Just a thought...

Thread: Just a thought...

Just a thought...

with this new law and all...I think I speak for A LOT of people when I say........ if someone is driving/riding 50+ the speed limit...and big bad cruiser tries to catch them.....isn't this law making it even MORE dangerous because frankly I would NOT want to ever stop if I knew "If i stop...my car is gone n my wallet is going to be hit pretty hard".......why the HELL would you stop? (Unless forced)

All I'm saying and getting out of this stupid law is...congratz for making speeders need to speed even Faster to get the hell away from you p1gs because if they stop, they will be in more trouble than ever before...

Last Year:- 50+ over speed limit...cop comes...driver says..aww shyt.. n pulls over.

Now:- 50+ over speed limit..cop comes...driver says...****! *speeds even faster making a dangerous situation even MORE dangerous because of the outcome if he stops......

............. just sayin...

Re: Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by KevinHorvath24 View Post
    with this new law and all...I think I speak for A LOT of people when I say........ if someone is driving/riding 50+ the speed limit...and big bad cruiser tries to catch them.....isn't this law making it even MORE dangerous because frankly I would NOT want to ever stop if I knew "If i stop...my car is gone n my wallet is going to be hit pretty hard".......why the HELL would you stop? (Unless forced)

All I'm saying and getting out of this stupid law is...congratz for making speeders need to speed even Faster to get the hell away from you p1gs because if they stop, they will be in more trouble than ever before...

Last Year:- 50+ over speed limit...cop comes...driver says..aww shyt.. n pulls over.

Now:- 50+ over speed limit..cop comes...driver says...****! *speeds even faster making a dangerous situation even MORE dangerous because of the outcome if he stops......

............. just sayin...
    Unless you are in a vehicle that is CAPABLE of out running a cruiser in the first place you'd be an *** hat to even TRY to run. Not to mention that it will probably end very badly.
    If I got nabbed at 150 I wouldnt even think of running. Death is worse than taking a bus. But thats just me.
    If you try to make it idiot-proof, someone will just make a better idiot....

Personally, before if I was doing 50 or over, I would have stopped. Now, no, I would be gone...
    Blast up the road a few exits, get off the highway and get out of site. The chase is done... Running does not equal instant death.. Stopping might as well.
    99 R1, SS Swing Arm, Mag rims, wolf undertail exaust... and more toys not going to mention.
    02 Gsxr 1000

Im not saying everyone will run, but the man who needs his car, who is low on cash... u get my point...he/she will probably run because if he stops...........to him..its worse than running..

I'm on the fence over this issue. On one hand, I've had people who said tha6t they would never run in the past, remark that this will result in them running from this point on.

On the other, I think that those who would run now, would have run before this new law hit the books and that those who wouldn't run in the past still wouldn't, despite what they say.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Here is my point, lets say you grab a handful of throttle on an on ramp, get the knee down a bit down the straight away at the bottom, look down at your speedo and your doing 150+ (That can happen in no time flat).. The road is empty but there is Mr. OPP looking to destroy your life. Now in the past I would have stopped before he was even up to me, because I know even if it wasn't reduced on the side of the road I could have it reduced in court easy. But now for me it would destroy everything..
    I don't have much money, I need my license to work, and thats all I have ever done for work (driving) If I loose my license I loose my job, I loose all chances of a job anywhere and I have no skills to go elsewhere. So I loose my house, can't feed my family, can't pay any bills... Life is basically over.
    Now don't give me that crap about never doing that on a ramp. So many people have done it and will do it. Im talking about the nice summer day, the perfect ramp and so on... No cars.... Is it worth running... Yes.. But use your head.
    Is running right? No, but for me, the punishment it WAY to harsh. Lets see, drop the knee or break 150, and loose your ride, license, job, house, can't feed your wife and kids, can't pay the bills, feel like sh*t because you can't do anything.... Yep... Gone!! the the bike is at home in hiding...
    Should you run? You better know how to ride and understand the risk.. And understand the risk of getting caught..

Someone riding a small bike might not understand that because they basically have to obey the law.. But talk to people riding super sports.. Some people might not understand you can break 150 before you even know it.. Just crack it off a ramp and bang. your over 150...
    Last edited by RoadHogg; 11-02-2007 at 01:38 PM.
    99 R1, SS Swing Arm, Mag rims, wolf undertail exaust... and more toys not going to mention.
    02 Gsxr 1000

I always had the opinion that if you do the crime you do the time, until now.

It's hard to say what I would do. I can tell you this though:

Whether I stop or not doesn't matter. If a cop wants my bike, he is going to work for it.
    05 DRZ400SM
    93 ZX-7
    02 RM125

Quote Originally Posted by GSPLover View Post
    Unless you are in a vehicle that is CAPABLE of out running a cruiser in the first place you'd be an *** hat to even TRY to run. Not to mention that it will probably end very badly.
    If I got nabbed at 150 I wouldnt even think of running. Death is worse than taking a bus. But thats just me.
    dude you dont need a fast vehicle (sure it helps) just skills.i got away from them before on a ysr50 and a durango..
    like i said skills

I would always stop before. Now, the punishment is the same if I pull over or I run and get caught. The chances that I get caught are probably only 10%. People argue that not stopping ends in a crash, loss of life, etc. So now, I would run. I wouldn't go stupid and crash, I would simply go faster than the cop can go in his cage and the chase is over in 30-60 seconds.

I do have to say that I have thought about getting a big cruiser type bike now, you know the ones, they cough, fart, sputter, and make a lot of noise but don't go very fast.
    Keep the front wheel in the air and the shiny side up.

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa
    Current bikes- 08 Busa, 06 Hon CRF50

Angry Re: Just a thought...

Running...well they have to prove you saw them...

If I was going over 150, I'm lookinng forward, not backward, so its not running, its speeding.

The new law is retarted, in Germany there are sections on no speed limit, and the most area's are 130 KM/h, and they have much less crashes then we do.

They need to get better drivers, and the crappy ones either learn how to drive, or get them off the road.

I've seen my share of ********** going through RED (not yellow turning Red) RED lights, and these people WILL kill a biker in a second, and hurt you really bad in a car (if you go when your light is green, and not check before you go...I wait to make sure they are stopping, I don't want them to use me as their brakes!
    2000 Blue & Silver Hayabusa
    1982 GS1100SZ Katana