07 was a good comeback year...so far(it ain't done yet). I didn't add much to my bag, but I did learn Standup Coasters and Circles.

My biggest achievment in 07, was my ability to return to stunting after my 06 injuries. I also regained my strength and confidence, I didn't know if my body could take the abuse without re-injury.

Comeback completed!!
    Where My Rode Dawgs At!!

Thanks but Im only as good as I am because I was one of few out here trying, that might change if I dont keep on my toes now with all the new guys out here pushing it.

I have more fun at the spots now then ever, nothing better then seeing other people trying new things and feeding off eachother. And its great to see other people besides me dropping their bikes...LOL Picking them up and trying again, Shel and Spy both broke pretty big parts but were back the next day...And I saw you pull a classy roll the other night, you probably didnt need to through in that roll....but it looked good...Your at the cont"rolled" crash level now, and it only gets less painfull from there...Sucked that it had to be you, but now we know to be more careful with who we let ride around us...

So +12 tommorrow afternoon, whos in?

Quote Originally Posted by jackson View Post
    Congrats to you Johnny, on your "Deep Bag". It's great to see how much you've accomplished since 04. You might not be the best yet, but you are my favorite stunter and I think you make those around you better(or at least try harder).

As for me, 07 was a good comeback year...so far(it ain't done yet). I didn't add much to my bag, but I did learn Standup Coasters and Circles.

My biggest achievment in 07, was my ability to return to stunting after my 06 injuries. I also regained my strength and confidence, I didn't know if my body could take the abuse without re-injury.

Comeback completed!!

I wish I could be out tommorrow but my spot's only available on week days

I'm jealous....

I've learned how to change a diaper really fast this season!!!! Having a kid takes up a lot of time. I learned NOTHING this year. Hell I only rode about 10 times ..3 times on the stunt bike. Went from rolling 300 ft stoppies 2 seasons ago to 50ft stoppies this season! hahaha Note to self---- Don't sell your 929 if stoppies are your favourite trick! All in all I am hoping that I can get back in the scene a lil more next season..Got my wife a bike of her own so she can go riding when I need to go stunting. So all you guys learning stuff..... hell yeah!!! Keep it up and like I said before...

I'm jealous
    Pm me if you need something painted!!!

i wasted this summer doin nothing, stupid go green bs....

anyway next year ill drop that go green project, no job, maybe a snowman..
    that will give me some time to go play on my 636...

but hai~ second year on a bike went from no wheeli to at least poping a baby wheeli next stop pop it higher to slow **** down i guess

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Thanks its been a really good year for me, didnt get hurt too much and didnt break too much on the bike either....

How about you guys? Anything new? Havent had a chance to ride with any of you guys, so I have no idea what level your at.....Is anyone out there doing technical stuff like circle combos?
    No circles in Windsor..There is a guy in Chatham that does them but he only came down once to ride..I don't practice anymore since it's not fun doing it by myself. The only thing others can do are 2nd gear standups (oldschool)..

I'm still working on circles though..I've just progressed my coasters this year and started doing highchairs..Riding idle and doing no throttle hands is something i've learened this year too but that's about it...I'd like to come up and ride with some of you guys and learn a thing or two about circles