Exhaust for an Sv650s

Thread: Exhaust for an Sv650s

Exhaust for an Sv650s

I have an 02' SV650s and I was wondering where can I buy a decent exhaust pipe? Also, since my bike isn't fuel injected, would it cause problems for my carborator if I slipped on a new exhaust?...

Re: Exhaust for an Sv650s

Quote Originally Posted by KevinHorvath24 View Post
    I have an 02' SV650s and I was wondering where can I buy a decent exhaust pipe? Also, since my bike isn't fuel injected, would it cause problems for my carborator if I slipped on a new exhaust?...
    I have seen good gains on SVs using M4 and Leo Vince pipes, and yes yopu will need to rejet with a pipe.

I posted a responce in the other section

Quote Originally Posted by KevinHorvath24 View Post
    You will have to rejet carbs with new pipe!
    anyone can hurt a fighter not everyone will get a chance to excuse

Re: Exhaust for an Sv650s - and other mods

Hey there,

I spent a good deal of time and money upgrading my ex's (damn, what a waste) SV650, so I thought I'd impart my experiences.

I bought:

-K&N Filter
    -Tank Spacers
    - Wileyco 3/4 Exhaust (replaces everything except the one header pipe)
    -DynoJet kit

Everything but the dynojet kit came from EBay.

This combination produced amazing results. The bike went from "peppy" to having a hard time not bringing the front end up when accelerating. I was shocked the first time I drove it down the block. It was a completely different machine. And the sound....holy crap it went from a bad sewing machine to honestly sounding like a nice harley. I still remember the look on her face when I told her to come out to the garage and start it for the first time.

Anyways....everything was exceedingly easy to do (and although I am familiar with car mechanics, it was the first time I had ever touched a motorcycle). Even the jet kit wasn't hard to install....the worst part is all the finicky screws, cables, and whatnot that you have to loosen to get the carbs out. Once they're out, installing the Dynojet kit was very simple.

I did a lot of research before tinkering with the bike, and everyone agreed that the rejetting is imperative to good operation.

Oh, and one "issue" I had....the carb idle adjusting screws had corroded in place, so it was a huge pain to get the idle speed up after modifying the carbs. A bit of penetrating oil did the trick though.

Hope that helps you. Good luck.

Chris