View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: crazy chase

Re: Now 15 New Law Threads Merged To 1

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    They just solved the problem of vague laws by taking the process of trial out of the equation. No more pesky people fighting tickets and winning.
    The only thing that they could potentially miss out on at trial, is the $2K to $10K fine.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

If this idiot will stick to the law of more than 50Km/speed on original speed limit. I guess soon time there will not be traffic problem on the 400 series. because all the cars are impounded and no one is driving..
    I see all the time no one is driving on 100Km/hour.. everyone is going over 130km/hour... there should be no rule of 50 over..

and on top this peeps don't even give a trial .. it is no question asked rule.. they impound your car and fine you on the spot...
    To Achive The Possible, We Must Attempt The Impossible.
    -----------
    02 Suzuki GSX-R600 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by hindustani420 View Post
    If this idiot will stick to the law of more than 50Km/speed on original speed limit. I guess soon time there will not be traffic problem on the 400 series. because all the cars are impounded and no one is driving..
    I see all the time no one is driving on 100Km/hour.. everyone is going over 130km/hour... there should be no rule of 50 over..

and on top this peeps don't even give a trial .. it is no question asked rule.. they impound your car and fine you on the spot...
    The 50-over issue is virtually irrelevant to me. The limit is the limit and they can handle that issue as they see fit. I don't really care to debate the relative merits of high speeds.

The real issues, the ones that no one is talking about in the media and the ones the proponents of this law gloss over, are the punishment that precedes any finding of guilt, and all of the subjective "racing" and "stunting" definitions that have nothing to do with going 50-over.

If you fight this law on the terms that the government, police, and media want you to, the 50-over issue, then you WILL lose.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    The 50-over issue is virtually irrelevant to me. The limit is the limit and they can handle that issue as they see fit. I don't really care to debate the relative merits of high speeds.

The real issues, the ones that no one is talking about in the media and the ones the proponents of this law gloss over, are the punishment that precedes any finding of guilt, and all of the subjective "racing" and "stunting" definitions that have nothing to do with going 50-over.

If you fight this law on the terms that the government, police, and media want you to, the 50-over issue, then you WILL lose.
    Agreed. Same for trying to fight it on the grounds that wheelies, stoppies, etc. are ok in certain circumstances.

The questions we should be asking revolve around how the definition is applied, and who is authorized to apply the definition. Wheelies, stoppies, aggressive lane changes, etc., seem pretty cut-and-dried when you read about them, but out in the real world things are messy and sometimes confusing.

I hope guys like this aren't being trusted to apply it. Unfortunately, he was...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...71031.wwills31

--- D
    Last edited by Duster929; 10-31-2007 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster929 View Post
    Agreed. Same for trying to fight it on the grounds that wheelies, stoppies, etc. are ok in certain circumstances.

The questions we should be asking revolve around how the definition is applied, and who is authorized to apply the definition. Wheelies, stoppies, aggressive lane changes, etc., seem pretty cut-and-dried when you read about them, but out in the real world things are messy and sometimes confusing.

I hope guys like this aren't being trusted to apply it. Unfortunately, he was...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...71031.wwills31

--- D
    The only stoppie that I've ever done in my life, including the odd occasion when I've actually TRIED to do one, was on the 410 south at the 401 ramp. I did a rolling stoppie from maybe 110 Kmh for probably 100 feet, on my VFR, when some wingnut swerved into my lane at half my speed while trying to get to the 403 exit.

There are circumstance in which both a wheelie and a stoppie should be permissible. They're just few and very far between.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    The only stoppie that I've ever done in my life, including the odd occasion when I've actually TRIED to do one, was on the 410 south at the 401 ramp. I did a rolling stoppie from maybe 110 Kmh for probably 100 feet, on my VFR, when some wingnut swerved into my lane at half my speed while trying to get to the 403 exit.

There are circumstance in which both a wheelie and a stoppie should be permissible. They're just few and very far between.
    I got hit my a lady a few weeks ago who side swipped me in my lane...ie she came up from behind me, hit my foot, hit the front left of my bike and kept going....we did catch her.

Now should I contact the police and ask that they increase her careless driving charge to stunting because she lane split?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnn View Post
    I got hit my a lady a few weeks ago who side swipped me in my lane...ie she came up from behind me, hit my foot, hit the front left of my bike and kept going....we did catch her.

Now should I contact the police and ask that they increase her careless driving charge to stunting because she lane split?
    No, you should have gotten her plate number and phoned it in as a hit and run.

Re: crazy chase

Unbelievable!!!!
    Don't blame the law...that's a load of crap and anyone with half a brain knows it. You're quite right...someone will die....it's an absolute 100% guarantee. With any luck at all, it will be only the criminally liable idiot who dies alone instead of cutting a car in half.
    Very easy way to not die or kill someone else....don't run!
    The law needs to be fixed...killing a family will ensure it never get's corrected!

the justification people use to run is the law, the decision to run is their own. The neccessity to chase them is the cops. The guilt for an innocent death should go to the person who choses.

Re: New speeding law in effect Saturday

"It came about because of the extraordinary carnage on our highways this past summer"

Did I miss something? EXTRAORDINARY CARNAGE!? WTF are these IDIOTS talking about?

"Also falling under the law will be motorists who cut off another vehicle"

Oh good, that will get rid of ATLEAST 50% of the cars on the road and will make my commute nice and quick.
    If you try to make it idiot-proof, someone will just make a better idiot....

Sure there have been some really stupid posts in all these threads, but in the "15 threads merged to one" there was actually quite a bit of intelligent conversation and debate.

Why has this thread now been renamed to "crazy chase"? What's going on, mods?

--- D

It's been renamed cuz i said so, they merged my thread into this one and decided to keep the kickass name i've come up with to discribe all the awesomeness that's been discussed here. Although i don't see what it has to do with the new bylaws hahaha