thinking about tweaking my 600rr?

Thread: thinking about tweaking my 600rr?

DeeCBR

thinking about tweaking my 600rr?

currently its 100% stock 06 model
    i was wondering with a full exhaust and maybe commander installed and remapped what kind of gains i would see?

also is this all doable under $1200?

Re: thinking about tweaking my 600rr?

Quote Originally Posted by DeeCBR View Post
    i was wondering with a full exhaust and maybe commander installed and remapped what kind of gains i would see?

A good pipe and a proper map generally gets 8-15 hp depending on the pipe and engine condition. It can usually fatten up the torque curve some as well.
    Pipe, K & N and a good map are a good start. Generally a timing advance helps as well.

yes

Powered by Platinum Powersports www.platinum-powersports.com

You will get some improvement. I think 8-15 hp is a little optimistic though.

One of the guys I ride with put a full Akro, K&N and PCIII on his 07 and had Ryan map it on his dyno. It went from 107 – 112 and that’s after spending over $2k on it.

If you’re going to throw that much into it I would say just buy a litre bike.

DeeCBR

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post

One of the guys I ride with put a full Akro, K&N and PCIII on his 07 and had Ryan map it on his dyno. It went from 107 – 112 and that’s after spending over $2k on it.

i would love a 1k bike but being 20 with m2 isnt really affordable. im doing this for just the sound and some performance gain. i want to track this bike. next summer.

i would love a 1k bike but being 20 with m2 isnt really affordable. im doing this for just the sound and some performance gain. i want to track this bike. next summer.

Why dont you take it above 7000 rpm first???
    Or maybe learn to corner with it.....before you upgrade.

On the track that RR is more than you can handle.........any track rider on here can assure you of that.
    Last edited by 01cbr; 10-28-2007 at 04:05 AM.

i wouldn't say more than you can handle, but forget the exhaust, keep the engine stock and dump the money into brakes (braded lines, HH pads, and a brembo master if budget permits) and suspension (rebuilt forks with some stiffer springs and a rear shock). You will appreciate these much more on the track.
    "There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated"
    -NOFX 'the idiots are taking over'

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post

True they are all different. I got 12 outta my SV messing on the dyno for three passes in ten minutes.

As already said above the gains will vary depending on the exhaust system, weather its a slipon or full system, the dyno, the operator, the powercommander being present or not. From a street farting around point of view I can see the want to get a little more mid range pull out of an 06 600RR but if you are planning to go to the track and do more than just one parade day then you just forget about exhaust right now.

Much more important than exhaust is to have braided brake lines on the front, a suspension overhaul to setup for your weight, and changing the sprockets (the gearing). Your bike responds very well to an Ohlins shock and completely transforms its character.

I speak from experience (done at least 10 of them) when I say your bike does not respond very well to the more popular exhaust systems without power commanders on the market. You get more noise for sure but a very questionable performance improvement. Add the power commander and yes there is a noticable improvement but not 10 hp. With some dyno time you might get up there, but that costs money too.

If you're looking for a bit of a performance improvement I would throw sprockets at it. Now don't ask me how I know but these guys have it figured out pretty good in terms of an exhaust system that works on your bike and they supply you the map you need for your bike

http://satoracing.com/full05cbr600rr.htm