Harassment Advice?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harassment Advice?

Harassment Advice?

Hey all,

Just looking to see if anyone else has some experience in dealing with some harassment and could offer some advice. My GF's mom is very controlling, bipolar, and overall just a really nasty *****. She often goes through extreme mood swings, and when things get bad, she calls and harasses me. She used to leave messages religiously, but they have cut down since she was warned by the police (from someone else she used to harass). I have about 35 of her vulgar rants saved on my phone, with a couple of them threatening me indirectly.

She still calls now, but most of the time she will wait till i pick up, or leave hangup messages. Most of the time Ill get phone call after phone call, and it will be at random times. (The most recent was 7 times at 3:30-4 am).

I know I can call and get her arrested for harassment, but I dont think that would be good in the long term. I was thinking restraining order, but that seems pretty excessive as well, and it might not be a good long term solution. Im working full time, and in school full time, so I dont want to be in and out of courtrooms, because I dont have the time for it. She is a very vindictive person with a lot of resources, so I want to keep damage control to a minimum.

Anyone been through this before and can offer advice? Police? Social workers? Hells Angels Members? (joking)....
    "When he was arrested, he started crying, telling the officer he was arrested for all the same things only seven days ago."
    BIBOWNED!!!!

Re: Harassment Advice?

New girlfriend maybe?

I would be worried about Heredity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heredity

Kill two birds with one stone.
    Last edited by eastcoast_gsx; 11-01-2007 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Damn spelling....

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    New girlfriend maybe?

I would be worried about Heredity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heredity

Kill two birds with one stone.
    +1

Like mother like daughter....

The apple doesn't fall too far from the crazy tree.
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Block her numbers from your phones!

JP

Why is the daughter not helping you?

Drop this one like hot rock. As said before,,
    Like Mother like daughter.

D

blocking phone# may not work, she will use other phones.

since you are keeping GF what if you:
    1. get a new phone# and DO NOT let her find out
    2. have your gf put downers in her moms cornflakes and toothpaste (kidding)
    3. play a game with her mom, get her to put on a straight jacket...now tape her mouth...drop her off at some mental health facility.
    4. YOU call her first at odd hours, just ask her how are you, I am at Mac's milk, need anything. Do it a few times, make her sleep deprived or Start singing to her, then she will think you are crazeeeee

Option1 is a place to start
    Last edited by D; 11-01-2007 at 05:44 PM.

Yup. She sounds retarded. Does you gf know about this? If so, why isn't she interfering?
    "Fantino has been quoted saying he is "satisfied" with the 41 per cent conviction rate under the new law. I'm glad he's not running a brain surgery school" - Kenzie

Kriptik Riders: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2317743102
    Fighting a Ticket: http://www.roadwarriors.ca/ontario_traffic_tickets_speeding_tickets_tutorial
    http://www.naseinvestors.com
    http://www.jafrum.com

Sit down with your gf and have a talk about what her mother is doing and how it's effecting your relationship. Try to make her understand the pressure your under because of work, and school, and how it's effecting that. If she doesn't believe you, show her the times she's called, and also let her hear the voicemail.

Another option is to put your phone on silent when your working/studying/sleeping.

Last option is to change your number, and only give it to your GF if she accepts an agreement not to tell her mother.
    ...-=:Alien_Soldier:=-...
    The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We
    have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.
    -Einstein

Sleep with her.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Sleep with her.
    BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just might work!

If not, get rid of the girlfriend.
    http://www.maximumcycle.ca
    ^^^^my first website!^^^^

another option??

Get caller ID. Pick up calls of ppl u know. Others just ignore, let them leave a message and get back to them. If its important, they will leave a message. Retarded messages?? u just delete.
    Resident Loudmouth

She needs to be evaluate by a psychiatrist and put on medication for her condition. I am dead serious.

She needs a good shaggin,

Gimme her number, we'll go on a double date, I'll take one for the team.

You'll have to cover if my wife calls though!

I was expecting some smartass comments. I wasnt expecting them to be so funny.

I should have added, the GF knows that her mom is harassing. I give her **** sometimes, but she cant control her mom. Her mom harasses everyone, but mostly me. I cant block anyone on my cell phone, but she can (and has) blocked me. And Id sooner formally charge her than give up my phone number (I have an awesome number).
    "When he was arrested, he started crying, telling the officer he was arrested for all the same things only seven days ago."
    BIBOWNED!!!!

Get a bunch of people together with lots of duct tape. Tape her to a fence and soak her with the garden hose until she apologises. The neighbours probably hate her too, so they would probably be very supportive of your activities.

This works really well with my son, so why not with the gf's mother.???

Angus..
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    You'll have to cover if my wife calls though!
    Just let me know when your going, I will keep her busy for you, I promise... no calls from her

There are lots of people here that work shifts. Post her phone number here, and people can randomly call in the middle of the night when they're bored.

fight fire with fire.

if you answer the phone and it's her and she's hostile -just unload on her. Give her an expletive loaded tirade for as long as it takes for her to tire out and hang up (either that or for her to get REALLY worked up and have a stroke).

The way to win this is to NOT turn the other cheek or try to avoid her - if you stay with your GF you want to be walking on egg shells the rest of your life?

The way to beat this terrorism is to ignore the wimpy 'avoid or pacify' arguments and hit back and not in a passive aggresit way do it in a REAL assertive (maybe a little aggresive way). Who knows, maybe she's never had anyone stand up to her and may (eventually) respect you more for it.

Suggestions>>
    1. Why are you calling me? I have more FFFFING pressing issues to attend than to chat with a FFFFING senile old CCCC.
    2. Your daughter is my FFFFNG property, I don't care for your input to my matters.
    3. You have no influence on me
    4. Shhh.
    5. You are not a worthy adversary. I just thought I'd mention that.
    6. I'm sorry, you have a way of saying things that by the end of them I'm really not sure what the FFFF you're asking. Was there a question in all of that?
    7. Thank you for your call. But next time wait for me to call you - k thankx bye.
    _/\_/\ . ÷ z z z Z ZZ
    ,,,-_-,,,

Bring everything you need and nothing you don't.

Just drive her over the edge....

When she calls you pretend that you are taking it to her daughter good and hard... ask her if she wants some... be very graphic and loud... Do it for real if you are a terrible actor

She may just pop a vessel and mellow out

1).. block all the numbers you have listed of her calling (by blocking these numbers doesnt necessarily mean it's telling the person you've blocked them but either tells them you are unavailable OR sends them voicemail).

2).. tell her she needs to get laid more often and provide her with Reciprocity's telephone number