OPP Police Chief Fantino - are you serious? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OPP Police Chief Fantino - are you serious?

Re: OPP Police Chief Fantino - are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreak View Post
    And a fork can be considered a weapon...its all how you word it, or actually answer when asked what you are doing...
    No, in this case it's the way that you use it. If you're actively following police around, then expect to run afoul of the law, and legitimately at that.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Jeff_89

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    No, in this case it's the way that you use it. If you're actively following police around, then expect to run afoul of the law, and legitimately at that.
    Police are public servents, and have to except public scrutiny.
    So we can video taped when we get pulled over, enter a store, walk downtown(in some areas), etc but they cant be? They may not like your actions but as far as i no, they have to except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_89 View Post
    So we can video taped when we get pulled over, enter a store, walk downtown(in some areas), etc but they cant be? They may not like your actions but as far as i no, they have to except them.
    Don't fool yourself.

They don't have to accept anything - they can make life very interesting for you if you choose to push your luck against what they wish/request/demand.

I've seen a situation go down on a strike line, where someone wanted the name of an officer to go higher up the food-chain, and he got incredibly ****** by the request and took punitive measures in retaliation.. and yet he is required to provide it.

I'd just keep recording.. and whether he knows about it is immaterial.. any recordings are for purposes of your defence, not for furnishing evidence for him to use (remember, any recordings showing wrong-doing by you, can then be used against you!) or slapping him upside the head with it as an irritant at the stop.
    '99 Suzuki Bandit 1200 - '88 Hannigan Comet chair

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_89 View Post
    You apparently don't see any difference between entering an area that happens to have video security, and following someone around with a camera. As such, it is pointless for me to try and explain the concept of personal privacy to you.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Gh0sT

SpeedFreak

You dont get my point, if you say "i was following this officer for days and this is where i caught him doing something wrong" then u might have a problem.
    if you had half a brain you would say "i was recording something else when i noticed this officer doing blah blah blah..."

For every law theres a way around it...

You dont get my point, if you say "i was following this officer for days and this is where i caught him doing something wrong" then u might have a problem.
    if you had half a brain you would say "i was recording something else when i noticed this officer doing blah blah blah..."

For every law theres a way around it...
    ... unless you get caught red-handed.

Try telling that to Phil Spector

Quote Originally Posted by DUPPY View Post
    Try telling that to Phil Spector
    That's a case of two idiot jurors.

Somewhere...but I'm not lost. Well...maybe a little.

Personally, I like to have my camera rolling as much as possible. Just in case something goes wrong there is video evidence of what happened (ie. I'm in hospital with short-term memory loss). Yes...I'm aware that it can be used against me also, especially if I caused the incident. However, if I didn't...then I have some proof. The idea of being accused of something that I didn't do has always left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Personally, I'm not a stunter, I've never popped a wheelie on public roads, I don't "thread the needle" in traffic, nor do I usually come close to +50, so having prove of that should I get pulled over for any part of the new law will come in handy.

"Chasing" a cruiser (or anyone else for that matter) to video tape them breaking the law isn't on my todo list since I would also be capturing evidence of me breaking the law (ie. speeding) to do so. But now I'm more likely to submit my video to law enforcement when some cager makes an illegal left turn in front of me. If I feel that someone has put my life at risk, then I will look at the tape to see if I got their plates right before I had to swerve off the road.

SpeedFreak

Then deny it...cant do **** unless they can prove it

Then deny it...cant do **** unless they can prove it
    That shouldn't be too tough, if you're following an officer around. Next thing you know, there are 3 unmarkeds blocking you in, asking why you've been following and videoing an officer for the last hour.