1057 Charged in 1st month

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1057 Charged in 1st month

1057 Charged in 1st month

In the Sun today there is an article with the first month stats.
    1057 Charged
    38 per day average
    2-10 Million in revenues
    I guess the best part is Fantino spouting off that he was after 30km over. Can you freakin imagine?
    All I can say its a good thing that all these "street racers" are caught, I had no idea that there was this much "racing" going on. We are saved.
    Why do I not feel grateful?

Re: 1057 Charged in 1st month

wow...it's a good thing they're concentrating their efforts where they are needed...there's probably a higher chance that you'll get hit with a bullet while shopping on boxing day than have an unfortunate run-in with "street racers".

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_16247.aspx

another shootout. we've caught 1057 street racers but you can pretty much shoot someone in broad daylight and get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    In the Sun today there is an article with the first month stats.
    1057 Charged
    38 per day average
    2-10 Million in revenues
    I guess the best part is Fantino spouting off that he was after 30km over. Can you freakin imagine?
    All I can say its a good thing that all these "street racers" are caught, I had no idea that there was this much "racing" going on. We are saved.
    Why do I not feel grateful?
    Just imagine all the years of track fees you could have saved by racing on the street Ken.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Just imagine all the years of track fees you could have saved by racing on the street Ken.

haha yeah really.... makes me want to take my plates off and give them a few don valley parkway runs at top speed... and then stop for the tail of cop cars and be like, THIS IS street racing... now give me a ticket for the real thing and take my other one back!

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    I
    1057 Charged
    thats 7399 impound days. Can anyone confirm the impound fees? What is it like 300 / day or something?

7399 x $300/ day = 2.2+ million add that to the revenue generated in fines alone and I'd say that they have made a pretty good buck off these "streetracers"!

Quote Originally Posted by chintoe View Post
    thats 7399 impound days. Can anyone confirm the impound fees? What is it like 300 / day or something?

7399 x $300/ day = 2.2+ million add that to the revenue generated in fines alone and I'd say that they have made a pretty good buck off these "streetracers"!
    Impound fee's are nowhere near 300 a day! They range from $25 a day to $100, there are a few chase shops that are charging a bit more than $100, but there days are numbered..

Of the 4 impound yards I deal with, the cheapest is $25 a day and the most expensive is $60 a day, I know of a few in Mississauga charging $100 a day. If they charge more they are taking a risk of loosing the OPP contract and being kicked off the highway. They don't want that because 60-100 a day is much better than 0. If someone is charging more and you have the bill to prove it (Yes Prove it) you should call OPP and ask for the towing department and take the bill there and complain. They know what should be charged..
    Last edited by RoadHogg; 11-06-2007 at 12:21 PM.
    99 R1, SS Swing Arm, Mag rims, wolf undertail exaust... and more toys not going to mention.
    02 Gsxr 1000

I'll have to pay 540 when i go pick up my motorcycle on monday... well everyone has different rates, my bike is in cayuga area... LOL... this sux man... but what can i do...
    freaky

Quote Originally Posted by 1LTRK6 View Post
    I'll have to pay 540 when i go pick up my motorcycle on monday... well everyone has different rates, my bike is in cayuga area... LOL... this sux man... but what can i do...
    Thats not bad for towing and storage..
    Mine would have been $620

Whats the break down of the cost? (towing and what did they charge per day?)
    99 R1, SS Swing Arm, Mag rims, wolf undertail exaust... and more toys not going to mention.
    02 Gsxr 1000

Stop by and say hello to the illegal occupiers, while you're down there.

What, specifically, did they nail you for? What was the charge on the ticket?

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by chintoe View Post

~$300 for 7 days in T.O. ...but I gather it changes depending on how far you are from the impound yard when you're taxed.
    If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face - Rage Against The Machine

Quote Originally Posted by TBSS_guy View Post
    ~$300 for 7 days in T.O. ...but I gather it changes depending on how far you are from the impound yard when you're taxed.
    good morning

and i doubt anyone charges 300/day, most probably around the 100 mark

Quote Originally Posted by masalma View Post
    good morning

and i doubt anyone charges 300/day, most probably around the 100 mark
    I believe he was saying it was a total of $300.00 for the week.

If all these 1057 charges were for 50 over or actual stunting or racing, not just some police officers opinion of the situation, I would be very happy with all those people giving up the money. However, since none of that can be guaranteed, it's too bad people have to go through this.
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    I believe he was saying it was a total of $300.00 for the week.
    It was ~$29/day storage, ~$50 towing, plus taxes.
    ...not that I know firsthand...
    If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face - Rage Against The Machine

Lucky you.... I was with G when he had to pay the $960 to pick his up!

It was soemthing like $79.99 per day.. I only remember the total = $960

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...52&postcount=1

Someone should organize a class action lawsuit and ask all 1057 charged to pay in $500 each for a good constitutional lawyer. That would mean a $500K retainer to get this law tossed or at least modified.

Heck, I bet you could get a lot of enthusiasts to put dough into the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Snobike Mike View Post
    Someone should organize a class action lawsuit and ask all 1057 charged to pay in $500 each for a good constitutional lawyer. That would mean a $500K retainer to get this law tossed or at least modified.

Heck, I bet you could get a lot of enthusiasts to put dough into the pot.
    I doubt it. The bottom line is people are cheap. They will always wait for someone else to do it for them, myself included.

i would like to see how many Bikes they got ! i know there are way more cars out there to get caught , but my guess is they didn't get many bikes if you know what i mean ! i ain't interested in this $$$-guilty club ; i'll be checking my mirrors alot !

dont be f**led by their numbers , 1054 ppl or 1054 tickets issued, each person got charger for speeding and excessive which is the same i guess. They have to give u 2 tickets in case u win one so they can charge u for another one and they are manipulating ppl thru media there mite be only 500 ppl who got charged or if it thru then there was over 2000 tickets...

talking about impound see there is a thing they say ull get ur bike in 7 days , no its not true u get it in 9, thats what happed to me i got charged for 9 impound days, plus i got chagred with 150 bucks for some OPP charge, at the end i had to pay 588.35 .

Well my court is in july of 2008 so we`ll see what happens but till then i can hope cop dies, goes on vacation, somehow charges get dropped, i move outta country or God blesses me and makes them forgive me but until then ill be riding and riding and go to the track ...

Neways ppl Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...............
    freaky

My wife was stopped on the 401, got crushed by a woman behind her, totalled both cars. Minimum $20 000 damage to both cars and my wife is badly injured.

The lady who rear ended my wife wasn't charged. Can you believe that, no careless, no following too close....NOTHING I guess because they couldn't prove she was going 50 over or stunting, either that or her husband / Dad was a cop.

The fact that she admitted to not paying attention and destroyed my wifes car is irrelevant I guess.