Lite oil spray b4 kissing goodby..

Thread: Lite oil spray b4 kissing goodby..

Arrow Lite oil spray b4 kissing goodby..

Lite oil spray over all the bike after taking the seat out and b4 throwing the blanket on for winter, is it necessary? if it is what kind of oil recommended. I even heard one said, 'PAM' cooking oil is good enough.
    and easy to clean in Spring.
    Keep smiling, the best has yet to come...

Re: Lite oil spray b4 kissing goodby..

try K Y

DeeCBR

why would spray with oil?
    if the bike is wiped cleaned of all contanminents then there is nothing to worry about.

WD40 Spray

I have always been taught to wash my bike and then spray entire bike with WD40 or Fogging oil to prevent rust starting on any of the fasteners,rotors,etc. This does work extremely well,it dries in about 2 hrs an leaves just a very slight oil residue to guard agianist rust Apparently this what they do at the factory prior to shipping any crates....try it it really works quite well I have done it for years.

Re: WD40 Spray

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaholic View Post
    I have always been taught to wash my bike and then spray entire bike with WD40 or Fogging oil to prevent rust starting on any of the fasteners,rotors,etc. This does work extremely well,it dries in about 2 hrs an leaves just a very slight oil residue to guard agianist rust Apparently this what they do at the factory prior to shipping any crates....try it it really works quite well I have done it for years.
    Factories use cosmoline prior to shipping a bike.As part of your pdi that you pay for,the shop is supposed to degrease and wash your bike.This is where that funny "new" smell comes from. I wouldn't use it near brake pads or windshields though. http://www.schafco.com/cosmoline.asp
    Last edited by Wingboy; 10-28-2007 at 07:38 PM.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Re: WD40 Spray

I would just spray some Krown on any spots I thought might rust over the winter.

My bike doesn't rust in the summer so why would it rust in the winter in my dry garage?

WD40 is a solvent, so I dunno about spraying that all over my bike.

What about one of thsoe rustcheck sprays from canadian tire?

I dont spray the whole bike but I do some of the bits. Just make sure you put something under the bike because come spring there will be an oil slick under your bike.
    Bikes R what unite us, what kind should not matter!

Thanks to you all guys, enjoy the ride for few more weeks, then see you all next spring.
    Keep smiling, the best has yet to come...