Elephant Lake Road?

Thread: Elephant Lake Road?

Elephant Lake Road?

If you're doing the 507, leave your self a little extra time and go on up to Elephant Lake Road.....you won't be sorry!
    It's quite a bit better than the 507 and in pretty good shape....

Re: Elephant Lake Road?

... but BE CAREFUL at the section that crosses the bridge; those corners are tighter than the corners leading up to them and are a popular place to crash. No cell phone coverage in a lot of that area, either ...

Be careful on the whole thing if you're not familiar with it, going north after the bridge the first left can catch you off guard as it is tighter than it appears to be (lots of people build up too much speed going into this one) and also about half way up there are some nasty mid corner bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Be careful on the whole thing if you're not familiar with it, going north after the bridge the first left can catch you off guard as it is tighter than it appears to be (lots of people build up too much speed going into this one) and also about half way up there are some nasty mid corner bumps.
    is this just past the lumber mill area? I've spooked myself a few times (didnt learn the 1st time) with a sharp turn around there

Moderator Moderator lil red bird's Avatar

yes ! and watch for gravel in that corner as well due to atv's coming on the road mid corner
    Mental health who needs it?There is a reason you never see motorcycles infront of a therapists office.

Quote Originally Posted by lil red bird View Post
    yes ! and watch for gravel in that corner as well due to atv's coming on the road mid corner
    +1 on occasional gravel. 1st time I ran this road in July there were odd patches, but by September there was alot of gravel and crap in some of the corners. Also if going W-E watch out for the stop sign warning at the end of the road in Maynooth, seen two people blow through it into traffic.

'Tis a nice road though.
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400