Another Suzuki Newmarket Review

Thread: Another Suzuki Newmarket Review

Another Suzuki Newmarket Review

I went into SoN on Thursday October 19 to order an air filter and oil seal for my bike. They didnt have it in stock, so I had to pay for the parts, and they would be shipped in. My name and phone number were written down, and was told it would take a few days, since the local warehouse had them in stock

I didnt receive a phone call from them. Instead, I had to call yesterday, Oct 29, to see if my parts were in, and of course they were.

Ive ordered parts before from CWW and McBrides, and I was notified each time they came. I expected this sort of service though, given their less than stellar reputation

Smile Re: Another Suzuki Newmarket Review

Another happy customer of SoN.
    The motorcycle must surely be the devils handy work, cuss its way tooooo much fun

Re: Another Suzuki Newmarket Review

I've ordered parts before from CWW and McBrides, and I was notified each time they came. I expected this sort of service though, given their less than stellar reputation[/QUOTE]

I couldn't give two ** either way but I am curious; why the post if this is what you expected???

Almost like you went there hoping for this to happen so you can post up.
    Last edited by infernobuster; 11-02-2007 at 12:10 PM. Reason: language
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

Maybe once there is enough posts about this terrible place people will actually stop going there to have car salesmen try to sell them vehicles they have never even sat on.

I've said it before and will say it again, who gives a crap who sells you the bike?? If you know what you're buying why do you need salesman who's a true biker? Do your research in the model you're buying and shop around. What you need is a salesman who will do the paper work quickly and get you out the door.

People continue to show up at Newmarket to buy their bikes because they're cheaper than anywhere else. Then they turn around and wonder where all the service is.

It's like buying something from Wal-Mart instead of Bay-Bloor radio. Think aout it. Sure you get the cheap price up front but there is a cost to that cheaper price. Yet people still want it all. Get a grip man!
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I've said it before and will say it again, who gives a crap who sells you the bike?? If you know what you're buying why do you need salesman who's a true biker? Do your research in the model you're buying and shop around. What you need is a salesman who will do the paper work quickly and get you out the door.

People continue to show up at Newmarket to buy their bikes because they're cheaper than anywhere else. Then they turn around and wonder where all the service is.

It's like buying something from Wal-Mart instead of Bay-Bloor radio. Think aout it. Sure you get the cheap price up front but there is a cost to that cheaper price. Yet people still want it all. Get a grip man!
    Your right it doesnt matter who sells you the bike, the end result is the same. What I forgot to mention though was that they hire "mechanics" to assemble their motorcycles, who would probably struggle to change a bicycle tire in under 4 hours.

There has been more than one post on this board from people who bought bikes brand new from SON which have not been put together properly.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    I went into SoN on Thursday October 19 to order an air filter and oil seal for my bike. They didnt have it in stock, so I had to pay for the parts, and they would be shipped in. My name and phone number were written down, and was told it would take a few days, since the local warehouse had them in stock

I didnt receive a phone call from them. Instead, I had to call yesterday, Oct 29, to see if my parts were in, and of course they were.

Ive ordered parts before from CWW and McBrides, and I was notified each time they came. I expected this sort of service though, given their less than stellar reputation
    Thats not that big of a deal.

Really.

The other posts.... yeh... no doubt.
    Cam
    DR.ZED
    09 Jetta clean diesel. M6
    07 Honda Shadow Spirit C2 VTX750C27
    85 BMW 325e - the race car

Quote Originally Posted by Dober View Post
    Your right it doesnt matter who sells you the bike, the end result is the same. What I forgot to mention though was that they hire "mechanics" to assemble their motorcycles, who would probably struggle to change a bicycle tire in under 4 hours.

There has been more than one post on this board from people who bought bikes brand new from SON which have not been put together properly.
    I've never bought a brand new bike from a dealership. If I would there's no question that I'd go over it from top to bottom. I once had a brand new motocross and when doing my own PDI noticed minimal grease in the steering head brgs and swingarm brgs, that would have caused premature wear had it not been looked after.
    I guess the point is though that some people don't have the ability to do that and they rely on their selling dealer to take care of that. If it's not done properly it's probably not the first time and that's a problem.
    www.bulletmotoracing.com

"Fantino has been quoted saying he is "satisfied" with the 41 per cent conviction rate under the new law. I'm glad he's not running a brain surgery school" - Kenzie

Kriptik Riders: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2317743102
    Fighting a Ticket: http://www.roadwarriors.ca/ontario_traffic_tickets_speeding_tickets_tutorial
    http://www.naseinvestors.com
    http://www.jafrum.com

GajCo

Yeah - I agree - I just posted a while ago... same problem - SON sucks!!

Such a dumbass - should've read the reviews BEFORE I went to Suzuki Newmarket...

I live in Richmond Hill - so it's the closest "suzuki" dealership to me.... but the b*stards have screwed me over plenty by now.

I've always bought my bikes used - but head to the dealerships for the major services & to pick up parts.

My story begins with LAST riding season.

1.) I took my bike in for a full tune-up, and in the end - they didn't call me back once the bike was done - I had to follow-up after a week & they told me: OH - it's just been sitting here for a week. (after I gave them specific instructions that I needed by bike by a certain day, scheduled an appointment for the service, and requested a call back when everything was done). Fine... that might just be common courtesy in my eyes.

But what isn't common courtesy - was the fact that the chain wasn't even lubed - and the timing on the engine wasn't aligned!! I knew I should have written up a complaint letter - but I was just too damn lazy. So I said f*ck it.

2.) I ordered decals for my 2005 GS 500 F, cause I damaged the fairings in a slight spill. I ordered them TWICE - two different "managers" - and BOTH times the part didn't come in properly.

The Parts Manager "Mike" - told me that my parts probably doesn't exist - and that I'm probably mistaken about the proper colours of my bike. (i.e. He doesn't know himself the OEM colours of a 2005 - can't look it up? can't find it anywhere?? do a simple google search!! whatever... maybe he's computer illiterate - so I'll let that slide).

3.) This season, I return to re-order these decals. First the B*stard Mike (Parts Manager) pretends not to remember me.. maybe he doesn't - I'm sure tons of people go through there. He blames me - and says: "you probably didn't order the parts properly last time... because we wouldn't screw something like that up". ummm - YOU in particular did - and YOU never followed up... last season Mike said: "I'll figure this out - and call you back" ... needless to say the season ENDED - and no follow-up call came - EVEN THOUGH - I CALLED BACK & Left at least 3 messages for him (including an email).

He orders the parts - says: I had to prepay for them - cause they were special order - and says: there is NO way they will not come back correctly, AND don't worry - I will call you when they come in. (where have I heard this before).

Then he marks up the parts by nearly 50% their price. Fine... I'll take the hit once more... lesson learnt.

It's been a costly one... but done deal - NO MORE SUZUKI NEWMARKET!! idiots!!

There seems to be alot of other willing and knowledgable vendors on here. Use them from now on and forget SON

I bought some parts from Hillcrest Suzuki and didn't have one problem, ordered it over the phone, they called me when it came it, went and picked it up.

No problem. well, there was a slight issue, but that was with the part, not the dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post

Come on... seriously.
    Cam
    DR.ZED
    09 Jetta clean diesel. M6
    07 Honda Shadow Spirit C2 VTX750C27
    85 BMW 325e - the race car