OPP Police Chief Fantino - are you serious?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OPP Police Chief Fantino - are you serious?

OPP Police Chief Fantino - are you serious?

I heard Julian Fantino on the radio yesterday saying they have seized about 1200 cars and charged that same number of people with racing since the new law came into effect. Wow- congratulations......I wonder how many impaired charges were laid which secured a conviction????

Fantino's comments bring to mind a couple thoughts.

With this many "maniacs", as they are portrayed by the police, on the road I wonder how many accidents these 1200 people caused.....or were they just racing against themselves along the 407 where the traffic regularly flows at 140 or so.

Secondly, and prepare yourself for this next statement:

Chief Fantino stated that his only regret about the new racing law is that it isn't more strict. He specifically said he "would rather have racing kick in at 30km/h over rather than 50 km/h over."

Is this man serious????????????

So for going 130 km/h this is what Julian Fantino wants to see.

1) You get get your car impounded instantly and pay the towing and storage charge (even if it wasn't the drivers car).
    2) You get charged for racing
    3) You face a criminal sentence
    4) Serious fines and other consequences.

If Julian Fantino gets his way we will be building new jails for all the criminals who regularly travel 130 on the 400 series highways, and that includes his own officers who cruise at that speed. Hypocrisy at it's best.

As I've said before, there is a problem with any law (in this case speeding) which 95% of the population breaks.

I've already written to my MPP on this subject. I hope you all do the same.

Re: OPP Police Chief Fantino - are you serious?

im waiting for the day when someone take a shot at him or the other glory hound cam wooley
    all they will have to do is take the wrong guys car.
    then blame no more street racing laws.
    Last edited by freedomfighter; 11-02-2007 at 06:22 PM.

this will get moved any minute now but abetter idea would be to make it a if you go double the speed limit you get nailed. That way they target the people causing all the problems, ie. the people racing down 60/70km/h streets doing well over 100 km/h

I am thinking of doing a mission...

my mission will be to follow politicians around and video tape how they drive.

I concur. There is some serious problems with this 'law'. I always thought that the justice system in the free world is set up such that no innocent person is convicted of a crime that he/she did not commit. Far better to have 1-2% of real criminals get away with the crime then the other way. Having grown up in a country where the reverse is true, no Canadian should stand for this. Why doesn't someone start a legal fund to challenge this. I'd gladly contribute to it and I'am sure so would others.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnn View Post

I love that idea....and include following members of the police force who supposedly enforce this law.

I had thought of that too. Let's do it!!!!

I would move this topic to the massive thread otherwise it might get merged or deleted.
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600 K8

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Cycle View Post
    I love that idea....and include following members of the police force who supposedly enforce this law.
    that'd be awesome, for 6 months just follow around cops, and politicians on their private time while they drive and video tape their stupidness....and then share it with the world...

Secondly, and prepare yourself for this next statement:

Chief Fantino stated that his only regret about the new racing law is that it isn't more strict. He specifically said he "would rather have racing kick in at 30km/h over rather than 50 km/h over."
    I totally agree with the Supercop.

But...

... only after they raise the speed limit with at least 20km/h.

I've entertained a version of this, too.

My version is this: A lot of the supposed "aggressive driving" arrests are apparently happening because of people phoning in (*OPP on a cell phone).

SOooo ... Any time you are out and about in your cage, and you observe *any* vehicle that belongs to the government making the *slightest* transgression whatsoever, phone in a complaint. If you happen to know the personal vehicles of politicians or police officers, same thing. This includes the yellow MTO service vehicles, the white vehicles of all descriptions with "Ontario" on the side, any police car marked or unmarked, the Ministry of Environment vehicles, the MTO Motor Carrier Enforcement vehicles (looks like a police car), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post

My version is this: A lot of the supposed "aggressive driving" arrests are apparently happening because of people phoning in (*OPP on a cell phone).

SOooo ... Any time you are out and about in your cage, and you observe *any* vehicle that belongs to the government making the *slightest* transgression whatsoever, phone in a complaint. If you happen to know the personal vehicles of politicians or police officers, same thing. This includes the yellow MTO service vehicles, the white vehicles of all descriptions with "Ontario" on the side, any police car marked or unmarked, the Ministry of Environment vehicles, the MTO Motor Carrier Enforcement vehicles (looks like a police car), etc.
    i believe their plates are registered as police/provincial and i'm sure ur call with be ignored and/or laughed at...sorry but that's how these guys roll. i know members of the emergency services who "regularly" get away with breaking HTA laws.
    AM#98

2004 GSX-R600
    2006 300C AWD HEMI
    2008 Porsche 987s
    ----------------------
    Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueThunder View Post
    I had thought of that too. Let's do it!!!!

I would move this topic to the massive thread otherwise it might get merged or deleted.

this goes for Platinum and yourself.

My friend and I have already discussed this and the wheels are in motion. By the way, it's called operation sizzling bacon.

30 over? Has Fantino ever driven on the 400 series highways? This guy has his head all the way up his ***.
    "Fantino has been quoted saying he is "satisfied" with the 41 per cent conviction rate under the new law. I'm glad he's not running a brain surgery school" - Kenzie

Kriptik Riders: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2317743102
    Fighting a Ticket: http://www.roadwarriors.ca/ontario_traffic_tickets_speeding_tickets_tutorial
    http://www.naseinvestors.com
    http://www.jafrum.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post

it's a good idea but we need the video to prove it.

Sizzling bacon started as my idea to follow cops and video tape them when they turn their lights on to go through red lights etc. And XLOR8...if you get a video of them doing it they cannot deny it especially because it will quickly be put out to the different media outlets.

Call this out there but try this. After a month of bragging how many 'maniacs' they've removed, they have also noticed (and/or caught) a lot more doing 30-40 over (I take the 5th on where my speedo has been lately). Probably a good portion of those were probably doing 50+ but have notched it down a bit to avoid losing their vehicles.

So now let's throw out a remark that maybe we should have gone for 30 over instead of 50. See if it gains some traction. Perhaps the politicos will bite or maybe they're getting it out there thru the chief ... why not, they're back for 4 more years.

After we remove some more 'maniacs', we'll have forced the others (who probably used to do 50+) to 20 over now ... hey that magic number that cops seem to ignore you for (unless they're bored or in a bad mood).

So moron or smart cop/politician with an eye on the endgame?
    Last edited by zeekat; 10-30-2007 at 10:42 PM.

How quaint. Add a GPS unit with logging and bluetooth to the car. Then you just need to get close from time to time to dump the data. (A cheap unit with an extended battery pack and mag-mount should do the trick.)
    MyBikeWiki Handy indexed links.

fantino is a useless fatass. dude is on a crazy power trip

Like the two OPP cruisers that passed me on the 403 while I was doing 134? They had no lights on either.
    If you try to make it idiot-proof, someone will just make a better idiot....

who says you have to follow anyone around, i would love to have a camera in my car mounted on the dash that just records as i drive and all the idiots that i see on the road...lol...oh wait, im one of those idiots sometimes...hmmm...not a good idea...lol...

the governing policies regarding driving in ONT (let alone Canada) are a ****in joke. not to mention those people that make them that work in those dept's. it is sad how far off targeting the real issues for accidents they are, but even moreso how unjust the power to cops is now, and the discretion given too. #&*($)*(&$%)#$*(&%)&%)*( time to move to Europe!
    ...vrooom